• This topic has 2,328 replies, 145 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by natrix.
Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,329 total)
  • Christmas Airfix!
  • spursn17
    Free Member

@CountZero has your mate posted on any modelling forums or had work in a magazine, I seem to remember reading about someone that had made Jerry cans and racks out of silver?

The kit I used was this one from 1995 (said I’d had it a while!)…
    https://www.kingkit.co.uk/product/dragon-military-1-35-6037-jagdpanzer-flammpanzer-38-mid-production

It has the option of being made with a flamethrower or the normal 75mm gun.

imp999
    Free Member

Lysander is a 1/32 scale.
    My preferred scale. You can scratch build a good bit of stuff into them.
    Here is revell’s Sopwith Camel. Rigging done with an elastic thread. Makes it a bit easier & less fragile.
    Camel.

Old 1/28 scale. Full of scratch detailing that cannot be seen.

spursn17
    Free Member

Nice Camel, I especially like the engine cowling, very realistic!

johndrummer
    Free Member

A few WIP photos of my latest project – Italeri 1:24 Scania R620 truck. It’s fighting me all the way but I will beat it…

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

spursn17
    Free Member

P51 cockpit just about done and waiting to be fixed to the fuselage, maybe just a bit of seatbelt weathering to do first though?

The seatbelts were a nightmare to fix together (HGW set) and took around three hours as they were so fiddly, I’m pleased with how they turned out though and would use them again. The biggest problem that I had was not knowing I had to take them off the backing paper and trying to force them through the etched buckles!😂

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Lysander is a 1/32 scale.
    My preferred scale. You can scratch build a good bit of stuff into them.
    Here is revell’s Sopwith Camel. Rigging done with an elastic thread. Makes it a bit easier & less fragile.

Old 1/28 scale. Full of scratch detailing that cannot be seen.

That’s a really nice build; I’m currently doing the Revell Fokker DR1.
    What’s the quality like of that kit? The Fokker is properly ropey, the moulds are from 1957!

Harry_the_Spider

Liking those seat belts. There is no way i would have the patience or the eye sight to do that.

rocketman
    Free Member

P51 cockpit just about done and waiting to be fixed to the fuselage

Amazing. I can do that on small parts but don’t have the patience to apply it to the whole model.

For balance, look at the results you can achieve with 4 pots of paint and 1 brush (the 1/72 P-51 I made with rocket jr over Christmas)
    P-51

Harry_the_Spider

Is that the £5 Aldi?

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup it is

spursn17
    Free Member

@rocketman
    nice job on the Mustang!

It starts with a 5 quid Aldi special offer and then escalates to wanting a 400 quid Lancaster kit! 😂

Northwind

Those seatbelts are the stuff of madness. Excellent madness.

rocketman
    Free Member

It starts with a 5 quid Aldi special offer and then escalates to wanting a 400 quid Lancaster kit!

*groan*

nice job on the Mustang!

Thank you. I thought rocket jr did ok with the red/green/yellow 🙂

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Are we talking the new WNW Lancaster??

Harry_the_Spider

Focke Wulf TA 152H

FWTa152H

Revell kit based on 50 year old moulds. Not too bad considering, but the canopy is really thick.

spursn17
    Free Member

@bruise willies not WNW, this one…

1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk I S-Sugar HK Models

@harrythespider that canopy is pretty thick! For a couple of quid you could’ve got a vacform one, makes a big difference.

Harry_the_Spider

I don’t mind. I like it, as does my son who has already stolen it.

It was more about restoring the mojo and trying some new techniques. I used White-Tac “worms” and a bit of Flory’s Filth for the first time. Also I’ve never done dots with the airbrush before.

Actually, the camera flash has exaggerated it a bit by whiting it out. I’ll get a better picture in daylight.

Harry_the_Spider

Better pictures.

FW

FW

sdgds

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I built a 70inch RC p slope soaring version of that. Great to build as the long nose meant less lead to balance it in light winds, but enough volume in the fus for ballast on windy days.

Harry_the_Spider

Got a picture?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just looking! Fuse looked scale with a slightly larger fin. Wings were stretched for better gliding and a bigger tail. No scale detailing either. When every landing without flaps on the slope is a controlled crash you don’t worry about the details…

Riksbar

Just picked up 2 Revell 1/48 F-105D T-Stick II kits from Home Bargains for £4.99 each. They appear to be the old Monogram moulds but I’ve always had a soft spot for the Thud and it’s a nice kit. Worth a look (also 1kg of winegums for £1.99)

Harry_the_Spider

Wow! Bargain!

Not my scale or I’d be off like a shot to see what was in the local one.

Riksbar

They also had some 1:144 Revell MiG-29 & 31s for £1.99. It reminded me of the LS Buy By Coin range in the 1980s.
    If anyone is at Bolton next Sunday they can have one of mine for a fiver, I probably won’t build 2 but couldn’t resist the bargain!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Here is my Aldi Spitfire and behind it is my Tamiya Matilda awaiting weathering etc. My dad brought me a Matilda thirty years ago and we built it together which is why I bought it again! They are the first models I’ve built since then I guess.

Christmas Airfix Spitfire

Cc

CountZero

@spursn17, no, he doesn’t, as far as I’m aware. He posts comments on the occasional online web comics, but not scale models. I’ll ask him when we go for a beer next weekend.

Riksbar

Anyone at the Bolton show this Sunday?

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll be there with my lad.

Got my shopping list ready and everything!

Harry_the_Spider

Anyone else going?

I have my shopping list

1 x A3 cutting mat
    1 x Paints for Su-35 (blue scheme)
    1 x Tamiya thinners
    1 x Airbrush stand / cleaning pot thingy

I don’t need any more kits… however, if I spot a Tucano, Su-25 or Su-50/57 for a silly price I’m having it.

Riksbar

I’ll be there. Thinking of getting a new compressor and airbrush if there’s any good deals. I’ll wear my Orange (bikes) hoodie. Say hi! Looking for some decals and resin bits too.

ChrisL

@Harry_the_spider I have an Airfix Tucano that I’ll never build and would not want much money for, if that’s interesting to you.

Harry_the_Spider

Riskbar – I’ll be in a JMC / Singletrack / Star Wars T Shirt and a M65 Combat Jacket.

ChrisL – DM me.

Harry_the_Spider

Oh… and P38 Lightning is on the list too.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ll be wearing shorts & a pink baseball cap.
    Nowt else.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Airfix P51-Cadillac of the sky’s.

P51

Harry_the_Spider

^nice.

Very restrained at the model show. Bought 4 paints and no kits… NO KITS*!

*Apart from a TIE FIghter for my lad and a Tucano off ChrisL, who has a Nimrod for sale at a very sensible price if you have the space for it.

Riksbar

I needed a resin zero-scarf nozzle for a Harrier, and ended up with two Harrier kits in a special boxing as it was cheaper. I also need to stop finding old aviation memorabilia in my loft and buying kits to go with it , but I did get a good deal on the Hasegawa Phantom FG.1 kit and I did get to try an airbrush I fancy. Could be expensive.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My Aldi Mustang (above) seems to have been supplied with the wrong decal sheet. I had to paint all the red bits and the yellow stripe on the wings.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

So here’s the Aldi FW190.

On the whole pretty happy with it. The big success was spraying the white crosses on the upper wings. First attempt at exhaust and gun staining – OK ish for a first go, but could be better. Annoyingly the hairial was drum taught until I walked out into the cold damp conservatory to take the pics where it went immediately soggy…

My Aldi Mustang (above) seems to have been supplied with the wrong decal sheet. I had to paint all the red bits and the yellow stripe on the wings.

Same here – the decals are for kit A01004A – instructions and paint callouts are on the airfix site.

Harry_the_Spider

^nice.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,329 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.