Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 856 total)
  • Charlottesville
  • ninfan
    Free Member

I’m going to say it one more time, ninfan…

I’m not left wing!!!

Quack, quack

kimbers

fakenews y’say?

So, stories coming out now that his car had been surrounded by antifa protesters attacking him and he was trying to get away. Unverified but seems like a realistic scenario.

fin25
    Free Member

Quack, quack

Wat?

seosamh77
    Free Member

He’s using the blackadder defence! 😆

dissonance

I’m not left wing!!!

Are you the sort of person who when visiting the local tory club hears the members muttering about you being a tad too keen and right wing?
    If not then I suspect as far as Ninfan is concerned you are a bit of a leftie.
    Much like how an SWP member would consider practically everyone right wing.

ninfan
    Free Member

fakenews y’say?

You quoted it yourself:

Unverified

You know, like rumours regarding Donald’s collaboration with Russia

Wat?

If it walks like a duck…

dissonance

@dissonance invented and inserted the word ‘credible’ of his own accord

and i apologised and stated why I would assume that.
    Now. Are you going to provide links to these stories? Since the only place I have seen it claimed is in that video clip (vice i think) from one of the white supremacist leaders.
    So I am curious if you have it from any source other than someone like that.

johnners
    Free Member

fin25 – Member
    You’re a rubbish troll, ninfan.

He most certainly is not.

kimbers

You know, like rumours regarding Donald’s collaboration with Russia

fin25
    Free Member

If it walks like a duck…

Let’s follow your logic, ninfan.
    You’re calling me a lefty for being anti-Nazi.
    Does that make you a Nazi for defending them?

GrahamS

I’m not left wing!!!

Everyone that disagrees with ninfan is left wing, by default.

I suspect he’d happily call the KKK and nazis “lefties” if they questioned him.

aracer
    Free Member

cite

gordimhor

where is it the Nazis stated primary aim to murder large groups of people

There’s a video posted 3 times or more on this thread in which the leader of one of the Nazi/White supreemacist groups says that the group are not non violent. Why not watch it Zulu eleven

aracer
    Free Member

Nah – I reckon even ninfan would find it tricky adopting a position to the right of the KKK. He’d just switch stances and troll them as a communist.

ninfan
    Free Member

leader of one of the Nazi/White supreemacist groups says that the group are not non violent. Why not watch it Zulu eleven

Violent ? mass murder. Regardless, it’s a logic fail – one group is violent, therefore all right wing groups are inherently violent – we’re back to the muslims example here, aren’t we?

The claim was that mass murder was a primary stated aim, if that’s the case then it should be mighty easy to show where it’s stated, shouldn’t it?

@aracer, cite it yourself, I told you where it is.

Are you going to provide links to these stories?

Look up Taylor Lorenz on Twitter, a journo from The Hill who posted, at the time, that that was what the police had said to her at the station.

Edit:

So, on that basis, do you accept that it was true when I said that, and let’s be clear exactly what I said at the time:

So, stories coming out now that his car had been surrounded by antifa protesters attacking him and he was trying to get away. Unverified but seems like a realistic scenario. I assume that if confirmed the usuals will stop calling it murder or terrorism and instead condemn the protesters who attacked him?

aracer
    Free Member

I was hoping you might go back and check to work out why you’re wrong. But if you insist on me pointing out your complete inability to even keep track of what you’ve posted yourself, then the question I asked on the last page was:
    “what is the retaliation you’re referring to, and what does it have to do with this thread?”
    I gave a link to the post I originally asked it in:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/charlottesville/page/9#post-8654333

Your post 3 after that (I’ll forgive you for not being able to count) is:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/charlottesville/page/9#post-8654339

I’ll even quote it in full for you, and you can see if you can find where your reply to me is:

You appear to have forgotten your own comment

I’m all for the right to demonstrate in support of a cause (with same caveats as above) but it’s utterly inappropriate, even in the US, to do so while tooled up for WW3 – that’s public intimidation, not demonstration

Hoist on your own petard of double standards I’m afraid

A group fighting for the same rights as other citizens in their society or a group wanting to subjugate/oppress a group within their society…. Yeah, fair comparison

Again, free speech for the people you agree with, but not the others – you really don’t get it do you?
    A little light reading from another leftie:
    https://theintercept.com/2017/08/13/the-misguided-attacks-on-aclu-for-defending-neo-nazis-free-speech-rights-in-charlottesville/
    [/quote]

maxtorque

You know what’s sad?

There are lots of really smart, interesting people on this forum, but they don’t get a chance to contribute because these threads just turn into a shouting match thanks to certain people.

(and yes, it’s always the same people, and yes they disagree with anything just to get attention, often the thing they’ve just said themselves. And when asked a direct question, they just “Trump” answer by talking total b****ks)

If i were less of a lefty liberal id’s say ban ’em for life from here…… 😆

fin25
    Free Member

ninfan, I already backed down from the whole mass murder/stated aim thing, I amended my post accordingly.
    The fact that you keep going on about it makes you look a bit silly, or a bit Nazi…

ninfan
    Free Member

@aracer, I was referring to your tumbleweed post, which I answered two posts later. That’s the one I saw when I followed your link. So, yes, I gave been answering your questions – unfortunately you now appear to be hopping up and down demanding that I answer questions that I’ve already answered, repeatedly.

GrahamS

Look up TAylor Lorenz on Twitter, a journo from The Hill who posted that was what the police had said to her at the station.

Done. I’m guessing you meant the tweet that she later deleted because she said a bunch of 4chan trolls were misrepresenting what she said?

That was based on what two police officers that did not witness it or watch the videos had said to her.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its like a TJ thread of old this him insisting he has answered the question repeatedly and yet reluctant to provide the proof to all the doubters

Nothing personal to either TJ or ninfan here just an observation of history repeating itself first as farce and then as tragedy

ninfan
    Free Member

That was based on what two police officers that did not witness it or watch the videos had said to her.

You now appear to be upset because I commented based upon what she said at the time and subsequently deleted (me cautioning that it was unverified) rather than what she said afterwards.

dissonance

Look up Taylor Lorenz on Twitter, a journo from The Hill who posted, at the time, that that was what the police had said to her at the station.

The only one I can find is one she lists as having deleted due to it being taken out of context. She also, by the time you made the post had done several other tweets updating the story as more facts came out.
    As described there it isnt exactly close to how you described it either.
    You also said stories. So got any more links?

aracer
    Free Member

When you followed my link? I’ll give the link again and you can check where it goes: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/charlottesville/page/9#post-8654333 – I also quoted it to avoid any doubt “what is the retaliation you’re referring to, and what does it have to do with this thread?”

You’re not very good at this internet thing are you (I suppose there is an alternative possibility to you being completely and utterly incompetent, but I find that impossible to believe)?

So, yes, I gave been answering your questions – unfortunately you now appear to be hopping up and down demanding that I answer questions that I’ve already answered, repeatedly.

Questions plural? You answered one of my questions when prompted the 3rd or 4th time. I’m now “hopping up and down demanding” you answer the follow up question which you’ve repeatedly avoided answering. You can try again if you like:

what is the retaliation you’re referring to, and what does it have to do with this thread?

GrahamS

You now appear to be upset

Sorry to tell you, you don’t upset me ninfan.

I commented based upon what she said at the time (cautioning that it was unverified) and subsequently deleted rather than what she said afterwards.

Okay so here’s a tweet she made at the time:

Just wanna clarify that 2 officers who I spoke to who said act might not have been intentional were not on the scene. Had not seen video yet

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/896462280904364032

And the one immediately after that says:

I’m at the police station now interviewing officers and other witnesses. Every witness here claims the act was deliberate

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/896447579730452481

I wonder why you only focused on the one tweet of an unverified story?

And you all wonder why the left right gets accused of #fakenews?

gordimhor

Ninfan yes you were telling the truth about the stories at the time .
    You could have linked to the tweet and saved yourself a lot of grief.

The statement from the officers doesn’t shed much light on what actually happened.

ninfan
    Free Member

what is the retaliation you’re referring to,

Right, to be clear, It would seem there was a whole variety of retaliation to the antifa attempts to prevent and counter protest the (licenced) protest meeting in the park by a variety of ‘right-wing’ groups, including KKK, Nazi and Nazi-influenced groups and various others, including more moderate right-wing groups. Such retaliation appears to have involved throwing things, hitting people with sticks and use of CS and pepper spray. It even appears to have involved the sexual assault of a flower:

No doubt such incidents would not have taken place had people not tried to prevent other people from protesting

and what does it have to do with this thread?

Because flowers need protecting from creepy white blokes, obviously

Ninfan yes you were telling the truth about the stories at the time .
    You could have linked to the tweet and saved yourself a lot of grief.

Yes, and I’m sure all the people who incorrectly accused me of lying will apologise.

aracer
    Free Member

😆 – the trouble is if he’d done that, the follow up tweets had already been there for a couple of days at the time he made the original post, hence shooting down his point. Unless by “stories coming out” he meant “stories which have already been debunked by the original author”

Though of course that is always assuming that he was aware of that particular tweet at the time rather than having finally found his “evidence” 3 days later…

No – at the point you made that post 3 days ago it was already untrue.
    Linky to ninfan’s post for the benefit of those capable of clicking on internet links: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/charlottesville/page/4#post-8651688

aracer
    Free Member

😆 I’m sure it will all come out in court 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Anyway, having finally got an answer to that one:

What exactly is it that people are expressing shock and horror about?

(I’ll set an alarm clock for a couple of days time)

GrahamS

It would seem there was a whole variety of retaliation to the antifa attempts to prevent and counter protest the (licenced) protest meeting in the park by a variety of ‘right-wing’ groups

Those attempting to stopping them entering the park were not all “antifa” (whatever that actually is).
    For example in the Slate link DrJ posted earlier the eyewitness describes how his local faith group, led by their reverend, stood with linked arms to try to block the way to the park. A group of 20-45 white supremacists approached with shields and batons and batons and pushed through – only then did some antifa guys show up and ask if they could help hold the line.

Yes, and I’m sure all the people who incorrectly accused me of lying will apologise.

Not inclined to, no.

You said there were “stories coming out now that his car had been surrounded by antifa protesters attacking him and he was trying to get away”

But the only story (singular) you can point to is a single tweet made at the time, which was clarified with further tweets also made at the time, and doesn’t say anything about a car surrounded by antifa protesters attacking the driver.

#fakenews

kilo

To be fair he then immediately went on about non-existent people chasing the car prior to the incident, usual troll grade cobblers

ninfan
    Free Member

doesn’t say anything about a car surrounded by antifa protesters attacking the driver.

To quote:

“His car was being swarmed by protesters and some of them were getting violent (like the guy who punched me/threw me down)”

aracer
    Free Member

Actually:

cite

GrahamS

Oh so you can actually read other tweets then – so how come you missed the ones immediately after that when she said this wasn’t eye witness and the police hadn’t seen the videos yet?

And you made your accusation at a point when we had video footage of the attack which funnily enough doesn’t show a car swarmed by protesters, it shows a car with no one near it, speeding towards a crowd of protesters:

ninfan
    Free Member

immediately after that

I’m wondering if there’s a reason why I didn’t read the tweets that came after I read the tweets that I read?

Edit for your edit:

it shows a car with no one near it, speeding towards a crowd of protesters:

What happened before that? All the videos I’ve seen begin no more than three or four seconds earlier than that… I presume you accept that it’s possible that we don’t actually have access or footage of the entire series of events

GrahamS

Yes I’m also wondering that.

ninfan
    Free Member

Probably because I don’t own a Tardis in order to go forward in time and read the tweets that she made after the tweets that I read

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bwahahahahaha.

De-evolved, I’d say.

😆 😆 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m also wondering that, particularly given that the tweets which you did read, and the tweets which you apparently didn’t read were all made at least 24 hours before your post on here.

Though I suppose it’s an easy mistake to make when you’re relying on a 3rd hand source which has reporting bias which fits in with your own preconceptions https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex-fields-jr/

What happened before that? All the videos I’ve seen begin no more than three or four seconds earlier than that… I presume you accept that it’s possible that we don’t actually have access or footage of the entire series of events

Why don’t you tell us, ninfan – you’re the one making unsubstantiated claims here. Something which plausibly fits in with the available videos would be handy…

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 856 total)

The topic ‘Charlottesville’ is closed to new replies.