Home Forums Bike Forum Bontrager Line Elite v Bike Yoke Revive

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bontrager Line Elite v Bike Yoke Revive
  • tim-o
    Free Member

Just picked up a Top Fuel, came with Bontrager Line Elite dropper. I’ve not ridden it yet but it looks to perform well. I happen to have a Bike Yoke Revive 2.0* spare in the shed, worked well on my previous bike, I’ve been very happy with it. Weights are pretty similar, I think. Any thoughts on why it would be a good or bad idea to swap them over?

*the Bike Yoke is 31.6mm so I’d have to shim up to 34.9mm. Is that a really bad idea?

seriousrikk

I found the bontranger ones quite annoying in use. You have to get the pressure on just the right point on the saddle for it to drop – miss that and it just sticks.

Maybe they have got better recently?

mtbfix

Ride the Bonty post until it fails and then do the swap? I had issues with 31.6 Line posts in a Fuel EX and bought a Revive in the end. The 34.9 Line post in my present Top Fuel has been fine for two years though.

Ambrose

I liked my Bontrager post. I especially liked the way it’s constructed to fail safely when hit hard sideways. I wore mine out because of my peculiar riding style, I cannot stand in the pedals. When the post finally failed I replaced it with a OneUp because it may offer better support of the upper shaft.

FWIW I never experienced problems re: finding a sweet spot to make it sag but I am quite a bit guy if truth be told.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The BikeYoke is a better post.

My first temptation would be to sell the Bontrager and run the BikeYoke. However, at 34.9 it might be a limited market.

Also, the Bontrager in 34.9 might be a structurally stronger post than the BikeYoke in 31.6. Maybe sell both and buy a Revive Max.

tim-o
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll fit the Bike Yoke and attempt to sell the Bontrager. If it doesn’t sell I’ll reconsider!

alan1977
    Free Member

The Bontrager is an amazing post, i was going to buy a one up v3 but the Bonty is really quite good, granted i fitted my oneup lever

the Bonty has much less rotational play than the oneup v2, the post is also smoother and more stable? probably because of the larger diameter. I will stick with it until it dies or i win a load of money and lighten the bike unnecessarily

honestly, just ride it, you’ll see no reason to swap it out, you’ll be bale to sell your bikeyoke, you won’t sell the Bonty easily

tim-o
    Free Member

Thanks Alan1977

richwales

Trek slash is a dog of a job to service the seat post. May be just my frame but the cable outer catches on a burr or something on the frame which means the bottom bracket has to come out. Leave in place till it dies. Then swap.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.