Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 270 total)
  • Danny Hart ..where next
  • Premier Icon AlexSimon

No doubt the Mum and Dad ranting

It’s not mum and dad – it’s dad and Danny’s wife
    Not that she’s said much – just liked a few posts sticking up for Danny

Premier Icon P-Jay

Does feel like they were trying to ‘get out in front’ of Danny announcing he was off somewhere else. No doubt the Mum and Dad ranting would have been forthcoming even if they’d kept schtum until the end of the season.

Isn’t the usual MO with this sort of thing the team make an announcement near the end of the calendar year, I guess with the Bike year starting in Sept they’ll want their investment in the rider to pay off when the new models arrive. Anyway, they put a nice pic of them in their team kit on all the SM platforms, sometimes even a nice Shreadit, thanking them for all they’ve done for the team etc. Even a top 20, $50k on the Fantasy League level rider could expect that at least.

Then we all play the Team Rumours game for a bit, the rider ‘accidentally’ leaves a few clues in an Insta pic or something to get the mill going, they get spotted riding in a popular riding spot like BPW at the weekend (something I believe they almost never do) creating a bit of hype and they announce their new team in the first few weeks of Jan.

Whatever the issue between Madison and Hart, if there is one at all, saying a Double World Champion is leaving in the footnote of an announcement that you’re signing a new rider is unusual in this Sport, and probably a bit disrespectful to Danny, even if his family’s explosive reaction makes you think there’s more to it.

Premier Icon snotrag

Will Longden looking and sounding a bit defensive about it all, followed by a very telling long silence from Danny but

“the future looks bright” (direct quote!).

Danny Hart UCI racing team, anyone?

Whatever happened or didnt happened, it only serves to make everyone look bad.

Let the riding do the talking (which does seem to be the way Danny has always operated to be fair)

Premier Icon chakaping

“the future looks bright”

He IS going to Orange then!

(youngsters may not get this)

Premier Icon uniqueusername

I’m I reading to much into that ‘future is bright’ comment

Edit: beaten to it

Also I’ve not been keeping up with my Wyn TV watching, but that is the most relaxed and chatty I’ve seen Danny with Wyn.

Premier Icon chakaping

In seriousness, he seems very upbeat there, like a man with a weight off his shoulders.

Or am I reading too much into things?

Premier Icon P-Jay

See… if I was Will Longden and I was going to be interviewed about a ‘touchy’ subject and didn’t appear to want to look defensive about it, in favour of it’s just ‘business as usual, riders come, riders go etc’. I’d be sure not to spend the interview with my arms crossed and using such clipped sentences ha ha.

But that’s just me.

Premier Icon moonsaballoon

Haha I’m not sure Danny himself is old enough for the futures bright to be a hint 😆

Premier Icon P-Jay

He IS going to Orange then!

He’s probably old enough to remember it himself.

Maybe it’ll suit him, if he’s travelling to races himself, using his own people etc, but AFAIK Orange haven’t had a WC DH team since Peaty left 15 years ago.

Premier Icon SirHC

@chakaping I’d tend to agree, Longden cam across very odd and defensive. The long silence was a big **** you to Saracen, which was ace.

Dad and Wife should wind their necks in, they are fishing for a reaction and stirring the pot which isn’t a bright idea. Yes they may be aggrieved, but should be keeping it quiet, be professional about it.

Anyone remember what the deal was with Dave Garland, Danny’s old mechanic? Did he ever work at Saracen? He’s using his mate Scott, who in his own right is a damn good rider and so far a very good mechanic.

Premier Icon SirHC

Sunn??? No duh bike listed on their site though

Premier Icon tomhoward

Dad on the insta story saying ‘the team management are out of their depth with a rider of Danny’s caliber and would be better racing the British Domestic Series’

Everyone else (somewhat ironically) criticising the teams professionalism and lack of respect for Danny (and assumedly, those around him), as if they are reading from the same script.

Clearly the player and/or his management think they are bigger than the team. If that’s the case, they are right to get rid.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Sunn??? No duh bike listed on their site though

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

A combination of Will’s mannerism, the fact he said it ‘blew up’, but didn’t calm it down at all spoke volumes.

Then Danny’s long silence with nod said a lot.

The futures bright quote may just be him playing, but might he become an Orange Endura Hazzard Hart racing team…?

@pjay orange were the headline sponsor of the dirt team for a couple of years before they switched to propain.

Premier Icon mrhoppy

4 days ago Orange did a FB post about how Tracey Hannah was the only DH world Champ they’d had. The post finished saying one day they might have another go but no immediate plans.

The future might be bright but I’m not sure it’s orange.

Premier Icon dirtyboy

I cannot hear Danny Hart without thinking of Vic and Bob doing Donald and Davey Stott, Doing the Dock of the Bay pastiche.

Premier Icon mashr

Haven’t been able to find a good photo (and can’t be bothered going through footage) but I’ve been told Danny was using a floating brake at the weekend. That wouldn’t bode very well for a trip to Orange if he’s just convinced Saracen to fit one

Premier Icon fingerbang
    Free Member

orange were the headline sponsor of the dirt team for a couple of years before they switched to propain.

Sorry to nitpick but not a factory team, as far as I understand

Same with Mojo orange – Dan stanbridge and our very own Ben cathro and was it Fergus lamb? A quick roots n rain will clear it up but CBA

Premier Icon chakaping

Of course he’s not going to Orange.

Though it’s still more likely than Atherton bikes, which loads of people were suggesting.

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

I tend to find that the sort of people who flare up about how hard done by they are on twitter, without giving any details at all and at the same time looking like they’re trying to start a fight, are usually people who feel hard done by when actually they behave like idiots and so bad things happen to them. And I suspect Danny’s dad is one of them, and it’s probably why Danny isn’t on the team anymore

Will Longden has been running DH teams since I was at school and I don’t remember hearing anything about his management before, while I’ve heard an awful lot about Danny’s dad and bits and pieces about Danny himself.

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

Haven’t been able to find a good photo (and can’t be bothered going through footage) but I’ve been told Danny was using a floating brake at the weekend

The comments about the floating brake arm refer to a rough bit of alloy cobbled together ages ago. It was one on the first changes he made to the bike but also can’t be arsed to look it up.

I can’t see him riding whatever donkey Orange are calling a DH bike these days. He’s already signed a contract but we won’t find out until 2021 barring anymore untimely outbursts.

Current best guess is solo venture on Mondraker frames I reckon.

Premier Icon mashr

The comments about the floating brake arm refer to a rough bit of alloy cobbled together ages ago

The comment came from a mate watching one of the Vital RAW videos over the weekend.

Premier Icon AlexSimon

Maybe I’m misremembering, but hasn’t he done better on Saracen than he did on Mondraker?

Premier Icon tails
    Free Member

What’s the deal with his dad? Just defending his son or genuinely a nasty chap to other bikers? I don’t see anything wrong with the sign outside his house, I’d be happy if my son was that good at something. He’ll find a sponsor easily, one of the worlds best bike riders without a sponsor, behave. Would like to see him with Pagey and Hill on nukeproof.

Premier Icon tomhoward

Maybe I’m misremembering, but hasn’t he done better on Saracen than he did on Mondraker?

He was world champ with Mondraker, not with Saracen…

Premier Icon BoardinBob

What’s the deal with his dad

Well known bellend on the DH scene. Charlie big potatoes, do you know who I am type. Rude, arrogant etc.

Premier Icon tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Looks like a lovely fella on his Facebook profile too.

Premier Icon chakaping

Mondraker was his career highlight, that incredible run of wins in 2016.

Premier Icon tails
    Free Member

Go back to Mondraker then him and Greenland would make a great double act. Laurie and Harty.

Premier Icon Northwind

tails
    Free Member

What’s the deal with his dad? Just defending his son or genuinely a nasty chap to other bikers?

You know how absolutely everyone likes Danny? For reasons of balance, absolutely everyone thinks his dad’s a ****. Funny what Boardinbob said, he’s literally one of the two people that have ever said “Do you know who I am” to me in my life. And the other one was Andrew Morton so, there’s your benchmark.

Premier Icon simondbarnes

And the other one was Andrew Morton so, there’s your benchmark.

Oh, I was hoping it was going to be Ronnie Pickering.

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

The comment came from a mate watching one of the Vital RAW videos over the weekend.

Yeah but it didn’t just pop up at the Worlds he’s been using it for ages. I went and found a picture from the start of last year…

He left Mondraker with a 3 in a row winning streak in 2016 and won his second World Championship. He’s been mostly blocked out by Frenchies since then apart from the last round in 2019.

Premier Icon BoardinBob

Looks like a lovely fella on his Facebook profile too

Just had a look.
    His posts follow a few main themes:
    Racism. Covid is a conspiracy. Sexism.

An absolute cretin of a man

Premier Icon ads678

Oh, I was hoping it was going to be Ronnie Pickering

Who?

Premier Icon martinhutch

he’s literally one of the two people that have ever said “Do you know who I am” to me in my life.

I’ve always wanted someone to pull that one so I could start loudly asking bystanders whether they knew who this bloke was, as he seemed to have forgotten.

Premier Icon chrisyork
    Free Member

I think it was a big shock to him, it shows when you watch Wyn TV and that interview…
    Wherever he goes he’s bound to kill it anyway, I agree with those saying he could see how he gets on on the Commencal bike, can’t see him moving to Atherton as reckon they’ll still want to keep it a family affair for a bit longer.

Who knows!!

Premier Icon andyrm
    Free Member

His old man is a prize bellend, tried the “do you know who I am” trick with me to try blag merch at Fort Bill. Didn’t like it when I said “yeah you’re Danny Harts dad do you’ll know he can wear this due to his sponsor obligations” 😂😂😂😂

In all seriousness, yes Danny is a great racer with the results to back it up. Is he the epitome of what a modern sponsored rider needs to be? I’m not quite sure. Add in the constant spectre of his dad creating embarrassment and I wonder if he’s as “valuable” as some might think. Essentially his only value is results, not charisma, media friendliness or other attributes, so as soon as results slow down, he’s less valuable as a commodity.

Premier Icon Northwind

andyrm
    Free Member

His old man is a prize bellend, tried the “do you know who I am” trick with me to try blag merch at Fort Bill. Didn’t like it when I said “yeah you’re Danny Harts dad do you’ll know he can wear this due to his sponsor obligations” 😂😂😂😂

This is ace. Sort of similar for me, I was marshalling and he wouldn’t get behind the tape, stage was live. “Do you know who I am” “Yes, you’re Danny’s dad and you should bloody know better”.

Thought of better responses later obviously but that wasn’t too bad.Well, OK, mainly, I just wanted to say the same thing but end it “Now, **** off” like Brick Top.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 270 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.