Home Forums Bike Forum Bolle safety goggles – anyone used them please ?

• This topic has 12 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by aP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bolle safety goggles – anyone used them please ?
  • RobinL

As title, has anyone used the goggles for biking in preference to the normal safety glasses and if so do they mist up much ?

Thanks

weeksy

They’re worth about the £5 they cost. No more, no less.

oldnpastit

The ones I bought mist up about the same amount as the £25 or so cycling glasses – so they’re fine when you’re just riding along, but don’t stop!

They have the benefit that I don’t mind so much when I sit on them and break them.

Davesport

I’ve tried these and they fogged up pretty quickly. Good for work, on the bike not so much.

Image result for Bolle safety goggles

Tried these, but they’re needed the strap to keep them in place and also fogged up.

Image result for Bolle safety goggles

Presently using these which I like a lot, no issues.

Image result for bolle safety glasses

And I’ve ordered a set of these to try out :o)

Image result for bolle safety glasses tryopsi

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For glasses £3 decathlon ones are actually cheaper.

As for goggles, used to have the second pair davesport posted, but they didn’t fit my head at all, the plastic and foam are quite rigid so you’d have to be exactly the right shape.

whyter

The Decathlon frame-less ones are great, both clear and yellow variants.  A bargain.  They still fog up a bit, but the lack of frame helps the airflow.

cooie

Been using Bolle Silium for years. Work very well.

simon_g

I like Siliums too. There’s a Silium+ now that’s meant to be a bit lighter.

VanHalen

bolle contour glasses for me. cheap and effective.

if you want goggles buy proper goggles they work better and arnt expensive and you get to try all the different lense types oakley o frames are cheap and dirtbikebitz do a load of different cheap aftermarket lenses for them.

Northwind

I don’t like the “glasses with edges” style for riding, you basically get all the hassle of full goggles and not of all the benefits, it’s the 650b of goggles. I

dumbbot
    Free Member

I had some multi-lens decathlon jobbies which cost £15 and I really liked them, unfortunately I lost them last week. I was just going to replace like for like but they’ve change the model and it was nasty single lenses(instead of one piece lenses)

So I purchased these FWE one from Evans, big disappointment they fog up horribly(to the point of almost being unusable) and cost twice as much as the Decathlon ones. Avoid these.

https://www.evanscycles.com/fwe-rayet-anti-fog-hydrophobic-multi-lens-glasses-EV272347

I might try the Bolle ones, unless someone else has ideas for budget multi lens glasses

maccruiskeen

I like Siliums too. There’s a Silium+ now that’s meant to be a bit lighter.

Surely that should be Silium- then

aP
    Free Member

Remembering of course that Bollé is a subsidiary of Vista Outdoor.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bolle safety goggles – anyone used them please ?’ is closed to new replies.