Home Forums Chat Forum Crank Brothers Stamp 1 or DMR v12 pedals?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crank Brothers Stamp 1 or DMR v12 pedals?
  • nuck19
    Free Member

Which of these is better? The large Stamp 1 arrived but they seem huge. I am size 9.5 feet.

peaslaker
    Free Member

V12s aren’t a huge platform and are a bit taller. Managed to run one into a tree stump at 33 kmh and it stayed straight but bent an XT crank.

submarined
    Free Member

V12s have (and always have had) rubbish internal longevity IMHO. 4 pairs since the original mk1, and they’ve all very quickly developed the death rattle.

Compared to more modern pedals they are pretty tall. Superstar Nanos are lower profile, durable, and cheap, and cheaper to service. My last pair lasted 3.5 years with just one simple bearing/bush change.

I’ve just got hold of some Deity Deftraps which feel blummin’ great underfoot, but I can’t recommend them yet simply because 1 25 mile ride doesn’t give me much of a view on their durability!
    Cheap at £40, and loads of colours too.

nuck19
    Free Member

What’s are the advantages of tall vs not tall pedals? So many options!

ta11pau1

Had my v12’s since April 2018 and one has now got the rattle.

Gonna splash out on some burgtec penthouse mk5 pedals for the new build, might end up getting a second pair.

LAT

ground clearance and having a slightly lower centre of gravity.

i have some stamp pedals. 2 i think. i don’t live in a muddy place and the have held up well. i have the large platform. i bought them because they were the largest i could find at the time.

Kona wah wah (wha wha?) are also big and thin and available in a composite version that costs less than the alloy version.

escrs
    Free Member

V12’s for me, Ive been running the og ones with Ti axles on the bmx for 15+ years with no issues

Also been running the latest slimmer mk2 version on 3 bikes again with no issues, Ive smacked them into tree stumps (bent the crank) hit numerous rocks, bent the pins (if you cant remove a bent pin then just drill them out and fit new ones)

They just go on for ever and if they do begin to rattle it just means they need a re grease which takes 5 mins to strip the pedal right down, give it a good clean and the grease everything up before reassembly, even if the bearing is knackered then new bearings and bushes can be had for £6

https://www.onlinebearings.co.uk/DMR-V12-Pedal-Service-Kit.html

ta11pau1

Less pedal strikes, lower cofg, need less seatpost showing.

Thinner better. Flat pedals have been going thinner for a little while.

Davesport

I run several sets of V12’s. I made a grease gun adaptor that screws into the end of the pedal. Quick guff of grease every 6 months & no play or rattling yet despite heavy use during the winter & on the beach. I should start selling these :o)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have the OneUp alloys. Really like them if you are looking at a flat pedal, they are huge but don’t seem a problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers Stamp 1 or DMR v12 pedals?’ is closed to new replies.