Home Forums Chat Forum Conservatory roof replacement – any good systems?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Conservatory roof replacement – any good systems?
  • stevied
    Free Member

We need to replace our conservatory roof as it’s leaking and some of the glass has blown.
    Has anyone had their’s done with a tiled roof and, if so, how did it go? Any recommendations?
    My good lady did fancy an oak replacement but the £40k quote was a bit much..
    Also, might this come under the governments new ‘green home improvements’ scheme?

cddsystems

We got a price last year to replace our roof, we have a hip-back glass roof at the moment. It’s either too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.
    We got a price of our local installer whom installed the conservatory in the first place.
    Ours is 6.5m by 4m. As a ball park they quoted us £13k.
    This was removal/install and plastering the roof with new lights. No skylights.
    This was the roofing system they were proposing.
    Roofing System

kimbers

We have a 8x 3m conservatory

Polycarbonate roof was shagged

We got Tapco fake tiles done for just over 4k, look really good

I fitted 50mm celotex panels myself & then put up plasterboards, in the process of fitting LEDs (I say in the process, it’s been weeks now and I’m making lots of excuses) I was planning to plaster myself too, I think we’ll get a plasterer in !

I wished I’d gone for plastic fitted internal panels instead of plasterboard tho!

Anyway, were super pleased with the tiles & made the room much more useable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Conservatory roof replacement – any good systems?’ is closed to new replies.