Home Forums Bike Forum chromag frames?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • chromag frames?
  • johnduke
    Free Member

has anyone imported a chromag frame recently? If so what was the lead time? anyone know how much you’d pay for a sakura?

walleater

I know Chromag themselves have good stock of the Squamish made frames, but whether they’d sell direct when there is a legit UK importer is another story….

toys19
    Free Member

CRC have some chromag frames at the mo. clicky here

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

The Samurai is a work of art.

JohnnyB
    Free Member

Unfortunately there is no way round the simple fact that all of Chromag’s frames produced in Whistler are expensive.
    In order to keep the prices as close as possible to the Canadian retail prices I will be selling all Chromag frames direct from now on, but Canadian made frames are still way more expensive than Taiwanese made ones.

The Samurai is a fantastic frame but will set you back £950 – the price in Canada is now CAD$1455 but doesn’t include shipping, import duty or UK VAT (there is just 6% sales tax on the Canadian made frames over there).

The new Aperture has been introduced in response to riders wanting a frame like the Samurai but without the price tag!

johnduke
    Free Member

JohnnyB, does the sakura come in at a similar price to the samurai?
    also, do you have the chromag seat posts available?

JohnnyB
    Free Member

John

yes, the Sakura is the same price as the Samurai.
    I wont have the new Chromag Dolomite post until February – Minimalist is sold out unfortunately.

trailertrash

£950 is a lot of money for a steel frame :(

walleater

It’s going to last longer than a Ti frame at the same sort of price though. I’d swap out my Stylus for a Samurai over a 45Sod or whatever any day of week.

atlaz
    Free Member

(there is just 6% sales tax on the Canadian made frames over there).

Surely HST has messed that up now and increased it to 12% in BC?

Rik
    Free Member

The Sakura is a lovely frame though. I know I own one :o)

JohnnyB
    Free Member

Atlaz,

you’re right, the HST has increased taxes to between 12 and 14% in most provinces.

What I forgot to point out is that prices quoted in Canada and US don’t include tax, so the Samurai frame would retail for CAD$1455 plus 12% tax in BC so just over £1000 equivalent UK

Apparently there have been so many complaints in BC that the government is considering reversing the HST tax anyway.

Hanky

I’d like one in the future, in terms of pricing IIRC my DeKerf Team cost £999 in 1996 (albeit with custom painted Judy’s)so £950 for a Canadian built frame 14 years later isn’t too bad.

johnduke
    Free Member

JohnnyB- I had been looking at the minimalist, can’t find any info on the dolomite, do you have a link?

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Any excuse ;)

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

John Duke: What size of post?

Got a new minilmalist going spare…

johnduke
    Free Member

I’m after a 30.0mm

johnduke
    Free Member

ah, just found your ad, if you’re still happy with £30 for it I’ll take it.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Aye, no worries email me ;)

johnduke
    Free Member

mail sent

JohnnyB
    Free Member

John – dolomite post is going on the site this week.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Apart from looking mighty fine, what’s so special about the Samurai? The cost is massive, I can’t afford it, but is there anything that makes it some 3 times better than a Cotic (which I don’t ride either)? Just curious, you know…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘chromag frames?’ is closed to new replies.