Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 340 total)
  • Danny Hart ..where next
  • airvent
    Free Member

Wow, some real personal attacks here, surely this is not the place for that?

Criticism may be fair but some of what’s been said above is just plain offensive.

ayjaydoubleyou

Doubtful. The bikes are likely already paid for, the shop will then sell them for trade at the end of the year.

Fair enough, I was unaware of how the bike park rentals work.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Which in a sea full of boat anchors is hardly going to be difficult is it , there hasn’t been a light orange since the early 90s

Didn’t the 22x series bikes have the title of lightest production DH frames (~7lb w/o shock) right up until the end of the Peaty era when everyone else went hydroformed and/or carbon?

joefm

my 222 was sub 40lbs which was pretty light back then. Wasn’t even a conscious effort to get it that light.
    On the subject of floating brake arms, the bike was faster without in my experience

jamesfts
    Free Member

On the subject of floating brake arms, the bike was faster without in my experience.

True. Never mind the fact that on a bike that already sounds like a handful of bolts being shaken in a biscuit tin that arm made a hell of a racket. I ended up faffing about with making teflon washers just so it didn’t rattle so much.

sharkattack

My large 224 evo in 2010 weighed 40lbs on the nose which was pretty light when you look at all the other multi pivoted monstrosities people were riding back then. That was straight out of the shop in standard spec.

The only problem was the fork was crap, the shock was crap, it had skinny little Mavic rims which collected dents for fun and when you were on the brakes the rear wheel turned into a jack hammer.

Still did a season in Whistler with it so looking back I had more fun on that bike than any other before or since.

whyterider93
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that Danny’s bike park has closed and has had its Facebook page taken down.

This is after operating contrary to the Covid rules and subsequently being advised to close by the Forestry Commission and British Cycling.

Paul Hart then went on a bit of a Facebook rampage, both on his own profile and writing on behalf of the Bike Park’s profile, complaining about BC and the FC, complaining that Covid was a hoax, threatening to attack anyone who rode the trails, banning people from the bike park in future who disagreed with him etc etc, with some rather fruity language from the Bike Park’s account.

This has all now been removed.

I wonder if this will have any bearing on Danny’s future contract / team, as he has (or has put his name to) anti Covid views, and running the bike park whilst flouting restrictions. Indeed today on Instagram his story shows him visiting a business which is clearly operating contrary to the English Covid restrictions. It also shows just how much of a loose cannon his father appears to be.

whyterider93
    Free Member

Currently you can still hire a saracen bike there (I guess once lockdown is over) for cash only. Avoiding giving saracen their cut of rental money? Or was it always a cash only site?

To be fair, they have always been cash only. There is no or little phone signal and I’m not sure if they even have running water or mains electricity it is that remote. It has always been like this long before Danny got onboard

martinhutch

Paul Hart then went on a bit of a Facebook rampage, both on his own profile and writing on behalf of the Bike Park’s profile, complaining about BC and the FC, complaining that Covid was a hoax, threatening to attack anyone who rode the trails, banning people from the bike park in future who disagreed with him etc etc, with some rather fruity language from the Bike Park’s account.

What a roaster. Blowing up brands and burning bridges a specialty.

mashr

I wonder if this will have any bearing on Danny’s future contract / team, as he has (or has put his name to) anti Covid views, and running the bike park whilst flouting restrictions.

It absolutely does. Brands hire riders to promote the brand and sell bikes – not many companies won’t to be associated with people like that

sharkattack

Just had a quick look on Paul Hart’s Facebook page. Yep, it’s still all anti-immigration ranting and whinging about lefty snowflakes. He’s in no way unusual. I’m from the northeast and he both looks like and sounds like every man I grew up around and then had to go to work with at every job I had up there.

ayjaydoubleyou

Please tell me someone has screenshots?

daveylad
    Free Member

He sounds like the sort of bloke I would love to have a pint with.

As to where Danny is going, best keep an eye on an mtb website such as vital or pinkbike.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Danny seems to do fine when it’s all about being on a bike and using his undoubted talent.

When he either has to think, or involve his auld dad, well…

ayjaydoubleyou

I think they’ve done a bit of cleaning up. All I can find from Paul and Descend is
    1) some fairly normal pro-brexit and anti immigrant stuff, which while I may disagree with, I’m happy to remain friends with people who share far worse
    2) bike park stuff where he is trying to get some answers about why they have to shut when other trail centres and stuff stays open – where he actually comes across rather well mannered and highly educated compared to some of the comments…

dannyh
    Free Member

Looks like someone took offence at a post I made.

Let’s just say that doing a quick bit of social meedya stalking on Hart Snr and Mrs Hart Jnr is an eye opener.

A bit like a reality TV version of Viz, but without the humour.

whyterider93
    Free Member

I think they’ve done a bit of cleaning up. All I can find from Paul and Descend is
    1) some fairly normal pro-brexit and anti immigrant stuff, which while I may disagree with, I’m happy to remain friends with people who share far worse
    2) bike park stuff where he is trying to get some answers about why they have to shut when other trail centres and stuff stays open – where he actually comes across rather well mannered and highly educated compared to some of the comments…

Please tell me someone has screenshots?

Have a look on the Hamsterley Riders Facebook page and some remnants are still lurking about, plus seeing others’ comments gives a picture:

“The easiest way to become a member is by riding the tracks and waiting for Paul Hart to catch you and beat you.”

As has been said, a lot has been cleaned up in the past week, perhaps something has been said.

Just had a quick look on Paul Hart’s Facebook page. Yep, it’s still all anti-immigration ranting and whinging about lefty snowflakes. He’s in no way unusual. I’m from the northeast and he both looks like and sounds like every man I grew up around and then had to go to work with at every job I had up there.

I agree – a lot of people in the northeast seem to have complete disregard for Covid and if you believe in it or follow rules then you are a raging lefty allied to Corbyn. OF course this does not represent the whole population, and may just be the fact that those views appear to be shared more. Let’snot turn this into a Covid chat though, there are enough of those going about…

Happy to continue to dish the dirt on Paul Hart though!!

fingerbang
    Free Member

I went down a Facebook and cyber stalking rabbit hole with the Hart’s and ended up scrolling through Danny’s wedding photos on his missus’s page. Just to see if there was any MTB faces I could see. And cos I’m a nosy bastard. Only recognised Scotty mears mind

I still feel a bit grubby but AFAIC it’s Zuckerbergs and hanny darts wife’s fault.

dannyh
    Free Member

fairly normal pro-brexit

Errrrr……?

🤔

ayjaydoubleyou

As much as I am personally anti brexit and think the whole idea of putting it to a referendum was idiotic; I can empathise with someone wanting what they voted for.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m really only posting on this thread for a reaction, which is naughty of me.

I’m going to stop.

I am genuinely interested in where Danny goes next year, though.

I love watching him ride, he makes great shapes on the bike and goes for stuff that many other world class riders look at, but don’t do.

steveh

descend FB page had disappeared but is back now. Listing temporarily closed.

We went near the end of October and there was zero covid consideration anywhere, no masks on buses or in cabins etc. It was a bit odd.

benpinnick

We went near the end of October and there was zero covid consideration anywhere, no masks on buses or in cabins etc. It was a bit odd.

Welcome to the north east.

matt_outandabout

I love watching him ride, he makes great shapes on the bike and goes for stuff that many other world class riders look at, but don’t do.

+1

steveh

@benpinnick I mean Vicky comes from there has put up with you for 25 years so they must be a bit odd?

chakaping
    Free Member

He’s going to Cube. Did anyone mention that yet?

mashr

Did anyone mention that yet?

Cube certainly haven’t…..

oldnick

Now if we can get a Rich Energy sponsorship deal for him…

whyterider93
    Free Member

Yes, I understand that they were reported a few times by different people. A rider who had booked on in advance turned up to find few Covid protocols and approached Paul Hart to raise concerns. He was promptly told to “F*** Off its our business we can do what we like”.

Oh and they don’t have planning permission for their hut extension, latest start hut and new jump trail…

benpinnick

@benpinnick I mean Vicky comes from there has put up with you for 25 years so they must be a bit odd?

True Dat.

frogstomp

Loris off the Syndicate confirmed today.. sad to see him go as they all made a great team. But where to..?

weeksy

I can only see it being Commencal. Surely…. but still, a little confused why he’s left i must say.

chakaping
    Free Member

It was suggested he’d be the lead rider on Trek, which seems a very solid and sensible move for both parties.

Commencal already have the best team in the biz, and Loris wouldn’t join the same team as Amaury.

sharkattack

but still, a little confused why he’s left i must say.

BoardinBob

I can only see it being Commencal

I actually had a suspicion Minnaar was heading there. He was down at Max Commencal’s house a few weeks ago

weeksy

It was suggested he’d be the lead rider on Trek, which seems a very solid and sensible move for both parties.

DH confuses me though as i guess does some parts of life. Clearly the SC is a bloody fine machine, the Trek, i’d argue potentially less impressive, even if only fractions of a second here or there, i still think the SC and Commencal are the pick of the bunch.

The highest 2020 overall on Trek was Kade Edwards in 38th, sure the new World Champ may have topped that, but injury dictated he didn’t…. but Trek, really…. Come on… Why go somewhere you’re less likely to win on, even if for more money. MTB is a finite timescale due to injury, fitness and age etc, so to be on the best performing bike surely must be a priority.

dannyh
    Free Member

Why go somewhere you’re less likely to win on, even if for more money. MTB is a finite timescale due to injury, fitness and age etc

You could argue that is a reason to take money over results. It is the same equation all professionals in sports with a higher chance of career ending injury do each time a negotiation comes up.

It is why so many pro rugby players end up in France or Japan. Risk vs reward.

I don’t ‘like’ it, but I’d be the same – if I was good at mountain biking or rugby.

Luckily it isn’t an issue for me!

chakaping
    Free Member

but Trek, really…. Come on… Why go somewhere you’re less likely to win on

I’m not gonna suggest you’re being naive, but maybe look back over the past decade and reconsider that.

Trek have had the two most-dominant downhillers of this era – Gwin and Rachel – at their peaks.

It’s not surprising they want to get back up there again and might recruit the best prospect of beating Loic or Amaury in the overall.

SC obviously make a fast bike, but I doubt everything is as happy-go-lucky there as their hype would have us believe.

weeksy

I’m not gonna suggest you’re being naive, but maybe look back over the past decade and reconsider that.

You can’t look at the last decade though, you have to look at the here and now, sure i get Trek want to build the best bike, but they’re currently not, so why would that change overnight ? Just because he signs for them… Mmmmm.

nickc

so to be on the best performing bike surely must be a priority.

right, and the “best performing bike” in the 2020 season is clearly going to be the one under the rider who won the championship, so Danny should be riding…oh…never mind

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 340 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart ..where next’ is closed to new replies.