Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 13,619 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • dudeofdoom

Ahh but they added the term ‘style‘

I do admire who came up with that ‘Australian Style’ Deal phrase,it’s just such a great piss take, rebranding no-deal so it sounds like they’ve actually done something as opposed to wasting 4 years.

Brexits just a jolly jape.

Let’s Get Going 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

In case it hasn’t been mentioned the plan Is to scrap the low value exemption on imports.

So anything you buy will have VAT, duty and and handling fee applied. The days of buying tyres at sensible tyres from Germany are coming to an end. You can still do it but prepare for stupid prices. How long till the importers ramp prices because they can?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmrc-impact-assessment-for-the-vat-treatment-of-low-value-parcels/hmrc-impact-assessment-for-the-vat-treatment-of-low-value-parcels

kimbers

ts all a smear

mrmo
    Free Member

have to wonder how people will respond when they realise what Brexit means?

somafunk

have to wonder how people will respond when they realise what Brexit means?

If they didnt understand what Brexit meant 4 years ago then anything short of a explanation attached to a length of 2×4 and swung vigorously in their direction will fail to sink home

mrmo
    Free Member

If they didnt understand what Brexit meant 4 years ago then anything short of a explanation attached to a length of 2×4 and swung vigorously in their direction will fail to sink home

January will be the 2×4, that is rather the point, when the sunny uplands are obviously not happening, when the nasty EU demands that they queue in the non eu lanes, when they discover travel insurance costs more, when the price of everything rises, when there are shortages, when red tape swaps everything. etc etc etc.

Northwind

kimbers
    Subscriber

ts all a smear

So in case you were still wondering if the report found that Russia interfered in the referendum, now we can be certain it does.

dannyh
    Free Member

“Don’t smear Brexit”.

**** off.

It will ‘smear’ itself when the bloody idiots in this country actually wake up to the fact they are worse off because of it and they got nothing they wanted.

Pointing out that it was all the result of Russian interference (given the closeness of the result this is a reasonable statement IMO) is just the icing on the cake. Just enough interference to sway a narrow result away from the grown ups.

Game, set and match to Putin.

mehr
    Free Member

I wonder if The conservative friends of Russia, Carrie Symonds, Harry Cole and Guido get a mention

She’s had quite the rise through the ranks

kelvin

So in case you were still wondering if the report found that Russia interfered in the referendum, now we can be certain it does.

We can be certain that the Express thinks there was Russian interference… (who doesn’t)… but the report itself might still be quite equivocal about it, in the absence of hard evidence. There must me something in there that reflects badly on key people in the current no10 team though… or we’d have read it last year, and there wouldn’t be a string of Conservative MPs sacked to keep it unreleased…

Last week’s Russian style “news shaping” ready for this finally coming out was… and I kid you not… Cummings sending a string of Tories out to the media to say that… “because the Report has been so delayed, it is now out of date, so should be ignored”… through the looking glass stuff. Depressing. What depresses me most is the keenness for BBC news programmes to support this “news shaping” rather than challenge it… we’re not heading to a good place, are we.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It will remain ignored when the bloody idiots in this country never wake up to the fact they are worse off because of it, and so continue to point fingers at ‘remoaners’, foreigners/the EU, ‘lefties’, immigrants, refugees and homosexuals

FTFY

kelvin

It’s been a while… but a Conservative MP is proposing something you’d think everyone could agree with…

kelvin

Harder… harder… harder…

“No cooperation”

“Er… this is our project, and arguably benefits the UK more than any country, other than perhaps Germany”

“No cooperation”

crazy-legs

It will ‘smear’ itself when the bloody idiots in this country actually wake up to the fact they are worse off because of it and they got nothing they wanted.

By which time it’ll be far too late to do anything about it.

The Russia report was delayed until we were past the point of no-return, past the point at which one or two remainer MPs might have possibly been able to say “hang on a sec, this is all a bit fishy, we’ll put forward a motion to extend transition”. Now it’s just another water under the bridge moment to join the ranks of lies which are already piled up around Boris and the Tories and which will likely go unremarked.

The Leavers don’t care, they got what they wanted (or more accurately, at the moment they think they’re getting what they were promised of forriners going home), the Renainers knew all along so it’s no great surprise and we’re back at the start with a divided nation.

kelvin

Oh well, unscrutinised trade deals passed without a vote to accept them it is then… obviously…

mrmo
    Free Member

may as well scrap parliament, it serves little purpose now.I’m sure that is on PM Dom’s list to do.

alex222
    Free Member

My question is, as a person living in BC who is considering coming back. Will the legal payed annual leave, and relatively low cost of living/high wages be impacted by this.

Or to put it another way. Will the UK become as expensive as BC, and will you only get 10 days payed annual leave once Brexit happens?

mehr
    Free Member

What a surprise that The Telegraph were given snippets to lead the narrative

dannyh
    Free Member

may as well scrap parliament, it serves little purpose now.I’m sure that is on PM Dom’s list to do.

A suspiciously convenient fire, perhaps?

tjagain

alex 22. I don’t expect things to get much more expensive. I do expect an assault on workers rights tho

matt_outandabout

Or to put it another way. Will the UK become as expensive as BC, and will you only get 10 days payed annual leave once Brexit happens?

Brexshit isn’t the only reason, but I do think we are heading this way.
    It is about to be a *lot* more expensive to live in the UK – and that will have an impact on all sorts of things.
    Annual leave, I think it is embedded enough that folk will fight any reduction in the UK. The issue would be the slow drip of new contracts with fewer days, so in a decade we may see shrinking holiday allowances.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I knew it would happen all along but it’s still **** cripplingly depressing to watch it in slow motion.

Astoundingly, as of the time of publishing, Evolve Politics are only media outlet who have covered the story – with the BBC, Sky News, ITV and numerous other mainstream media outlets appearing to decide that it was, for some reason, not newsworthy.

Go back to sleep. We all know that the BBC are literally the propaganda arm of the NHS/gulags/Stalin. Go back to sleep. Nothing to see here.

alex222
    Free Member

Is there any evidence to back up the claim that it will not get more expensive but that holiday pay will be reduced. Or the alternative that others suggest, it will get more expensive but holiday won’t be reduced?

mariner
    Free Member

My mps response as dictated by central office.
    Any other cut and paste response?

Dear (redacted)

Last night, the House of Commons debated amendments to the Trade Bill.

It’s right that how I vote for East Devon is scrutinised. I’m your MP and represent you. I completely share the strength of feeling many have felt over the past 24 hours, as shown on local East Devon Facebook groups and emails I’ve received.

The Trade Bill debated last night is all about transitioning Free Trade Agreements we have already agreed so they continue after the transition period with the EU ends. To implement new agreements with global partners, the government will bring forward separate primary legislation. The Trade Bill cannot be used to implement future trade deals.

I have been clear that any trade deal the UK strikes must be fair and reciprocal to our farmers, and must not compromise on our high environmental protection, animal welfare and food safety standards. I have been assured by ministers that they have no intention of lowering on our high environmental protection, animal welfare and food standards in transitioned trade agreements.

I made my views clear when I supported an amendment to the Agriculture Bill put forward by Neil Parish MP working closely with the NFU. A few weeks after this vote, the Government agreed to establish a Trade and Agriculture Commission. By forming this Commission, Ministers can ensure close engagement with the agriculture industry to help inform, shape and guide agricultural trade policy, so that this is recognised throughout our trade negotiations. Once the Commission has finished its work, it will produce a report in line with its terms of reference that will be presented to Parliament by the Department for International Trade.

We have always protected our right to choose how we would deliver public services in trade agreements, and we will continue to do so. Rigorous checks and balances on the government’s power to negotiate and ratify trade agreements are in place via the Constitutional Reform and Governance Act 2010.

Kind regards

Simon

Simon Jupp MP

Cougar

transitioning Free Trade Agreements we have already agreed so they continue after the transition period

What? After the transition period ends there will be a period of transition? Am I reading that correctly?

binners

I’d have loved to have received a similar copy and paste from my new Tory MP, James Daly, who with wearying predictability voted with the government to flog off the NHS to Trump in any future trade deal.

Unfortunately he won’t reply to my (or anybody else’s) emails, and has blocked me (and everybody else) from his social media feeds for asking why he won’t answer our emails.

He’s really got to grips with this representative democracy lark. He repeats what Dom tells him to repeat, votes how Dom tells him to vote and ignores all his constituents.

He’ll go far, I’m sure

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, spineless Tory whip following, career cretin for North Easy Derbyshire as well.

Makes sense though. If you just vote as told by Dumb Cum, you don’t have to actually do any work, reading, tolding to the great unwashed – politics is a doddle.

grum
    Free Member

He’s really got to grips with this representative democracy lark. He repeats what Dom tells him to repeat, votes how Dom tells him to vote and ignores all his constituents.

Thank god we took back control from these unelected EU bureaucrats.

mefty
    Free Member

Am I reading that correctly?

Nope – although there may be another transition period.

tjagain

There will not be another transition period. Johnson has to pay off his backers. We are going out “NO Deal” as soon as they can do it.

tjagain

Is there any evidence to back up the claim that it will not get more expensive but that holiday pay will be reduced. Or the alternative that others suggest, it will get more expensive but holiday won’t be reduced?

Its clear to me that one of the key aims in this is to reduce workforce costs by reducing our legal protections. So I bet holiday is reduced in general as the WTD will no longer apply – in england

As for costs – two factors – cheap low grade imports will reduce some costs but tarrifs will increase some

binners

There won’t be another transition period. That ship sailed a few weeks ago. What’s now in play is a legally defined exit period. It’s now law, not politics. We have now officially left the EU

The only two options now available to the government are a negotiated trading arrangement or a no deal crash out.

Hmmmmmm…. I wonder which it will be?

dannyh
    Free Member

Johnson has to pay off his backers.

The only two options now available to the government are a negotiated trading arrangement or a no deal crash out.

Hmmmmmm…. I wonder which it will be?

The heist of a lifetime.

This ‘government’ is utterly corrupt and they don’t even bother to try to hide it very well.

But they (Cum Dommings amongst others) figured out two things long ago:

1. Many people don’t actually take any interest in the news or politics, meaning their experience of it is stuff fed to them via social media that contains simple three-word slogans.

2. Many people have barely suppressed prejudices and petty dislikes that can be appealed to in a targeted way whilst not being addressed in any detail.

It is what we are going to be left with when this rabble have pissed off overseas or live in Londonigrad with their money offshore that worries me.

Given the petty nastiness exposed since 2016, I’m not sure we as a ‘society’ are going to rally together to rebuild in a fairer way. Much more likely is economic catastrophe followed by rats in a sack infighting over every job / contract / street corner begging spot, which will keep everyone at each other’s throats and easy meat for the ‘blame them‘ propaganda.

This ‘government’ literally doesn’t give a shit what happens after.

binners

This ‘government’ literally doesn’t give a shit what happens after.

They know, and we all know exactly what’s going to happen once we’re ‘free’ from EU legislation. We don’t need to list the inevitable. It was previously labelled ‘Project Fear’. Now it’s a best case scenario

It doesn’t really matter if Dom and Dommer hang around to do it (they won’t) or their acolytes carry out the privatisation of the NHS, the shredding or workers rights and environmental controls, rubber stamp our subservience to the US and just make life immeasurably worse for 99% of us, it now has an unstoppable inevitability to it

We’re all well and truly ****ed!

eskay

The lack of BBC (in main) reporting is one the scary things about all of this. I think it shows how much control this government has over the press and what propaganda they want to push.

The irony of Andrew Marr grilling the Chinese ambassador over their reporting at the weekend.

BBC completely silent as Jeremy Corbyn is proved right after Tories vote against protecting NHS from Brexit trade deals

kelvin

Corbyn proved right?!? Everyone from John Major, to Tony Blair called this right…

kelvin

crazy-legs

Britain close to abandoning hope of Brexit trade deal

The easiest deal in history? Surely the only reason we can’t get a deal is because of the huge mob of Europeans clattering at our door to be allowed first dibs?

What’s that? We’ve just become an international irrelevance…?

Oh.

binners

This was always the end game.

The EU was never going to allow the UK to cherrypick a ‘cake and eat it’ deal but Boris and chums are still demanding exactly that. There was never any serious intention of arriving at a deal. Their Disaster Capitalist backers need the chaos of a ‘No Deal’ Brexit for their payoff.

All ‘negotiations’ have been a charade where the UK government goes through the motions just enough for them to try and lay the blame on the EU for the resulting economic catastrophe. Expect that narrative to be ratcheted up between now and January.

When we all wake up in the new year to the entire South East of England being a lorry park, chaos in Ireland, our currency collapsing and UK based businesses either going bust or rapidly relocating to the mainland EU, it’ll all be fine because… fish

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 13,619 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.