Home Forums Bike Forum Best mudguard/flap for 2020 fox36

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best mudguard/flap for 2020 fox36
  • renton
    Free Member

After getting far too much mud in my eyes the other day I’m looking at buying a mudguard/flap for my Fox36 fork.

It’s a 2020 fork and I think it has two bolt holes on the back of the fork bridge.

Any recommendations.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

RRP Bolt on.

singlespeedstu

RRP for full length.
    Syncros for short.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep. RRP bolt on. Shorter version. Long one can get a bit flappy in the rough stuff.

Edit after seeing above post from SSS. The shorter RRP I’m suggesting is still longer than the syncros or other mud flap types.

julians
    Free Member

I have the rrp proguard bolt on shorter mudguard, and the cable tie longer version on my two bikes.

Both work well, the bolt on is much neater

mashr

RRP bolt on would be my vote. Far cheaper than the Mojo equivalent too

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

RRP bolt on long.
    Doesn’t flap at all (you do have to do the bolts up surprisingly tight)

Supposedly the syncros one is useless

brads
    Free Member

RRP bolt on on mine.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Ordered the RRP bolt on mini

ta11pau1

RRP bolt on.

The big one, it’s nearly winter after all.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just be aware, there may be fit issues if the fork offset is particularly short

teethgrinder

Crud XL.
    Doesn’t use the bolt holes, but it’s brilliant. I can ride mud without fear of any of it going into my eyes and sticking to my contact lenses. Only wore Oakley’s again in the late spring until a few weeks ago as it doesn’t stop Kamikaze flies.

jam-bo

Just changed my standard RRP for the max version. Had picked up the standard version by mistake the first time.

Much better coverage on 29r wheels. Did a few test runs flat out through some deep puddles and nothing got through. Doesn’t seem to ‘flappy’

bikesandboots

The “long one” in cable tie form is the Max Protection, and the “long one” in bolt-on form is the Standard.

Mini = 388mm, bolt-on only
    Standard = ~500mm in both
    Max Protection = 582mm, cable tie only

BearBack
    Free Member

Much as I like Syncros product and have a syncros guard on most of our family forks, i actually managed to get a rock stuck between the fender and stanction. Happened the same crash I broke a wrist so killing my Kashima was the icing on the cake.
    The lack of seal coverage is a bit of an oversight and the 2021 fox 36/38 is a much better solution..
    Whilst it’s great to not have cable ties etc the Syncros is still mostly effective for damp conditions.
    That RRP guard looks ace as a winter guard and much better than the mudhugger I have on my hardtail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best mudguard/flap for 2020 fox36’ is closed to new replies.