Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Did i do the right thing?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ah right, thought so – i just thought id check!

ta

Pook

from a journalistic point of view, his description of an Asian lad just adds detail to the story, as does him specifying the location.

He could have just said “I was being, and something happened”, would that have been easier?

Your own perception of what he intended to mean reveals more about you than it does him in my opinion.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Pook, good point – well made

aracer
    Free Member

Whoever wrote “bombers” in the tags is being a bit stereotypical.

Being an old timer, it wasn’t actually until hora’s comment below that I understood what you meant by that as my brain automatically thought “forks” 😆

enfht
    Free Member

**** me Pook thats far too much insite for STW readers! Good point though…

hora
    Free Member

Rudeboy the food was stunning. It was very Bollywood when the bride to be came in, glamour, cameras flashing (over-flashing to create a Popstar entrance effect). I was the only Gora in the place!

snowslave

Pook – Not at all. I agree anyone who shoulder barges someone deliberately is a plonker. I’d also agree it’s not wise to rise to the provocation, so hat’s off to the recipient of the provocation – you did a good thing I think.

I kinda thought that the guy’s colour is entirely irrelevant other than he’s a plonker for doing what he did.

Subsequently I’ve learned from this thread that many asians have gangsta culture fixations, carry knives, will attack mob handed, are virgins, etc.

All useful background info in case I ever meet one of these asian types in a similar situation.

DezB
    Free Member

Has nobody mentioned shreck should’ve gone and learned how to type proper English before posting?

Anyway, similar thing happened to me a little while back, bloke bumped me with his shoulder when I was walking along with MrsDezb. I turned and looked at him and he looked like the local drunk. He was giving it all the “come on”… I pissed myself laughing and carried on the way I was going.

Thing is, only YOU know if you’ve done the right thing, cos only you are in that situation at that time. There is absolutely no point in posting the question on here. (Especially if you can’t write proper)
    Even if you think afterwards, I should’ve done this, or that, or said this, it doesn’t matter, cos you react how you react and the moment’s gone.

shreck
    Free Member

It wasnt a shoulder barge it was a hand out push in the shoulder.i mentioned his race just as part of the story nothing to do with been racist.

stumpy01

You did the right thing, I reckon.

As for the whole race thing, just because it was mentioned the guy was asian…..what a load of toot.

From the sounds of it, what happened to you is the kind of thing that happened to me on a weekly basis where I grew up in Wembley. Groups of asian blokes stopping you passing in the high street – occasionally a group of black kids would do the same. It was always groups of blokes showing off to their mates – and I never had a white person or group do it to me….does that make me racist for saying that?
    I agree with rudeboys comment about the showing off to girls/mates thing. I had numerous run-ins with asian blokes at uni who thought they were being big and clever in front of their mates, with the safety net of numbers to protect them. One guy tried to trip me up in a club while I was carrying 3 pints. I managed to save the beer (yay!) and turned round to see who had done it. This bloke started squaring up to me laughing at what he had done, until he realised his mates hadn’t found it as funny and were walking off – that was it…..apologies all round and ‘yeah, safe man…..’ all that crap.

The older I get, the more I realise it’s safer to leave these morons to it. One day they’ll do it to someone who will absolutely massacre them.

DezB
    Free Member

It wasnt a shoulder barge it was a hand out push in the shoulder.

Hence the words similar thing

chakaping
    Free Member

from a journalistic point of view, his description of an Asian lad just adds detail to the story, as does him specifying the location.

You mean it adds a bit of colour to the story, don’t you?

Jamie – I was aware of the context the tag had been added in, I was just playing off the word’s normal meaning.

Picking the OP up for saying “Asian” is a red herring here. Now if he’d said “****”…

DezB
    Free Member

Why is it some folk try so hard to find racism, when it isn’t even there??

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Of course it was relevant, he was Asian and it was outside an Asian takeaway. If it had turned ugly and staff from the takeaway had come out, chances are they would have sided with the ‘bruva’.

And they have sharp knives, not to mention those electric shaver things that they cut kebab meat with. Shrek could have ended up on a spit, being slowly peeled and grilled at the same time!

aleigh
    Free Member

In answer to your question yes you did the right thing. In this day and age you can’t be too careful and confrontation really isn’t worth it!

sofatester
    Free Member

What happens if it had been a Taff? Or a jock? They have plenty of sexual frustration and like a good punch up. Or am I just stereotyping again?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Just to chuck a small grenade into proceeding how do we know this was not a racially motivated attack ?

Rudeboys comments really to hit the nail on the head – and somebody who used to work in inner city Bradford have observed similar behaviour and experienced low level racist abuse from young south Asian men

I find that the PC brigade tend to completely discount the fact that all races and cultures have the capacity to feel hatred and discriminate against any other race and culture

sofatester
    Free Member

“In this day and age you can’t be too careful and confrontation really isn’t worth it!”

What day and age was it OK? 😆

davidrussell
    Free Member

Or a jock? They have plenty of sexual frustration and like a good punch up

” angry scots pervert bams someone up in front of takeaway “

🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

What day and age was it OK?

depends what era you’re from 😉

hora
    Free Member

I dont get why people are over-liberalising about the mention of the persons origins. If a Scottish lad had done the same, the OP would have mentioned ‘Scottish’ as he would have heard his accent.

Its relevant possibly due to the area the OP was walking through and background from previous observations not mentioned on here. Stop Liberalising folks. We all know if someone was racist on here we’d all kick off.

Gary_M
    Free Member

does that make me racist for saying that?

I wouldn’t say so, does it make the groups you descrice racist for doing what they did?

As for the OP being racist because he described the potential attacker as ‘Asian’ – utter nonsense. I was used purely to add a descritive element to the story.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

You done the right thing walking by as you do not know what he was all about but he was very conident about bumping you.And as was mentioned he could have had a weapon or mates at the ready if it kicked off. As for the racist comments (what a load of cr^p) If he was fat and bald you would have mentioned that,if he had one eye you would have mentioned that, it just so happened that the thing that made him stand out was he was asian( no racist comment he just stated the facts). Some folk on here need to get off their high horse.
    Oh and on a slightly worrying note I seem to have agreed with Tandenjeremy

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    DezB – Member

Why is it some folk try so hard to find racism, when it isn’t even there??
    Posted 54 minutes ago #

+1

miketually
    Free Member

If a Scottish lad had done the same, the OP would have mentioned ‘Scottish’ as he would have heard his accent.

If he was fat and bald you would have mentioned that

if he had one eye you would have mentioned that

How do you know he didn’t have a Scottish accent? How do you know he wasn’t fat and bald? Did he have two eyes?

hora
    Free Member

if he had one eye you would have mentioned that

That makes sense, he bumped into the OP as he couldnt see where he was going? 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

That makes sense, he bumped into the OP as he couldnt see where he was going?

If it was a fat, one-eyed Asian, was it Abu Hamza?

snowslave

I wouldn’t retaliate v Abu Hamza – word on the street is he’s got some hard mates

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i can’t help but reminded of Avenue Q…

miketually
    Free Member

I wouldn’t retaliate v Abu Hamza – word on the street is he’s got some hard mates

I don’t think it was him. He’s not bald or Scottish.

snowslave

Maybe if he was coming out of McDonalds when he barged someone we could deduce he was Scottish?

davidrussell
    Free Member

“partially-sighted baldy Jock pervert feels up man outside take-away with his one good arm”

Abu-Hamza, bystander, declined to comment

I could write for the BBC

footstomper
    Free Member

Shrek if this happens again please for all our sakes tell us he was of Asian origin probably Indian as he was wearing a turban, he was also Fat, Bald, had 2 eyes of which one was turned inwards, smelled of beer, spoke with a cornish accent, had love & hate tattoed on his Knuckles and mentioned he voted for the liberal party. 😉

snowslave

If he voted liberal Shrek should have decked him. Liberals are not famous for being hard. Well apart from Paddy Ashdown who was an assassin for the SAS, but then he hasn’t got a cornish accent.

shreck
    Free Member

Did i not say he had quite a big nose?

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Maybe you shoudl fo busted some moves like this guy shown here to protect his girlfirend in what would seem to be a slightly different situation:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6rjJ5lBObC8

Yet on the other hand, I think what you had done was probably right in this situation as from what I have read from rudeboy’s posts (especially the long one) rings true.

I also disagree with the comment about if he was scottish, then he wouldn’t of mentioned he was scottish.
    As people from different cultures, including welsh have different temprements, – is that racist?

Anyway, stop questioning your manhood, – if you were in a different situation i.e. someone was getting mugged, – you would probably have stepped in, I would of thought/hoped as any decent person would.

Thing is with another comment on here saying that they will get their come-upence one day and that someone else will deck them.
    If everyone had that attitude/way of thinking then the little bastewards would get away with it time and time again no?

miketually
    Free Member

Did i not say he had quite a big nose?

He was Jewish?

pcb
    Free Member

Yeah you did the right thing.

The bloke is a **** and will get a kicking from some crazy bloke he trys it on with im sure.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Statistically Asians have the smallest penis’of all races.

I would have smugly reminded him of this fact.

MM

brack
    Free Member

You were barjeed in the shoulder by a young man and it must have hurt,but as difficult as it must have been to walk on…its the best thing to do.

I believe in good korma!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Did i do the right thing?’ is closed to new replies.