Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The 20+ Best Bits from the Outdoor Trade Show
  • stwhannah

Beyond Bikes: Products That Have Us Dreaming Of Adventures. Check out the products and brands on show at the Outdoor Trade Show.

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Beyond Bikes: Products That Have Us Dreaming Of Adventures

LAT

Thermacell works very well for keeping midges away

stwhannah

@LAT in that case I NEED one!

zerocool

I didn’t know KAVU was still around, I thought they’d gone bust around the turn of the century.

Xero shoes are decent though and hopefully having a proper distributor will make them a bit cheaper nowadays (🤞🏻)

stwhannah

I saw Troll there too, speaking of brands that are still around. Yes, I said we needed colourful trousers.

ahsat

All my field notes books for the last 20 years have been Rite in the rain. They are very satisfying.

God I’m glad I don’t go to shows like that – I’d have to remortgage the house.

stwhannah

@ahsat luckily it was all looking and no buying, and in many cases not even a full set of sizes on display so I couldn’t even try things on and buy later. Phew! But maybe this is the answer to shopping malls of the future – they should be organised by theme/interest instead of mixing the prom dresses and high heel shops in with the waterproofs and sofas?

alpin
    Free Member

Got a pair of Xero barefoot shoes last year. Comfy enough, but as they’re waterproof they’re a bit warm and only worn them for a month or so. Not worn shoes other than for riding for months now.

Northwind

I particularly liked the posh prison shank.

You can get battery powered midge repellers that use the same pads as the Thermacell, supposedly they work much the same but start working faster and are more generally convenient than the gas powered ones. But veryvarying reports on whether any of these really work with midges?

LAT

But veryvarying reports on whether any of these really work with midges?

Full disclosure, I’ve not used mine on Scottish or Welsh  midgies, but they do work on the Canadian variety.

ahsat

But maybe this is the answer to shopping malls of the future – they should be organised by theme/interest instead of mixing the prom dresses and high heel shops in with the waterproofs and sofas?

Yes. Loving this

jp-t853

I remember buying a thermacell about twenty years ago and thinking it would create a midge free zone. First test was on a campsite at Morvich. I was very disappointed and bitten to bits. You should do a video test at Kielder

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.