Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone try the new Howie’s bibs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone try the new Howie’s bibs?
  • FOG

I see Howie’s have a new version of their bib shorts. The old ones from a few years ago were very well thought of and I just wondered if these were as good. They look a bit short for my taste but that might be the model on the website being a lot taller and a lot more muscly than me

FOG

Clearly not, then! I think I will just stick to the various Castelli sales that seem to be on at the moment.

FOG

I’ll update my own thread. After much umming and aaring I bought some in the sale. Bearing in mind everybody’s differing opinions on shorts, I found the pad to be too spongy and not firm enough. The legs are as suspected, too short and I don’t have particularly long legs. The material feels good but the shoulder straps soon slip off. So all in all, I wish I had stuck to my guns and bought sale Castellis.

stumpy01

I’ll be honest, I thought Howie’s were no more….

They used to be mentioned all the time (especially on here) but never get talked about any more. I assumed they had slipped into non-existence.

I’ve got a nice windproof jacket of theirs which I picked up cheap but I like it so much I hate riding in it, in case I get it grubby 😆

EDITED to add that I just had a quick look on their site & the bib shorts do look pretty short!

jonwe
    Free Member

My old howies were great but have finally worn out so i went looking for some new ones. No sign of any on the web site now.

ratherbeintobago

I used to really like their printed T-shirts but there’s none of them either.

Speeder

Can only see socks in the biking section. My guess is that they love cycling and see the fit with the brand but struggle to shift it because either the styling is off or the recognition’s not there.

I’ve got a great pair of the old seamless bibs for the once in a decade times I go out on the road and they’re lovely. Did buy them in a sale though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.