Home Forums Bike Forum Bib shorts recommendations?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bib shorts recommendations?
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Looking for some bib shorts for around £60-£70. A couple of pairs I have seen have very short looking legs. I'm looking for something just a little bit above the knee (i.e. not 3/4 length or 'knickers', just not terribly short).

I'm 5ft7 and fairly thin, so suggestions on makes and sizing based on your experience would be appreciated please…

Cheers

PS – I have done a quick search, but couldn't turn up a thread where people are specifically looking for a longish length short.

ojom
    Free Member

Tsk – you should have asked me this yesterday.

We have Gore and De Marchi and a changing room and CCTV. 2 of these go well together. Not all 3 at once.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I'll pop back in at some point after pay day. I'll be watching for that CCTV peeping round the curtain though.

ojom
    Free Member

what curtain…? we are all friends right?

(there IS actually a curtain and indeed a daylight balanced light in the changing room… just in case anyone suspected that we might be 'watchers' or somesuch.)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Gore for that price, dhb for cheaper

Poggy
    Free Member

Def don't buy all black if you're on the thin side…

Pearl Izumi are always good & comfortable, have you thought about team kit? They're fab quality & look good!

What waist are you, sounds like a small will be right!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I've found Giordana bib shorts to be quite generous in leg length, and durable, last pair I got had a really comfy chamois, mesh bib, and a little pocket on the back of the bib for phone/i-pod. Really comfy piece of kit.

will
    Free Member

I was looking at the DHB £35 ones, they look good and have great reviews.

Also, just out of interest, why not all black if your skinny?

Ed2001
    Free Member

Lots of good recommedations gore etc I would add santini to that with twist gel insert ( incredibly comfortable).

fingers202
    Free Member

Giordana Tenax: Here
    Remember another 10% off[/url]

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

don't forget to budget for the gimp mask and handcuffs too :o)

Stu_N

I'm really impressed by DHB Finchdean bibshorts (Wiggle only). They are almost as good as the Assos ones I have that cost twice the money and are better than anything else I've ever tried. They aren't particularly short either. Next pair I buy will be another pair of these

Sizing is on the large side – I'm only a medium in them and normally take a large or even XL in other shorts; the sizing chart on Wiggle's website is spot on for me at least.

Spud

Quite a fan of the higher end Cannondale bibs myself.

MoreCashThanDash

DHB or Endura for me, depending on how flush I'm feeling!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

depending on how flush I'm feeling!

yeah, the spanking will do that…

pixelmix
    Free Member

I'm getting the impression SFB is a baggies man?!

Thanks for the ideas. 'Tis a strange and mysterious world this bib short buying. Doesn't help that I really don't have the legs for lycra. Still, function of form or something.

will
    Free Member

Fingers – Thanks for that link, they look nice!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm getting the impression SFB is a baggies man?!

actually, I'd prefer lycra, particularly in this weather, but the Altura baggies I have are much more comfy 🙂 Bibs are bondage gear (or control wear for the corpulent 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bib shorts recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.