Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • Did i do the right thing?
  • shreck
    Free Member

Walking home from the gym last night walking past the asian takeaway,an asian lad in his 20’s walking towards me,no eye contact as i walk past him he pushes me in the shoulder quite hard,i turn to him thinking it might be someone i know and i just had’nt relised,then he keep saying what you going to do about it over and over in the end i say i going to do nothing and go home i walk off and he does’nt follow.did i do the right thing i wondered later if the takeaway was full of his mates or had a car full of mates around he could of had anything in his pocket he could have pulled on me?just wondering what anyone else would have done?

aracer
    Free Member

Yes.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

I’d have bashed him.

Snigle
    😉

jahwomble
    Free Member

ignored it and got on with my life.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Walk on by.

binners

I’d have decked the ****!!!!

Then probably regretted it at my leisure, in the cells, as I’m pretty certain the feds would now have it down as a ‘racially motivated assault’.

His mates were probably the least of your worries

Cynical? Me?

jahwomble
    Free Member

I would have ignored it and got on with my life.Cannot see what possible pertinance him being Asian could have on the story either.

jahwomble
    Free Member

whoops, finger trouble there

wwaswas

“what you going to do about it”

I woudl have answered

“I’m going to behave like a grown up”

and walked off.

you did the right thing, even though I expect you got a bit an adrenalin rush and wanted to deck him fairly shortly afterwards. Funny thing the fight or flight reflex.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it’s been me he’d pushed, he’d have either missed because I’d have moved out of the way a bit quick, or just bounced off me because I don’t push around too easy.
    I’d have probably not even registered what had happened and carried on without breaking my step

snowslave

And the relevance of him being asian is?

loddrik
    Free Member

Depends, if you can back it up then say something, if not then carry on with your day safe in the knowledge that he was a tit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ll bet you’re not a big bloke?

I can’t imagine a looser like that pushing someone of say, Ton’s, dimensions around.

:o)

shreck
    Free Member

Didnt say him been asian had any point,just telling it as it happened.if i had done somthing about it,it might have a factor if the police became involved.

whytetrash

He’d probably just had a hard time off racist footie fans…joking fella!

Absolutely the right thing…transit/car/take-away load of mates is a real possibility, reminds me of when I was a student in stoke 3 lads in a transit asked me where a nightclub was…..I explained they acted(I think) thick and asked me to get into the back of the van and show them the way!…I politely declined!

Saying that when a smackhead had a go at me and the mrs recently I squared up to him and shoved him off but I was cornered pretty much and he’d been heckling me for ages so was obvious what was on his mind…..didn’t stop the mrs from blaming me …she said I should have walked away…women eh?

hora
    Free Member

shreck you did the right thing. At the moment you are questioning your own ‘manhood’? Don’t. It wasnt a matter of honour. Walking away from a mugging or someone in need- that is shameful, thats where you prove your worth. You diffused a situation by walking away from it.

Relevance of him being Asian is its part of the story, its descriptive, descriding the scene.

miketually
    Free Member

You did the right thing.

What kind of Asian take away was it?

hora
    Free Member

Just to add, alot of scum try it on/act hard as they usually have nothing to lose. If it was equal ground where we also had nothing to fear then it would be very different.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nothing wrong with saying he was asian, so stop trying to be a P.C. superhero, you just sound like a nob heads. and yes you did the right thing, no point getting in trouble when you can walk away

Android
    Free Member

You did the right thing, maybe he had just lost his job in the takeaway……

Whats the problem with the reference to being asian, its not a derogatory term! Its not like he called him a……………………..

shreck
    Free Member

I dont give a toot about race,we are all the same in my book.

miketually
    Free Member

Whats the problem with the reference to being asian, its not a derogatory term!

Depends why it was used. Was it because an Asian lad is more likely to pull a knife if you stand up to them?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

apologies for the typing – im eating at the same time! Android — my point exactly!

hora
    Free Member

Hang on, he might have been a Bollywood Actor looking for a dance-off with someone? 8)

enfht
    Free Member

Totally agree with MrCrushrider, what a kn*bhead question to ask. Are you living in a bubble snowslave? (bubble as in bubble)

aracer
    Free Member

You’re wrong, shrek – we’re not all the same. Asian children do far better academically than white children…

miketually
    Free Member

Hang on, he might have been a Bollywood Actor looking for a dance-off with someone?

You’ve assumed Asian means Indian.

miketually
    Free Member

Damn, I just assumed Bollywood actors have to be Indian!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Did you have your bombers with you????

hora
    Free Member

Ah, I also made a faux pas – Asian can also mean Chinese 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

Was the lad Siberian and it was a Turkish take away?

jon1973
    Free Member

Depends why it was used. Was it because an Asian lad is more likely to pull a knife if you stand up to them?

Surely that’s got more to do with you’re interpretation of why he specified that he was an Asian lad? That never occurred to me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course you did the right thing. Unless you are a 14 year old wannabe gang member, then you let him get away with dissing you. Better go back and stab him, or someone of his race if you can’t find him.

hora
    Free Member

OP, on a serious note a lad was shot dead last year in a Chinese Takeaway 1/2 a mile from my house over a argument.

jahwomble
    Free Member

mr crushrider, just wondered what the relevance to the story actually was? I can can only assume from your use of the term “P C superhero” and “Nob Heads” that you a thwarted bigot of some description?

That may sound like me being a “nob head”, but at least I can spell knob correctly. which I believe makes me sound less like one than somebody who cannot:)

miketually
    Free Member

Surely that’s got more to do with you’re interpretation of why he specified that he was an Asian lad? That never occurred to me.

Yes, it has everything to do with my interpretation of stereotyping.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you did the right thing many people do this to assert their macho manlyness as you backed down (as almost all sensible people would)but honestly was there any need (there almost never is) to fight over his act and what would it have proved?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

miketually

They can be a bit uppity.

jon1973
    Free Member

Yes, it has everything to do with my interpretation of stereotyping.

You’re the one doing the stereotyping.

jahwomble
    Free Member

“I dont give a toot about race,we are all the same in my book. “

as I asked before, why mention it then?
    🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Did i do the right thing?’ is closed to new replies.