Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone using a XO chainset??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone using a XO chainset??
  • proberts
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Merlin are doing these for £199 and I’m tempted to hit the button.
    Before I do what’s people’s experiences with these?

Thanks in advance, Paul

Swayndo
    Free Member

Really, really good Paul. I got one from Merlin before Christmas and would have another now if they were in stock in 170mm. I bought crankskins and the RF end bumpers to protect mine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hasn’t it got a weird BCD?

Tracey

Mine came as standard on my Enduro. Have had 12 months of use including 2 weeks in the Alps and have had no problems.

Northwind

Used mine briefly, it did nothing interesting really- was pretty and light and chainsetty. Took it off as it was too pretty for my bikes. Crankarms weigh almost exactly the same as XTR M970 and they seemed otherwise comparable too. Bloody stupid BB aside.

BCD depends on the spider- mine is standard/old but I think there’s wacky SRAM 2×10 BCD ones as well.

proberts
    Free Member

Button clicked now so I’ll have a look when it arrives!…cheers for your input guys!!

Paul

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’ve got an sram s2200 crankset, which is basically the same as the X0 except it came with a double ring and bash which is the usual 64/104 bcd. I think the X0 is double is a larger bcd but this can be swapped as the spider is held on by 3 bolts so if you fancy a change you can swap it out.

I also use the raceface rubber end caps.

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got the red/black version and its pretty awesome. I actually ordered and XX one 1st and sent it back as I didnt like the look/colour of it for my new build. :-)

c_klein87

i received one last week, comes with the weird spider with 104/64 bcd, not a world ender but they shouldn’t have a photo of the other version, joys of oem I guess

honourablegeorge

Was very keen on a DH one for my big bike, until I saw a selection of less than impressive breakage pics.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Love mine, bought a 2×10 and converted it to SS easy enough. BCD on mine is SRAMs weird 120, but you can get both direct drive chainrings and smaller 104BCD spiders for them. I was going to go down to 104BCD and bought a spider but haven’t used it and now sold.
    If you are SS’ing then a 36 or 37 T from Renthal will be required in 120BCD (or is it Reynolds?? Erm..) and either 19/20/21 to take you back to 32/18 ratios ( or close to it )

dantsw13

Mines 2 years old – GXP with Hope BB and adapter. Just changed the Granny Ring after 2 years use, including a trip to Morzine last year.

Loving it so far!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a XO chainset??’ is closed to new replies.