Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • Did i do the right thing?
  • sofatester
    Free Member

I’ve had this happen to me in the past, i know that if i said something it would just make the situation worse. If it does esculate and you have to put him/her down you will always end up worse off. Either getting a thrashing from the gang waiting round the corner/in car. Or from the police for assualt. Walk on by.

Forget it, just go and ride your bike.

There are less idiots in the countryside, apart from singlespeeders of course 😆

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

jahwomble – errr yeah ok, maybe i just dont see the problem with describing someone as they are? its just like saying the guy was tall/thin/fat or whatever. i dont see why he shouldnt have said the lad was asian.

and as for your exceptionally worded/ wannabe intellectual assumptions – wrong.

I stand by my comment that some people are desperate to show how PC they are by being ‘PC superheroes’ – this is a great example of how they can look like nob heads.

hora
    Free Member

jahwomble – Member

“I dont give a toot about race,we are all the same in my book. “

as I asked before, why mention it then?

Maybe the lad has access to a time travelmachine. He read this thread, took offence at Shrecks comment so decided to travel back a day and have a word in his ear about it? Its one big time continuum constantly revolving..

chakaping
    Free Member

To defend OP, the guy’s asian-ness is relevant because of asian takeaway.

Comments about ending up done for racial assault are a bit stupid though.

enfht
    Free Member

well said Crushrider

miketually
    Free Member

To defend OP, the guy’s asian-ness is relevant because of asian takeaway.

Why?

miketually
    Free Member

You’re the one doing the stereotyping.

Probably.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

enfht – cheers mate 😀

enfht
    Free Member

Crushrider, I aint your mate you rascist pig (joke)

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ha ha, that got me for a second!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Him being Asian could have a relevance, could not. This kind of thing happens to me occasionally, round here. I’ve had it off White lads, Black, and Asian.

Ok.

To try and bring a little bit of insight to this…

Many young Asian men tend to hang around in quite large groups. Round here, at least, the reason for this stemmed from the fact that smaller groups and lone bods would often suffer racist attacks from gangs of thugs. So, a sort of defensive thing; safety in numbers. Another, is the ‘Gang’ thing aspect of ‘street culture’.

IME, the most aggressive and antagonistic group, in this area, are the young Asian lads. Mostly, things are fine, but if there is any trouble, guaranteed, there will be loads of them appear, within seconds. I’ve learned not to get into situations with Asian lads, if there’s the threat of loads more round the corner. Call it cowardly, but it doesn’t seem to be a part of Asian culture, to have a fair ‘one-on-one’. No, you’re more likely to get a kicking off a dozen or more.

Also, this is exacerbated by the incredible arrogance displayed by some young Asian men. If there are any females around, they can behave in the most appalling manner. The posturing and arrogance is seen as more of a positive, even desirable quality, it seems, within young Asian culture. The boys act big and tough, and the girls think it’s all brave and macho. Everyone else just think they’re being dickheads.

Now, you add into this mix, sexual frustration. This is the really worrying aspect of the drive to violence, within so many young men, of all colours. But withing the highly segregated Asian communities, many of the young lads are just not finding a natural outlet for their frustrations, and sexual desires. So, this gets warped, and manifests itself as arrogant and aggressive behaviour. The big, flashy cars thing is part of it (as it is so with other groups, too), as is the flashy clothes, fancy ‘phones etc.

So, whilst their counterparts from other cultures are getting some, the young Asians are, on the whole, not. With many of them being obliged to enter into arranged marriages, their only sexual encounters are often with prostitutes (prostitution is rife, in this area, and the vast majority of clients are young Asian men), or girls from other cultures. These are secret and ‘illicit’ liasons, and are extremely frowned upon, within the Asian community, and therefore kept quiet. So, sex is seen as something ‘dirty’ and ‘wrong’, outside of marriage, and living in a society where sexual openness is prevalent, and sexual activity seen as ‘normal’ and acceptable, these young men, full of raging hormones, are often, quite simply, walking time-bombs. This is a problem that is not addressed, and not even discussed, within the Asian community.

I’ve dealt with sneering, arrogant little **** by saying stuff like ‘you’re a virgin, aren’t you (18-20 year old lads don’t seem to like this)?’ ‘You don’t even know what a woman looks like, do you?’. They usually have no response other than apoplectic rage.

So, getting back to the OP…

You walked on. You did the right thing. All you need to know, next time, is that the poor little fecker isnt, well, ****, and that’s why he’s all wound up.

Hope this sheds some light on this particular issue.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why?

Re-read his post.

He said he didn’t respond as he feared the guy’s friends could be in the takeaway waiting to pounce on him.

Unlikely, I know – but it does make the assailant’s race relevant.

miketually
    Free Member

He said he didn’t respond as he feared the guy’s friends could be in the takeaway waiting to pounce on him.

Because gangs of Aisans hide in take-aways? Last time I was in our nearest Asian take away, I didn’t see any Asian people in there at all.

jon1973
    Free Member

Why can’t we all just be friends? Did Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder teach us nothing? they celebrated their diversity.

sofatester
    Free Member

Good point, we made Rudeboy.

Maybe the all need to beat one out before going out? Just an idea like.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Rudeboy, very interesting – the only long post ive read in ages

bigsi
    Free Member

hora – Member

Hang on, he might have been a Bollywood Actor looking for a dance-off with someone? [8)]

ROTFPMSL

OH and yes you did the right thing. I used to get this in night clubs all the time because I was bigger than you average teenager. Just used to walk away till one night this guy pushed the wrong button and got slammed into a fruit machine taking it, him and me over with the force. No one was injured but a still spent the rest of the night in a cell for drunk and disorderly.

Wouldn’t want to do that again 😯

trailmonkey

If you’ve had to think about it, you’ve done the right thing.
    People who are in a position to handle things physically, don’t think about it, they just wade in.

You’re OK today, the other guy will probably still be a pr1ck. Don’t worry about it.

hora
    Free Member

Hurray! someone else found my comment funny (I was laughing at my own joke) 😳

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I used to live in a very highly populated asian area and I would say that 80% ish of the asian men (not chinese but indian, packistanies, bangladesh etc) act in this manner. They think they are yardy “black” (ie afro carabean/american) gangsters and act in a arrogant and aggresive manner.

Before any of the “PC” brigade gets on my case I have “asian”, black, German,Spanish, Italian,Polish,Chinese, disabled and lesbian friends. I am just stating what I have observed. Oh and if i have spelt owt wrong or my grammer is not rite, DO ONE 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Personally I’d have told him to **** off regardless of the colour of his skin.

footstomper
    Free Member

Shreck you did the right thing by walking away. I know on occasions like this most people feel like retaliating but all it will get you is grief especially if you deck them proper , the police won’t be interested in the fact that they pushed or hit you first unlees you have a witness who will swear you acted in self defence.
    I was knocked of my bike recently by some drunk teenage idiot intentionally stepping out in front of me, first thing I do is get up go over and push him in the chest a few times with some verbal insults, I really did want to hit him but after realising he was only young I decided
    1) if I did that then i would be labled a child beater (even though he was bigger than me)
    2) probably end up in the cells when his mates called the cops.
    3) look stupid when my wife & her friend caught us up on thier bikes.
    He went off with his mates laughing and hurling threats, I went away still fuming but with the knowledge I did not go down to his childish level.

Forget it ever happened and don’t feel your pride has been hurt it takes more guts to walk away than to fight.

hora
    Free Member

Ps. Rudeboy that does ring true. My girlfriend has had alot of comments made about her nationality/race by groups of asian lads. I once took humbradge with this and it almost turned very nasty. White lads tend to think it, whereas sucky sucky, me love you longtime and hey chinese girl me like to….tend to be verbalised (and postured) I found. This of course is O/T to the OP’s thread though.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

jon1973
    Did Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder teach us nothing?

What? The Frog Chorus and Sir Duke?

Rudeboy, interesting and refreshingly candid opinions from someone who straddles the racial divide. Perhaps now you’ll respond to my comments on last week’s thread.

Jamie
    Free Member

Now, you add into this mix, sexual frustration…..

Sounds like the OP would have been in more danger of receiving a beat off as opposed to a beat down now.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! I got all serious, trying to help bring some understanding to this issue, then read Hora’s ‘Bollywood Dance Off’ post, and pissed meself! Brilliant!

Hora, you are a proper bastard! (Meant in a friendly and affectionate way, of course!)

If only some of these lads could channel their energies in this manner:

Check dem skilz!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Anyway, It’s a sad day when I can’t walk around the streets wearing my white pride t-shirt because of asians shoving me.

enfht
    Free Member

RudeBoy I dont know whats funnier, the video or the messages left underneath. IMO what an utter load of sh*t. (Does that make me a biggot?)

Del

get over it you lot.
    i liked wwaswas’s response, but i would never have occurred to me at the time. even if you run away it’s better than being bleeding on the floor whichever way you look at it.

snowslave

Not being a p.c. superhero at all. Genuinely interested as to why there’s a relevance to the guy being asian at all in the context of what’s been said.

chakaping
    Free Member

Whoever wrote “bombers” in the tags is being a bit stereotypical.

Richard Reid was of mixed british/jamaican heritage if I remember rightly.

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    chakaping – Member

Whoever wrote “bombers” in the tags is being a bit stereotypical.

Richard Reid was of mixed british/jamaican heritage if I remember rightly.
    Posted 35 seconds ago #

I am assuming your new?

hora
    Free Member

Check dem skilz!

That looks fun to be honest! I went to my mates engagement party and the Iman said ‘time for a short prayer’……sheesh he went on for about 20mins!

just realised the ‘bombers’ comment on this thread can be misread if your new!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Does that make me a biggot?

Not at all. Not part of your culture, is it (I’m assuming!), so not something you can personally relate to. I think it’s awful, too, but it’s a part of some Asian weddings, that sort of thing. Bit like ‘drunken dad dancing’ at a Western, Christian wedding. S’all right though- people enjoying themselves. Good to see people happy, I reckon.

Hora- bet the food was good though,eh?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

So that fact the OP called him a lad – does that make him sexist as well?

But yes, did the write thing. I think most people would much rather you were asking this question alive and unharmed, rather than you’re family asking the question “why did he have to die?” or the like….

enfht
    Free Member

I was only being sarcastic, but I do think it’s laughably sh*t all the same. BTW I’m a honky…oh pants I’ve done it again

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

er, just out of interest whats a honky? or should i not ask? 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

MrCrushrider – Member

er, just out of interest whats a honky? or should i not ask? [8O]

A caucasian person.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

There are less idiots in the countryside, apart from singlespeeders of course

See, that is proper racist!

Mods!

Rich
    Free Member

He also mentioned the lad was in his 20s, why wasn’t this picked up on as was the race mentioned?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Did i do the right thing?’ is closed to new replies.