Home Forums Chat Forum Can you fit an MTB in a Qubo/Bipper/Nemo?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you fit an MTB in a Qubo/Bipper/Nemo?
  • ambientcoast
    Free Member

Yes. Yes, you can.

Just a quick PSA for anyone thinking of downsizing to a Fiat Qubo/Peugeot Bipper/Citroen Nemo…

I bought a cheapo Qubo a few weeks ago after offloading my massive Ducato and realising that we still need 2x cars at home. But I spent a while first trying to figure out if I’d be able to get my bike in the back with/without dropping the wheels, etc.

At the time, I couldn’t find a definitive answer to that question, but I can confirm that my bike pretty much just rolls in backwards, both wheels on, dropper post down. I need to remove the double rear seat from the van (it just clicks in and out), and roll the front passenger seat forward a touch, but that’s it. Not bad for a car that’s less than 4m long.

For reference, the bike’s a 2022 Slash 7, Size M/L, with 170mm fork – so it’s a fairly long and big bike.

Anyhoo – hope that helps someone. I could have done with this info a few weeks ago!

MTB inside Fiat Qubo, Peugeot Bipper, Citroen Nemo

alanl
    Free Member

Yes, best van I’ve ever had (Bipper). 180k now, still runs great. Changed the suspension all round last year, cost me around £250, otherwise most of it is still original (obviously apart from service items).

dustypumpkins

Too right you can! If I wanted to, I could sleep in it.

I’ve an ex-forestry Nemo but secretly wanted a Bipper as it’s a funny name.

I’m a MTB guide/instructor and there’s something very satisfying about being one of very few in the industry without a monstrous van. And it’s like a go-kart to drive too. Had a bit of a mishap with the driver’s door bumper panel today though.

td75
    Free Member

Have been looking at these. What’s the best engine to go for? Are they all the same for all three?

hot_fiat

Oooooh. Interesting. I’ve been after something similar for a while. A guy in the Abarth group has fitted one with Abarth running gear. It’s quite unnerving.

ambientcoast
    Free Member

If I wanted to, I could sleep in it.

One thing I’m going to do before the summer is try to build some kind of sleeping platform in the back. Or maybe put a roof tent on it. I used my big van for sleeping in a lot, and that’s maybe the only thing I miss about having it.

secretly wanted a Bipper as it’s a funny name.

Ha – me too. There were none for sale within 150 miles or so though!

it’s like a go-kart to drive

Yep, compared to the Ducato, it’s like driving and parking a dodgem.

What’s the best engine to go for?

Pretty sure all three have the same engine choices – 1.4l petrol or 1.3l diesel, I think. I bought the petrol because it was the only one for sale within any kind of reasonable distance, and the diesels were also coming in at around £3k more for the same age car.

It’s definitely not the fastest car on the road, and fuel efficiency is mediocre at best, but it’s amazing as secure bike transport that you can park virtually anywhere.

td75
    Free Member

Thanks ambientcoast. Does the front passenger seat fold flat?

mick_r

The very early Nemo had the old 1.4HDI diesel – we had one and it was dog slow and conked out on the Mrs twice with no warning within in its first 10,000 miles (immediate engine off “depollution fault” – not fun on a motorway). By all accounts the more common / newer 1.3 is a much better engine (more power, torque and economy).

I still miss my old C15 from the 90s :-)

ambientcoast
    Free Member

Does the front passenger seat fold flat?

Mine doesn’t – it just slides forward and tilts like most other front car seats.

I think there was a fold flat factory option on the van versions of all these cars though.

beltaine
    Free Member

Have a Bipper and you can (just) fit a 29er in it. But only just…

petefromearth

Bippers is what my 2yo daughter calls slippers, bless her

I have nothing else to add

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you fit an MTB in a Qubo/Bipper/Nemo?’ is closed to new replies.