Home Forums Chat Forum Claiming compensation from Parcel Force….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Claiming compensation from Parcel Force….
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

….who's done it? Was it easy? Successful?

Sold an item on classifieds, sent Parcel Force 48, all going well…. until the box turned up at the sellers house with a hole in the bottom and some of the contents missing. Not happy all rounds 🙁

Creg
    Free Member

I claimed a while back for damage done in transit.

Theres a form on the website that you need to fill in. Took them around 8 weeks to sort it out. Can help if you include photos of damage and obtain valuations of the damaged item.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Can help if you include photos of damage and obtain valuations of the damaged item

Seen the form – gonna try and get photos. I don't believe you can still get the bits that are missing (but am trying to find out), and it's a second hand item (total value – £50, although the value of the missing bits would be a few quid if you could get them), hence I am inclined to claim for the full £50 as I can't 'make good' with replacement bits….

Creg
    Free Member

The item I claimed for wasn't available on the open market, was part of a package deal.

I contacted a few places and asked for the market equivalent and then claimed for that, which was £50.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Fair enough.

For a £50 claim, how much did Parcel Force investigate? They say that they may want to investigate the packaging (which is at the buyers place), but that seems a lot of hassle for them, me and the buyer (who has been very good about it)….. esp if we can provide photos.

Creg
    Free Member

I dont know what they did regarding investigating the packaging as the buyer didnt tell me and it was with them anyway. I had to send photos of the damage and reciepts of the original purchase price and a small covering letter explaining the situation regarding a market equivalent.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

OK thanks – I think I'll do that and put a covering letter in with the pics explaining the situation.

<Daily Mail> 8 F'ING WEEKS!!!!!! </Daily Mail> 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

I've claimed having lost half the contents of a package from someone on here. I sent in a form and photos. They asked for the original packaging to be sent to prove the contents were properly packed (i.e. not likely to punch out of the box if dropped) so I sent in the packaging, via recorded delivery. They lost that. They apologised and gave me my cash back. All in took about 6-7 weeks.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

so I sent in the packaging, via recorded delivery. They lost that.

Genius! 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I currently have a claim with Parcel Force….well I think I do. I sent the claim form, reciepts and photos of damage off to them several weeks ago via recorded delivery and according to the online tracker on RMs website:

"Item XXXXXXXXX was posted at 21a Oakleigh Dri PE2 7BG on 21/06/10 and is being progressed through our network for delivery."

😐

bristolbiker
    Free Member

This is not filling me with hope that this will be sorted in a reasonable timescale/at all people 🙁

EDIT: Makes mental note to keep copies of everything sent and post the form recorded-delivery…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Genius!

It was the funniest phone conversation I think I've ever had.
    "I sent it recorded delivery, I have the receipt, don't you have the details at your end"
    "errr no sir, we seem to have lost that somewhere"
    "so let me get this straight, you lost part of my original parcel, then asked for the packaging to see why you lost it, and then lost the packaging?"
    "It seems so sir, sorry, I'll progress your claim immediately".

🙂

tomhughes46

My passport went 'missing' and they claimed I signed for it (got empty jiffy bag, didn't notice it was missing until after postie had gone). Gave up trying to get it back/get compensation.

Lost something I tried to return to a shop. Got compensation for item, and my £1.60 postage back. Was doubtful about this as I wrote on the claim form "If I wanted to lose it I would have just done this for free and saved myself £1.60 and 20 mins queuing in the Post Office". Took about 6 weeks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Claiming compensation from Parcel Force….’ is closed to new replies.