Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 856 total)
  • Charlottesville
  • yunki
    Free Member

The car attack in America..

Terrorism?
    Act of war?
    Mentally ill person?
    Bit of argy bargy?
    Something else?

Jamie
    Free Member

Domestic terrorism.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

At first I thought this was a pic of the National Guard that was sent in or something… but no…

bigjim

crazy scenes. Just waiting for my pro-trump friend to post on fb justfying it all

CountZero

It’s the South, Confederate country. Alt.Right politicians are trying to get secession from the North and set up as a different country.
    Of course, all those living there who aren’t white, roughly 50% in many places, will have nothing at all to fear…

anagallis_arvensis

Its all about the statues, there was a public meeting about them in Richmond that all went sour last night.
    Has Trump tweeted yet. Mrs Trump wasnt exactly strident in her condemnation.

Northwind

A fuller version of Trump’s response to this terrorist attack:

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence, on many sides. On many sides.”

I mean, really? (and yes, you expect shit like this from Trump but a surprising amount of the reporting is ignoring the “on many sides” which is just, well, wrong.

(It’s been rightly said that it’s early days in the investigation. But the video shows beyond doubt it was deliberate and there doesn’t seem any reasonable doubt over motivation)

somafunk

Trump can’t afford to incur the wrath of his right wing supporters so he’s playing his usual game and blaming both sides

5thElefant
    Free Member

With a bit of luck the alt right and antifa will wipe each other out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trump

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence, on many sides. On many sides.”

Sounds like Corbyn on Venezuela.

What I condemn is the violence that’s been done by any side, by all sides, in all this.

I have friends in Charlottesville. Thankfully, they’re safe.

While I’d rather no one else suffered, or worse, died, this is about right.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sounds like Corbyn.

*slow hand clap*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, Jamie, it’s true. It’s the standard, pathetic response of someone not willing to blame the party that is in the wrong. Of someone trying not to admit where the fault lies.

For Trump, the fault is the right wing loons on the march in Charlottesville. For Corbyn, it’s the murderous government in Venezuela. Neither is willing to admit it, so we get the mealy mouthed “on both sides” statements.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow. These are your concerns flashy? Touching. Very touching.

bencooper
    Free Member

Nazis. They’re called Nazis.

binners

Alt right? That’ll be good old fashioned nazi’s then?

Let’s call ’em what they are eh? A problem if they represent your core support, I suppose

jambalaya
    Free Member

Madness. How the police allow the counter demonstration I do not know. It all just predictably blows up from there.

As for the car ramming hard to call it terrorism as its an escalation of the fighting. Had the “unite the right” guy just rammed a pedestrian or a gathering without the earlier fighting then yes arguably terrorism

alpin
    Free Member

bigjim – Member
    crazy scenes. Just waiting for my pro-trump friend to post on fb justfying it all

Come on, own up….
    Which friend is that? Jamba, ninfan or chekw?

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

Madness. How the police allow the counter demonstration I do not know. It all just predictably blows up from there.

As for the car ramming hard to call it terrorism as its an escalation of the fighting. Had the “unite the right” guy just rammed a pedestrian or a gathering without the earlier fighting then yes arguably terrorism

You strange, sad little man.

bencooper
    Free Member

Actual Nazis are actually killing people. That’s a pretty massive red flag.

anagallis_arvensis

This place amazes me sometimes…so is this mess Corbyns fault too. How has Trumps refusal to call out violent racist thugs got anything to do with Corbyn.

Thats right people taking to the streets to condem racist thugs deserve to be wiped out. What a massive arse you are.

As for the car ramming hard to call it terrorism as its an escalation of the fighting

I’m sure ISIS share that view

binners

How the police allow a counter demonstration I do not know

Yeah…. best to let the white supremacists just get on with their tacitly government endorsed threatening racism unhindered eh?

[video]https://youtu.be/L7QF32mxftE[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jambalaya – Member

You’re warped fella. take a break.

Guessing you reckon the mosque bomb was just a bit of a giggle too? No doubt they shouldn’t have built the mosque where people were intending to put a bomb..

DrJ

as for the car ramming hard to call it terrorism

I’ll just leave this here…

Terrorist Attack 200 meters from our home in Paris

duckman

That’s the same line Jamba uses to justify the use of lethal force on stone throwing Palestinian youths.

gerti
    Free Member

CFH has a point.

When will our ‘leaders’ start calling out wrong for being wrong, no matter what side it’s from and without concern for their own poitical aspirations?

funkmasterp

Just caught up on this situation. What a sad, sorry state of affairs. That this sort of thing still goes on is extremely sad. I’ve never really grasped racism, we’re all just people trying to get on and live our lives. Very naive of me I know.

cranberry
    Free Member

At first I thought this was a pic of the National Guard that was sent in or something… but no…

It is beyond madness that a group of people can go on a march and feel that they need to be wearing bullet proof vests, military clothing and carrying assault rifles, never mind being allowed to do so.

metalheart
    Free Member

How the police allow the counter demonstration I do not know.

Awaits response on the NoI ‘Destroy Israel’ march with interest… Mind you Jamby does have a problem with the concept of democracy. It’s a one time only “Will of the People” Volkish kind of thing with him…

CFH has a point

Last time I checked Corbyn wasn’t the ‘leader of the free world’ voted in on a campaign based on hatred and lies. When the Red Brigrades are marching in the shires I’ll maybe revise my opinion…

gerti
    Free Member

@metalheart

I was generalising about ALL political leaders, as you well know. But your over zealous Corbyn defence makes my point quite well, thanks.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You strange sad little man

You’re warped fella

Classy stuff.

]CFH has a point

True but not a popular one it seems. Probably something to do with balance.

Lifer
    Free Member

Thank goodness he has you.

DrJ

True but not a popular one it seems. Probably something to do with balance.

Maybe. Maybe something to do with choosing to criticise Corbyn rather than, or as well as, those who sell weapons to the Maduro regime, or those who condemn “both sides” in the Yemeni civil war while selling weapons to one side etcetera etcetera ad nauseam

mickmcd
    Free Member

t some people are going to be jobless Monday morning

There’s a name and shame site

https://mobile.twitter.com/YesYoureRacist/status/896423173914230784?s=04

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“neither is…”

Was the giveaway, easy to miss, I guess.

No need to worry lifer, they are both big boys and generally polite too. .

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I worked in this part of the world in the 90s in manufacturing and energy with many “locals” there were many who were deeply and openly racist, you cant judge these altright people by our standards, they are not well educated, travelled or tolerant. In many cases the only experience that they have of foreigners is shooting them in Iraq or Afghanistan. I worked with a guy from Texas who was well travelled described the South as a third world country with electricity.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I think that Charlottesville itself is fairly liberal and has been invaded by rednecks because they wanted to take down a statue of General Lee.

m0rk
    Free Member

Yup, normally very liberal when I used to work there off & on about 10yrs ago

Repeatedly voted as one of the ‘Top’ places to live in the USA (suspect they might review the 2017 listing)

metalheart
    Free Member

I was generalising about ALL political leaders, as you well know. But your over zealous Corbyn defence makes my point quite well, thanks.

Well, I wasn’t defending Corbyn. But carry on.

I’d rather we start with the ones that have actualy been elected to lead their respective countries first though (rather than a minor one that, in all probability, never will).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s amazing the loyalty a subscription will buy. Some folk are very easily bought.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 856 total)

The topic ‘Charlottesville’ is closed to new replies.