Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 340 total)
  • Danny Hart ..where next
  • moonsaballoon

Danny Hart leaving Saracen at the end of the season . He’s pretty much a shore thing for a team looking for podiums but I’d imagine he’d be one of the higher payed riders . Back at giant maybe .

weeksy

Bit of a weird one that i have to say…. More because it sounds like their choice, not his…

I think anything will be better for him !

moonsaballoon

I suppose for 1 Danny Hart you can get a top young female racer , a junior and a new assistant manager .

I listened to a few podcast interviews with Danny over lockdown and he seemed pretty happy with the whole setup .

honourablegeorge

Saracen seemed an odd choice for a top rider, tbh. Not really a big brand even in the UK, never mind outside it.

Paul-B

I guess that Saracen haven’t got a massive budget and they’ve also got Matt Walker who can mix it with the top boys. Maybe they just can’t afford him?*

*Based on complete made up conjecture!

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s not unusual for riders to move on after three years, whether it’s their choice or changing budgets or priorities for teams.

Where will he go?

YT are the obvious candidate IMO, big brand with a big interest in DH and they’ve got a great rider in David Trummer – but he’s still establishing himself.

muggomagic

YT? I heard they were after a certain British rider to join them next year but they (the rider) decided to stick with their current team so maybe there’s an opening for Danny there.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I dunno if there’s a load of juicy opportunities, even for someone of Hart’s pedigree, in covidworld. Massive uncertainty for the 2021 season. Although you’re getting a top 5 pretty consistent rider who is exciting to watch

Did he leave Giant in similar circumstances i.e pushed most probably cos of budget constraints? I got the impression Giant were withdrawing their DH interests a bit, as Gutierrez became their number one so it seemed they were downsizing

Last sexy bike he rode IMHO was the chrome Lapierre DH720 remember that? Actually no the Summun is a nice bike too

SirHC

Intense?
    Atherton Bikes?

The big teams would appear to have strong lineups and couldn’t see him with trek/spesh/santacruz

muggomagic

Can’t see him at Intense unless Gwin is moving on.

Maybe Peaty will pull some strings and take him in at the Syndicate.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Syndicate is arguably the strongest 3 rider line up. But is possible if he replaces Minnaar as the teams veteran. But I don’t think that’s going to happen just yet. Although I don’t know what I’m talking about

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve got to assume that’s a cost saving measure, Veronika Widmann isn’t going to be on nearly the same sort of money as a double World Champ.

I’m sure he’ll have options, but I do wonder these days if Results are enough, he’s got the speed but he’s not exactly box office gold.

Maybe Atherton Bikes will try to get him, Gee is a bit of a spent force and Rachel doesn’t half look like someone toying with retirement.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Syndicate

I’d be amazed frankly, but I’m usually wrong about this sort of thing.

I don’t see Danny being part of the ‘Syndicate Family’ and all that, I get the impression he likes his own company.

stwhannah

Two New Riders for Madison Saracen – but where’s Danny Hart going?

‘Danny Hart wins races. Danny Hart sells bikes. He’s the people’s champion and he’s a big part of why Saracen has taken over from Orange as the most popular bike on the UK race scene. He’d be a great fit on the Santa Cruz Syndicate. They have a history of having multiple riders who can win races and I think it might be contract time there as wellImagine how many Megatowers he’d sell…’ – George Thompson

AlexSimon

That’s going to be really tough. It was hard to see where Saracen got their money back in sales, which is I guess why it became more Madison-focussed.

I can’t really guess, but I don’t see Canyon/Santa Cruz/Commencal/Trek/Spesh/Mondraker/Pivot changing things unless someone is wanting out.

So maybe:
    Cube
    Giant (unless bridges were burnt)
    Hope (can’t see them having the money)
    Norco – if they want to step things up in the UK especially – maybe ride the wave of good reviews
    SRAM TLD (he currently rides for Fox, so maybe not)

Lots of other companies specifically stated that they wanted to nurture young talent rather than spend big on established names, so it’s not going to be easy for him.

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t see Danny being part of the ‘Syndicate Family’ and all that, I get the impression he likes his own company.

+1

Terrible fit for the Syndicate and they don’t tend to chop and change riders anyway.

And can you really see him working for the Athertons? Really?

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’m sure he’ll have options, but I do wonder these days if Results are enough, he’s got the speed but he’s not exactly box office gold.

I don’t know about that, he has a pretty high profile with things like his association with Hamsterley and his 2011 WC win , which cut through to the non MTB world like nothing else, thanks in no small part to the commentary

Just checked his YouTube channel and his Snowshoe helmet cam has 13million views

Super stylish and loose riding style

Only downside is he has a thick NE accent and no pithy one liners.

I guess he could do a bit more Phil Atwill style short edits just jibbing around but he’s too focussed on winning

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

‘Danny Hart wins races. Danny Hart sells bikes. He’s the people’s champion and he’s a big part of why Saracen has taken over from Orange as the most popular bike on the UK race scene. He’d be a great fit on the Santa Cruz Syndicate. They have a history of having multiple riders who can win races and I think it might be contract time there as well. Imagine how many Megatowers he’d sell…

This might be a bit of a “if you haven’t got anything nice to say” statement, but…

Firstly – in which race scene ever is Saracen the most popular bike?

Secondly, when was Orange the most popular? Maybe when Peaty was riding & winning for them there was relatively quite a lot around, but most popular, really??

As others alluded to, of all places, i’d be gobsmacked if he ended up on the Syndicate. Whilst results wise it would work, he’s not exactly Mr Dynamic, in fact i’d struggle to think of anyone less likely to fit, personality wise.

I don’t think Santa Cruz needs any help selling Megatowers.

VanHalen

i think he`ll set up his own thing.

he seems to do things very much his own way. while he won on the saracen i bet he’s eyeing up the new commencals thinking he could go faster on one of them (or similar)

AlexSimon

Thinking a bit more, he might have to set something up himself.
    Persuade Monster to go in a bit bigger, involve Hamsterley, Kawasaki, Maxxis, Fox, etc

Dunno – I wonder if he knows of a new prospect from Hamsterley that could be a good signing. God knows what frame manufacturer would get involved.

Trimix
    Free Member

Not much room for him anywhere sadly. We love him because hes British and has balls as big as spacehoppers (wet DH win some time ago, where Rob Warner went overdrive).

But he wont work globally, isnt young and is expensive.

Brands need worldwide social media and see the future in young riders appealing to an target who will buy the product.

chakaping
    Free Member

Second-tier brands like Cube and Norco are good suggestions.

Perhaps Scott as well. They have a strong team as it is (and Brendan won’t be cheap), but while Dean Lucas is one of my favourite riders – he’s an outside bet for a win.

muggomagic

Having just watched the video of Sam Hill riding the new Nukeproof Dissent I wonder if there could be something with team CRC/Nukeproof

matt_outandabout

Brands need worldwide social media and see the future in young riders appealing to an target who will buy the product

Uncomfortable but true I think.

Danny is an amazing rider, seems to be totally focused about standing on the podium and does so regularly.

His YouTube content is amazing, if you like 8 mins of flat out head cam. Unfortunately I think the image and quiet calm, northern England lad just doesn’t sell as many bikes as others do, particularly outside the UK.

tomhoward

as the teams veteran.

He isn’t even 30 yet!!

stugus
    Free Member

I think he’ll do his own thing.

ayjaydoubleyou

Having just watched the video of Sam Hill riding the new Nukeproof Dissent I wonder if there could be something with team CRC/Nukeproof

my choice too.

British (CRC) but with international associations, cant think off the top of my heaad who (if anyone) is riding DH for them atm, but they have a new bike out?

Nukeproof seem to be doing well (good bikes, selling as fast as they can make them). Built around Sam Hill in Enduro and Danny in DH could actually challenge commencal for domination of the gravity events.

His YouTube content is amazing, if you like 8 mins of flat out head cam. Unfortunately I think the image and quiet calm, northern England lad just doesn’t sell as many bikes as others do, particularly outside the UK.

I love this, but maybe not the target market. Every jibbing scralping edit just makes me think about wasted talent that could be between the tapes. Bryceland and Fairclough long term offenders, but many are doing it now.

moonsaballoon

Whilst he is definitely still capable of winning races I wonder if teams would rather invest in a couple of young racers who are on their way up than pay someone like Hart big money and have all their eggs in one basket on someone battling to get back to the top , kind of like the Trek team . I’m sure he won’t have trouble finding a team or enough sponsors to do his own thing but I don’t see him ending up at one of the more high profile teams .

chakaping
    Free Member

I had dismissed Nukeproof as being too invested in Sam Hill – financially and logisticially – but it’s a good point that CRC have pretty deep pockets and could even put Danny on a frame deal and let him pull together his other sponsors and organise his travel etc. himself.

And he’s a great fit for the brand image.

nickc

Unfortunately I think the image and quiet calm, northern England lad

This is going to come across quite hard, and I appreciate it’s a taste thing, but he comes to me as sullen and withdrawn. He’s an amazing rider fo’shure, but his public image is one of not being able to talk to the press (in this he’s not the only DH rider, I’m amazed still that they don’t seem to engage in any media training at all*)

Totally wrong for the Syndicate,I think he’ll go it alone…

*I get that we don’t want cookie-cutter athletes, but Danny just seems so reserved as to be damn near mono-syllabic in most interviews.

moonsaballoon

His dad has replied on Madisons Instagram post , along the lines of “the truth will out and he’s better off away from the toxic environment “  …blimey

chakaping
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGRyptUHdLk/

pauljameshart

@lorieng7
    thank you. The truth will come out. Seriously he is better off out of such a toxic environment.

For posterity.

mrhoppy

Guessing he has a new sponsor lined up then otherwise that’s a spectacularly unhelpful post from his dad.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I think he come across great, not a bull shit trying to be loud type.

But as others have said is this what sells? I don’t know, I have no idea about what work from that pov.

tomhoward

Hasn’t his dad always been one of the more ‘challenging’ parts of having Danny on a team? Seems to crop up as an issue pretty regularly.

sharkattack

That’s embarrassing. His Dad has always been an absolute loaded weapon, I think that’s common knowledge. I’m from that part of the world and I’ve witnessed him in action a few times.

Danny started to come out of his shell a bit when he stopped hanging around with his old man so much. He’s obviously not a natural in front of the cameras but people used to say the same about Sam Hill.

He’s one of the most exciting racers we’ve ever seen and I wish him the best.

mrhoppy

I think there is an issue that if you know you’re getting a full seasons racing then Danny is a good bet for a hefty contract. He’s a racer and his footage from comps and results stands up to comparison with pretty much anyone, but he’s quiet and just gets on with things. Without races there are other people out there that cross over more (short edits of jumps, jibs, trail riding) and can generate other content and that is likely to be more beneficial next year where it’s highly likely you won’t see a full race season.

My 1st thought was something like a Nukeproof link up with the new Dissector being released and they seem to be quite focussed on racing results.

sharkattack

This is worth a watch. Wait for the replay of him hitting the last berm. How many people could have hung onto that?

clubby

Hugely talented rider just not a good salesman, which as a racer is actually what you’re being paid to do.
    Hastily deleted riding videos of him and the missus on a campervan trip in the middle of lockdown restrictions can’t really have him any favours either.

moonsaballoon

I think Danny has a bigger social media profile than a fair chunk of world cup racers . Certainly more than Matt walker who they’ve kept . On a race results perspective you could argue that Matt walker is a better investment for the next few years than Danny .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 340 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart ..where next’ is closed to new replies.