Home Forums Chat Forum cats and stitches, Steri strips

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cats and stitches, Steri strips
  • mrmo
    Free Member

The cat has is the way of these things managed to get his collar off and remove a couple of stitches,

If he gets anymore out is it ok to use a steri-strip or should i take him back to the vets to be re stitched, which i suspect means anaesthesia, and lots of money?

Drac

There’s a lot of movement in that area so let the pet insurance pay for it, oh wait did you mess up like I did some years ago and not get sorted. Yup a costly mistake of over £1k for me that was.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

steristrips won’t hold I wouldn’t have thought

mrmo
    Free Member

not so much cost, more i don’t want to starve the cat again, and don’t like the idea of him being put under again. It is holding now, it is only a couple out of a lot, just wondering what the worst case is.

iDave
    Free Member

organic355
    Free Member

What are the white bits?

Drac

Worst case it becomes infected your cat develops sepsis and dies. Likely hood is it may open up and he has to sorted again, IIRC cat’s are more prone to infection but not owned a cat for about 20 odd years so I may have imagined that. It’ll survive fine being starved anthesia of course carries risk with animals.

iDave
    Free Member

enveetee
    Free Member

WTF??!!???

What happened? Poor bugger

Man, that cat should be INSIDE with a wound like that.

Worst case – Infection, weeping abbsess, drainage tubes, nasty, nasty nasty

Stitches are just mechanical devices to keep the wound closed while it heals, you could use super glue (I have on myself). Any STERILE thing will do.

Did I mention it should be inside?

Nigel

mrmo
    Free Member

cat had an abscess which burst, been given antibiotics and the wound has been cleaned, the white tubes are the drain, which has now been taken out.

I have been told that it should be ok by friday to remove the collar. he has another check up in a couple of days anyway. He is basically confined the house, i love the sound of screaming cats!!! i have let him in the garden for a couple of minutes under supervision.

The fact he is feeling better is demonstrated by the amount he is eating and screaming, easy to miss the fact he was off his food a bit, thought he was being fussy, which he is.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cats and stitches, Steri strips’ is closed to new replies.