• This topic has 90 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Simon.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Boltby Bash – Who’s In?
  • Mugboo

Great day today. Once again a proper chilled out event. Props to all those in charge and especially all those who volunteer 🙂

Jordan

@jaylittle just before there acually, a little further up the hill. I was next to the small drop followed by the off camber bit before the last right hander to the jump.
    It wasn’t really a drop and most people rolled it but some got air off it. I saw one guy get a truly spectacular launch off it(got a hell of a cheer) but he lost it on the off camber landing and went straight through the tapes and plumetted down the steep bank to the right. Didn’t even bother going through the finish gates just went straight on.

snotrag

Absolutely superb again – last year we said ‘we’ll never get weather like this again’ !

We rode later in the day this year, THAT section on stage 2 was really blown out and as I cam over the crest looked totally different, had a half spin and OTB which stuffed my overall time up.

Its making me really want to consider getting a longer travel bike. Orange Stage 4 to… Stage 5?

I also burped my front tyre twice, same corner, Saturday and Sunday – never done that before but I’m putting it down to absolutely nailing the corner so hard!

Loads of photos appearing on Roots and Rain already if you haven’t looked yet.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Stage 5 was great to watch!

I also had my first burp on the sat, just after that nasty rooty section.

russyh
    Free Member

Get yourself a 2.6 Mary with Rimpact inserts. Grip and tyre stability was insane. Agree stage 5 was fun, carried far too much speed at times as completely blind. Gutted with overall time, but results were tight. So a couple of better line choices and pedal strokes would’ve made a big difference. Ironically stage 2 is probably the most similar to my home riding in FOD and was the stage I made the most mistakes in ha ha. Kept rubber side down all day so can’t really complain. Water stop was perfect and meant I only needed to carry 1 bottle all day. Probably best event I have done in a long while. I saw that there had been a load of photos but it seems I managed to avoid most of the 21,000 shots.

seanr
    Free Member

Great weekend, nice mixture of trails to suit a lot of abilities. Rode with my other half all weekend and everyone was relaxed enough for me to leave a big gap between us so I didn’t catch her, she ended up 7th in female U40 which was a great result for her. Can’t believe how much the trails got blown out over the weekend.
    How did everyone get on?

scaled
    Free Member

@jaylittle

I think this was the point they decided enough was enough 😀

woody2000

Not quite…

woody2000

And one of the little rippers…

jaylittle
    Free Member

ha ha some great pics, i’ll foward him the link to this thread he’ll be well chuffed.yes 4 was the limit and time was called! those 2 kids certainly weren’t short of any talent either!

Simon

That little ramp provided plenty of entertainment!

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Boltby Bash – Who’s In?’ is closed to new replies.