Home Forums Chat Forum Bradford?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bradford?!
  • MrSparkle

Going there tomorrer with the family to have a shufti @ the National Media Museum but I was thinking about parking up in town somewhere and having a look round, maybe getting something to eat first. Any recommendations of owt to see/where to park/where to eat etc gratefully received.
    Ta, cockers.
    Mr S.

brant
    Free Member

kashmir.
    very close to the photography museum. sort of up the hill a bit and across.
    proper bradford curry. though they dont have plastic chairs, but you will get salad and a jug of water.

Ed2001
    Free Member

We went to the museum on Tuesday and it was pretty good. It kept my 7 and 11 year old entertained for a good hour and a half, maybe more. The Blue Peter exhibition is worth a look and the interactive tv sets are good too. We parked at the museum with no problem, cheap too. Sorry I can’t help with anything else.

Daffy

Take your bike, there’s some superb riding just to the west of Bradford.

MrSparkle

Heh, don’t think I’d get away wi’ that, pal. I’m hoping to get up early and have a quick whizz round on the cross bike before we set off though!
    Thanks to all responders.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bratfud? No trip there would be complete, without a look around the World-Famous Bradford Alhambra; truly one of the Wonders of the Modern World. So good, they tried to copy it in Spain, actually.

Do not go to Ravenscliffe.

And watch out for the Beast of Baildon, although I think Andy’s hangover might have subsided by then.

Be in Awe, of the delights that await you:

It’s only a step from the museum, so you’ve had a right result!

johnhoo
    Free Member

yeah, parking behind the museum should be ok tomorrow. Not sure if the Kashmir will be open daytime though.

Can’t really recommend anywhere to eat in town during daytime, unless you can find a decent pub – The Noble Comb in Shipley, about 4 miles north on the way to Otley/Ilkley/airport is ok for food & is a 2-for-1 pub so should be family friendly & reasonably cheap.

Can’t recommend anything closer to the NMM, unfortunately, as I no longer live that close to the city centre. Of course there are all the usual chains, plus the usual other stuff (chinese, italian/american, etc) at the cinema complex behind the bus/railway station

johnhoo
    Free Member

what to see? apart from the media museum, Bradford has seen better days.
    Too close to Leeds, which is doing quite nicely thanks, but Bradford is suffering as a result. If you must go shopping, go to Leeds & into the city centre; try avoid the White Rose Centre south of Leeds – it’ll be heaving & there’s nothing there that you can’t get in town or at Meadowhell/Metro/Trafford Centres

Not much to see in Bradford city centre, shopping not too great unless you like the usual high street chains & charity shops. There’s a nice big sand pit where there’s supposed to be a new shopping centre.

Meanwhile, the countryside to the north & west of Bradford is ace. Yorkshire Dales only 45 minutes away via Skipton

brant
    Free Member

>Not sure if the Kashmir will be open daytime though.

Open 11am-3am every day.

BigJohn

Its not often you’re wrong Brant, but I think you’ll find the proper curry house in Bradford is in fact the Karachi on Neal St.

eeee, I remember when it were 5 bob for a curry, and you could have extra gravy and chapattis for free. Delicacies included mutton chops, sheeps feet or sheeps brains. Yum.

johnners
    Free Member

I remember the Karachi from when I lived in Yorks 25-odd years ago, used to frequent it after visiting the BPFT or the NMP! Never felt tempted to try the Brain curry, and what with BSE and all I’m quite glad.

Richyb
    Free Member

Im with Brant, go to the Kashmir but go downstairs for the authentic experience of curry in a bowl with the cities taxi drivers. Actually if you’re with the family, drive to Akbars on the Leeds road. Good god this thread is making me hungry.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bradford?!’ is closed to new replies.