Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Did i do the right thing?
  • anagallis_arvensis

I’d have fallen over, but then I’m on crutches at the meoment.
    A big Moari fella did the same thing to my brother once and must have been very confused when he came round. Mind you I expect my roughty, tufty brother has been beaten up more times than me so I think the walking/running away is the best option.
    I was walking home pissed with a bag of chips a few months ago when a massive bloke came out of a phonebox which he had just been kicking and shouted at me “DO YOU WANT A F**KIN GO?” my reply of “no thanks do you want a chip” seemed to diffuse the situation.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes shreck you did the right thing – sounds to me as if the assailant was something of a nutter.

And thank you for mentioning that he was Asian.

Had you not, I would have automatically assumed that he was white. And it’s nice to know that not all nutters are white.

BigJohn

A few years ago, I was in a situation where I said nothing and walked quietly away. I still feel bad that I didn’t stand up for myself.

Last November I had a confrontation, didn’t back down and got a broken cheekbone.

Hard to know the right thing to do sometimes.

Fatboy35

Should have weed in his shoes :mrgreen:

..Nah, you did the right thing.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, you have done the right thing.

In fact it would even be a waste of time even to give him an answer.

Bear in mind the person might have mental health problem.

😯

scraprider
    Free Member

you need to add all the facks into the desription, if the guy was asian then you need to say so , you did the right thing mate , could of been worce, E.G keen cyclist attacked , by a bloke, that desription would not help anyone, ffs what is going on , its not a rude comment or owt,

Hairychested
    Free Member

You did the right thing. Unless you’re Steven Seagal 😉

ex-pat
    Free Member

I probably would have called him a W@nker and turned and walked on.
    If he’d have come at me I’d have done my best.
    If my family was with me and I felt threatened (i.e. he was bigger than me) then I would have had a good go at ripping his arms off and feeding them to him.

All in all, I guess I’d have handled it badly.

Mind you, over here there’s still that local spirit (in most places around here) that if it had kicked off and someone had witnessed it they would have stepped in on the agrieved party – all good so long as I didn’t start it.

bruneep

shreck – Member

Did i not say he had quite a big nose?

Big Nose!!

hora
    Free Member

Once many years back me and my mate were driving through Fartown (Huddersfield) and as we passed a takeaway something bounced off the side of the car (turns out it was a billiard ball). Mate stopped the car and both of us jumped out to confront the slighly younger 3 WHITE idiots. Mate of mine (6ft 3 ASIAN), me 6ft2 WHITE) As we approached the 3 idiots all produced knifes and said ‘come on then’. We turned, legged jumped back in the car and floored it. There was a nice dent on the doorframe where the billiard ball had hit. Jesus, what would have happened if we couldnt get into the car intime?

Del

A few years ago, I was in a situation where I said nothing and walked quietly away. I still feel bad that I didn’t stand up for myself.

Last November I had a confrontation, didn’t back down and got a broken cheekbone.

Hard to know the right thing to do sometimes.

well, if you can’t draw a conclusion from those two experiences, there’s not much hope is there?
    100s of people end up in hospital every week because they can’t walk away. if they’re lucky they don’t also end up in court. life’s too short.

miketually
    Free Member

you need to add all the facks into the desription, if the guy was asian then you need to say so , you did the right thing mate , could of been worce, E.G keen cyclist attacked , by a bloke, that desription would not help anyone, ffs what is going on , its not a rude comment or owt,

The fact it was a bloke narrowed it down to just over 50% of the population. 60% of the Earth’s population live in Asia, with many more of Asian descent living outside the continent. So that fact it’s an Asian bloke narrow it down to something like 2 billion people, which is a big help.

hora
    Free Member

Back firmly on topic. Shreck, you did the right thing. Even if you won the fight, where do you stop? You’d end up a very very angry man doing exactly the samething to others, thinking the world is against you.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

So that fact it’s an Asian bloke narrow it down to something like 2 billion people, which is a big help.

So there is 2 billion Asians in the uk then?
    I would say in Scotland Asians would make up no more than about 5% of the population

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Did i do the right thing?’ is closed to new replies.