Home Forums Chat Forum Camcorder Recommendations Wanted (< £300)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Camcorder Recommendations Wanted (< £300)
  • fubar
    Free Member

Hi,

just want a camcorder for capturing some family moments…the biggest requirement (other than being less than £300 [ideally]) is that it works well indoors / dim lighting. Oh and decent battery performance.

Would I get a better quality camera by finding an ‘older’ one that records to tapes ?

I’m happy to transfer / edit footage on a pc so does the storage format make much difference….Are there problems with writing to DVD – It sounds potentially troublesome i.e. writing to a disc whilst the camera could be moving ?

Any recommendations ?
    thanks

takisawa2

Not sure if its relevant, but I’ve recently bought a camcorder. Had a budget of only £200 though.
    From looking at whats available it seems there are 2 main types…”HD” at 1080 resolution & “MiniDV” at 720 resolution (Claimed DVD quality). There are then 3 types of recording system…hard drives, direct to DVD & on to memory cards.
    “HD” camcorders seem to start around the £500 mark so out of my league. Given how cheap memory cards are nowadays I narrowed it down to a Mini DV type recording onto SDHC cards for about £200. I earmarked a few models, but then saw a JVC model on QVC (the shopping channel) for £136. Its been spot on. I also bought a 16gb card & it will record about 4hrs at its highest quality setting. Not had a chance to play around with the footage yet but it seems pretty good quality.
    Hope it helps.
    PT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Camcorder Recommendations Wanted (< £300)’ is closed to new replies.