Home Forums Bike Forum Charging chaos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Charging chaos
  • spooky_b329

Any recommendations for sorting out the mass of cables for charging gadgets?  Now the nights are closing in it will only get worse with the lights being added to the mix!

20241005_182118

PS This is after I just tidied away all the random extra cables that normally live here.

I’d like to relocate all of this from a shelf and charge stuff in an old fashioned metal toolbox just incase something decides to go pop one day (a swelling power bank has given me a nudge in that direction!)

I used to have a couple of 4 port wall plugs but they didn’t last that well once I started using them for charging assorted stuff and I think the output  dwindled to a few watts when all the ports were occupied.

I don’t want to spend loads but even buying some quality shorter leads will add up, I guess a strip of high output USB-A ports is the way to go if anyone has any recommendations.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member
    jkomo

Anker multi charger thing and some short cables

tall_martin

I use one of these. 3 normal sockets and a bunch of usb sockets.

Conan257
    Free Member

For all my chargers, I only use ones with a 2-pin (figure 8 style) extension lead. There’s multiple benefits including  being able to have the “brick” hidden away as well as having a supply of foreign cables so I don’t need to own a multitude of adaptors.

I’m an Anker fan, good quality stuff, can run multiple devices from 1 wall socket and for the most part is much tidier than your picture. Consider buying something that can supply over 65w if you think you may want to charge a phone quickly or a laptop on it.

matt_outandabout

Anker multi charger thing and some short cables

^ this.

I’ve even drilled a mains cable access hole through the back of a storage cabinet so that it is all out of sight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.