Boltby Bash – Who’s In?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Boltby Bash – Who’s In?
  • Premier Icon bungalistic
    Subscriber

Anyone doing Boltby this year? Just going for the Sunday to do the Sportive so looking for something to do on Saturday before party & BBQ. Are there other routes to ride about on nearby?

Yep, lots of us from West yorkshire. It’s a great event.

so looking for something to do on Saturday before party & BBQ. Are there other routes to ride about on nearby

Practice would be a good idea.

Premier Icon russyh
    Subscriber

Yeah I’m entered the n’duro

Premier Icon bungalistic
    Subscriber

Practice would be a good idea

Didn’t think we’d be able to pre-ride course on Saturday if the full enduro race was on?

Premier Icon Jordan
    Subscriber

I think the enduro is sunday as well, sat is practice day. Just missed out on a ticket if anyone wants to sell one.

yep cant wait, practise saturday, beers sat night and enduro sunday, the sportive is the exact same route but a mass start sunday 9am (?), timed start to finish, as opposed the enduro timed over the 5 stages. last year i set off around 1030-1045 and the fast ones were just getting back..

cracking event..

jaylittle

I’ll be there.

Both rides take place Sunday so you can practice on the Saturday although stage 3 is usually closed so is ridden blind on race day. Hope the weather is as good as last year!

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

Yup. In for the ‘full’ event. Small group of us coming up from the flatlands.

How do the stages compare to ‘Ard Rock in terms of tech?

bigfoot

less tech than ard rock so very little. enjoyed it on the day last year but there just wasn’t enough in the stages to make me want to bother again when there is so many other good races available. probably not helped by the fact that what was probably the best stage in practice was cancelled for the race when someone hurt themselves.
    was still a good weekend though just not the sort of riding i really like.

Premier Icon bungalistic
    Subscriber

Saturday practice it is then, cheers. We got plenty of tech up in The Lakes so not fussed if it’s not an overly hard event either.

It’s a fun event. There’s the odd tricky bit here and there, some flat out grassy stages and lots of woody sections. You’ll have a good time.

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

Ill be there

Its woody.

I intend on getting drunk on the saturday.

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

I’ll be there.
    Watch out for the taping on the stages!
    I took a wrong turn on S3 (the one you couldn’t practice) due to a massive gap in the tape and lost a lot of time 🙄

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Me!

Hoping to beat Simon 🙂

Premier Icon bungalistic
    Subscriber

I hope the sky is as blue as the pic above too

njd187

Was a rather good weekend. Got a lot to live up to. Stages not really hard but they are pretty quick so all good fun.Plenty of difficult events around so makes a nice change.

seanr

Me and my better half are riding this year, so should be fun.

Rode last few years and nothing really technical but some nice natural terrain.

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

@bungalistic weather was amazing last year, fingers crossed it’s more of the same this year!

@woody2000 you’ll have no trouble beating me if you can keep it rubber side down and said rubber inflated 😀

chrisyork

Yep my brother and I are in for the Enduro… can’t wait!!
    First year, we signed up on sientries but is there a ticket and a pack that’s sent out too?

Not seen anything yet

njd187

Nothing gets sent out just take some I D with you and give your name at registration.

chrisyork

Ahh brilliant thanks for the reply, it was just the last event i did was True Grit and i’m sure we got something sent out previously but that’s fine if that’s the way they do the format then no worries.

Tyred Knobs are in !

Premier Icon scaled
    Subscriber

Hopefully i’ll be fixed up by then, nearly 6 weeks off the bike with a fractured shoulder, unrelated minor surgery booked in for monday then a few weeks recovery and ready for boltby. That’s not too much to ask, right?

chrisyork

My friend smashed his collarbone into 7 pieces at Cannock and he’s back on his bike after 6 weeks, we did the Dalby blue/red loop the other day as an intro and he could ride……just can’t push too hard because it’s still not healed apparently!

Fingers crossed yours heals up soon!

looking forward to it, a cracking event

sturdylad

I’m in, was meant to do last year but a change of job screwed that up for me!
    Not letting anything stop me this year!

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

If any one can’t make it I’ll grab a ticket

Subscriber

I’m now in….

Due to my exceptional planning is anyone going with family that would like to dog sit my little knob head of a patterdale.

Otherwise she’ll be left at home on the Sunday all on her tod as my missus is away. If I can I’ll bring her camping.

Premier Icon StuE
    Subscriber

Ok someone as to ask it,what tyres are people using ?

Subscriber

Black round ones

Dhf and aggressor

stage 5 is blind, as sheep are still grazing it till saturday.

tyres: DHF 2.3’s on front and a minion ss on rear.
    i did it on my 2.8 rekon’s last year, hoping i get my fork back wednesday for full sus

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

hoping to get my bike this week. cutting it fine….

Premier Icon StuE
    Subscriber

I have a 2.5 DHF on the front and a bonty 2.6 SE5 on the back,I also have a spare set of wheels with a shorty on the front and a Michelin wild enduro on the back so should be covered for most conditions

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Forecast is pretty good, hope it stays that way 🙂

@andybrad – have you got a bike, even if they don’t get you yours back in time?

that lilac trail slayer will be just the job for boltby..

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

Won’t help many, but I’ve a Minion DHF 2.8 on the front and a WTB Ranger 2.8 on the back. As I run 26+ I don’t really have that much other choice (tried a Ranger on the front but it scared me too much) so regardless of what the weather does that’s what I got…

In other news, has everyone had the email about final details? No water available on site? Not an issue for me as I’ll be in the camper but seems a bit off.

rsvtoddy

As a resident of Boltby I hope you all have a really brilliant time and enjoy yourselves (unlike some of the other miserable ****ts in the village that hate it and you with a passion!).

Stay safe 🙂

Premier Icon russyh
    Subscriber

Yeah I received the email. So guessing no showers on site? Hoping to god there is some for of toilet for the prerace squits. Tyre wise running my stock these days Magic Mary and Hans dampf both soft compound with Rimpacts.

Weather forecast looks wet! Let’s hope that changes as it will be bloody miserable in a tent!

One other question. Notice there is a BBQ Saturday night. However being a veggie anyone know what shops are available close by to the camping area etc.?

High paradise farm at the top of the big climb towards stage 1 had a great menu think I’ll be stopping for a stone baked pizza on the Saturday,

Premier Icon StuE
    Subscriber

Not sure which forecast you are looking at,Met office says overcast and 14degs on Sunday with a small chance of a shower on Saturday

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.