Home Forums News Can you accommodate 240mm?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can you accommodate 240mm?
  • Ben_Haworth

OneUp have produced a 240mm travel dropper. OneUp are pushing the limit of what droppers can do – and what bike frames they will actually fit in. And …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/can-you-accommodate-240mm/

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

Sea-Urchin

I wish I had enough insertion depth for a 240..!!

doomanic

I wish I had enough for a 180!

PolisherMan
    Free Member

150mm for me and I’m up to the bumper.

intheborders
    Free Member

Possibly in my HT, I’ve enough space above the clamp and it’s currently got a 200mm in.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ah bum. I’ve finally given in and replaced my 170 with a 200 last week having given up on anyone releasing a 230+ post.

Ah well, one fitted but never ridden 200mm post for sale.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Careful what you wish for. I have the 210 and the return is a bit crap. Max air pressure, fully clean and lubed and with seat post collar slackened off to the point where the post creeps down and i STILL only get a partial return after around an hours riding.

ta11pau1

Hmm, 240mm you say? Eyes up bike with 150mm dropper fitted and masses of post showing…

You have to wonder though what the longevity is like, after a few months of going up and down that length it’s bound to start getting a bit ‘loose’.

submarined
    Free Member

@Blackflag – My 210 has been utterly faultless, sounds like there’s something not quite right with yours TBH. I’d get in touch with OneUp, their customer service has been brilliant IME, one of the reasons I keep going back to them.
    My v1 I had previously was bob on as well.

I’m a measly 5’10ish, and can squeeze a 210 into a Large Ripmo AF, bloody great, feels like a big BMX. Only problem with big drop posts is tyre buzz on the saddle!

Olly
    Free Member

When you order it, you get a massive parcel in the post that just contains a note that says “your frame is too small for you”

ta11pau1

Damn, according to my max insertion I can only take a 210mm post. If I could go an extra 45mm deeper I’d be able to have the 240mm.

Northwind

I was pretty gutted to find I can only get 190mm in my Rocketmax. I suspect the number of bikes that can actually fit these new monsters is pretty small but it’s good to see and I hope it leads manufacturers towards better designs- less seattube/stupid bloody extended seatmasts, and more consideration to post length in the frames.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’ll have to measure up. 5’11 on a ML aether9 with 180 one up dropper in the 420 seat tube. There’s certainly a bit of room below the collar, but 6cm..? Hmm?

docrobster
    Free Member

Darn. 55mm below the collar.
    So that’s me 1.81m tall on a bike with 420 seat tube and 165 cranks that it’s too long for…

cloggy

I’m barely 5 8 and my 200 dropper is 20mm out of the 430 seat tube. 240 doesn’t seem extreme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can you accommodate 240mm?’ is closed to new replies.