Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone not donating to Pakistan?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Anyone not donating to Pakistan?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe he's married to Melanie Phillips?

Lovely woman.

Whose books, incidentally, are for sale on the BNP's Excalibur merchandise website.

Which is kind of odd, considering she's Jewish….

Daffy

Anyone not donating to Pakistan?

I'm not, but not for the reasons of terrorism and so forth.

I only make charitable donations once per year at Christmas. I set aside £500 and will doll it out to the charities that have caught my eye through the year.

WWF, Save The Rainforest, The British Red Cross, and Macmillan Cancer were the beneficiaries last year.

Peace and goodwill and all that…

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm not, but largely though apathy and not being aware of a specific appeal.
    Oh, and there's nothing charitable about donating to the RNLI, Air ambulance, or mountain rescue, it's just a travel insurance policy payment by another name.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can't help noticing how many intelligent and well thought out comments there are on this thread. But for me the prize goes to this one :

Shibboleth – Member

I'm not. Nature has a habit of sending these 'disasters' to redress the balance. Sending money just prolongs the inevitable.

Absolutely spot on Shibboleth. These people need to die, and sending money just prolongs the inevitable. Perhaps we could help to speed things up by bombing the area.

It's about time we accepted that not everyone has a right to life……..certain people, because of their race, religion, or culture, are better dead.

So thanks for pointing that out Shibboleth.

It's just a shame that 70 years ago Adolf Hitler got so much stick for saying precisely the same thing.

grumm
    Free Member

Actually Ernie its from her own experience with these people and their values. Her mother lives next door to a eduacated Pakistani family. at 2300 hrs her mother was unwell from an operation and went to bed. The Pakistani family wanted permission to use the garage as a platform for their house/roof repair. So when they rang an elderly ill woman at 2330 at night and she did not get up and answer the door they kicked it down.

A neighbour called the police and arrested the middle class Pakistani family.

And if white people had done this presumably this would be compelling evidence that all white people are all bastards?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe they were concerned for the old woman's well-being, and kicked the door in because they felt it was an emergency?

Sorry, but find all that a bit dubious, I'm afraid to say.

My experience of Pakistani people has helped me to not be racist. But there you go.

zokes
    Free Member

Blimey, over 40 posts on a topic like this before Goodwin's Law is invoked. What's STW coming to?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Oh I missed that post, now I definitely won't be donating, as I've been told that their food smells funny too.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

No not all them are but the list goes on and on grum.

I'm only stating why she won't donate and its her choice and to disagree with their ideals and values of intolerance has made her intolerant of the values not the people as she will not bow down to sharia law.

Personally I am not bothered by any colour or creed or religion but I had to question it myself should I donate-which I did on my £5 paypal account which is not alot just to prove that when ppl are suffering I don't care about their values but she's in a huff now anyway.

U31
    Free Member

I'm not racist, there so many reasons to hate people, so whats the point of cutting down your demographic by concentrating on skin colour! 😛

lalazar
    Free Member

Here here chaps Ime an avid MTB'er , work in the plumbing trade , and am a qualified CTC trail instructor whose been following STW for years. But guess what Ive got a thwacking great big beard , am a Muslim and of Pakistani origin.
    Contrary to popular belief Muslims do go biking , they also have cars and TV,s.
    Wake up my fellow biking bretheren Pakistan is a nation dominated by about 20 feudal families the likes of the Bhuttos , Zardaris and Choudry groups. Ever noticed how civilian govt's in Pakistan bounce between these groups or the army ?
    Ever wondered why Benazir at the behest of the Western govt's was brought back as the sacrificial lamb ? How come somebody like Imran Khan is not encouraged or supported by the west ? Benazir Bhutto and her husband ransacked Pakistan lining their own pockets and building a property empire abroad. Yet she's always made to look like the heroin of Pakistan. But defying all odds her husband a known criminal in exile manages to manipulate his way into power.

If your basing your opinions from info off the net ie Wikipedia then please don't it's not as simple as that.

Pakistan is still a country full of great people and a rich culture and great riding , probably more singletrack than anywhere. Unfortunatly most of those people are the poor with no voice and no social standing. They are the ones today who are dying , and have suffered the brunt of this disaster. Just bear in mind do you think that anybody asked them wether Pakistan needs nukes ?

nonk
    Free Member

oh look some sense.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh no we can't have that on here now, can we?

Where's Shibboleth gone? 🙄

U31
    Free Member

Nice one, Lalazar!

I still aint donating though… 😛

Frankenstein
    Free Member

lalazar that is what I have said to her that you can't label people but it is true the country is corrupt as hell and only the poor people are suffering yet they still voted the President in!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I'm not I have other causes close to my heart that I donate to close to home, and I am not about to give to a relief fund when I have no idea how the money will be spent and if it ever gets to the people in desperate need or into the hands of a corrupt organisation or terrorist group.

iDave
    Free Member

I'd struggle to stay married to someone with such retarded, ignorant opinions, not that I'd marry them in the first place

U31
    Free Member

Some of us cant help being Alpha males, Dave, and how dare you judge Lalazar so harshly, i thought his post was very succinct and erudite

nonk
    Free Member

😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

leffeboy

cynic-al – Member
    U31, they may, just may, not all be like that.

and indeed they aren't. IIRC the salary at the very top of a typical small ngo (say 6 million) is probably around that of a doctor. The rest of the staff are unlikely to be at even close to that.

In the end you (whoever, not specifically you cynic-al) have to decide if you agree with the cause and believe that the organisation can actually deliver what they say they are going to do rather than having glossy brochures, employ chuggers etc. If you believe that the folks in Pakistan need help and that charity 'x' can do something there when the the government isn't – then go for it. If you don't then give your money to something closer to home that you can see. If you require that the charity adhere to your idea of a top salary then you will rarely give and never to the Red Cross 🙂

lalazar
    Free Member

Please Frankenstein wake up he wasn't voted in he assumed power.
    Elections in most third world countries don't work like GB. Your told who to vote for and you do it if you know what's good for you.

I do accept your point though about the behaviour of some Pakistanis but there's also a flip side to that. I've had some real chavs move in across the road a few weeks back and they weren't letting anyone have any peace due to all night MCing. Do I now take them as representatives of the White community on the whole or accept that within a cross section of every group out there people like this exist. So if I deal with them does that make me a P@&! B&£@!?).

U31
    Free Member

So if I deal with them does that make me a P@&! B&£@!?)

Thin ice mate, in an ideal world it makes you a good neighbour, but due to your ethnicity, i make you right, In the chavs eyes you would be that "effin ****.." and if you do tackle the problem you'll set yourself up for victimisation..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I knew there were some unpleasant thick bigots on this forum but they have excelled on this thread.

U31
    Free Member

Anyone in mind with that statement Jeremey?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If the cap fits wear it.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thats what I have said to her lalazar -you can't label all as there is good and bad in any population.

But I did donate to Red Cross appeal by paypal so she wouldn't check my card statement! 😉

But wake up? maybe the people of Pakistan should wake up and stand up! even if violence is threatening you to vote for him if they all stood together but it doesn't happen as they want it enough. 😡

Maybe the way the country has caused and handled this flood will make them change their country for the better but I doubt it.

Personally I think it's sh**ty that you have nothing left, home gone flood water and disease spreading and nobody gives a crap.

U31
    Free Member

Loads the bullet but unwilling to fire the gun?

lalazar
    Free Member

Let's hope for te better then fella.

lalazar
    Free Member

Not really U31 problem is dealt with haven't heard from the again.

U31
    Free Member

Seize your chance, Lalazar… Unlike Jeremy, i doubt the posters on this thread are actually racist, merely uneducated to the situation, and as the posts above show you are in an almost unique position to understand and therefore explain the facts.

Turned in to great thread BTW

Good news on the scum neighbours too, out of interest did you intervene or was it a community effort?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

knew there were some unpleasant thick bigots on this forum but they have excelled on this thread.

Thank you! 😀

Fascist…

cynic-al
    Free Member
    U31
    Free Member

Theres a bit of sick in my mouth now

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

The Middle East and Southern Asia is not my business. I'm not donating.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

"Ebony & Ivory living in perfect harmony"

@cynic-al -If only that was true around the world it would be great! 😀

I think the Taliban would shoot Paul Macca on sight and after scratching their puzzled heads Stevie Wonder would be gunned down next! 😆

U31
    Free Member

I'd actually PAY them to take out Macca…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think the Taliban would shoot Paul Macca on sight

After hearing The Frog Song, I wouldn't say that's at all unreasonable.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The Middle East and Southern Asia is not my business. I'm not donating.

Where does one draw the line?

Kuco

Think most people would shoot Macca on sight and imo wouldn't be soon enough.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Anyone not donating to Pakistan?’ is closed to new replies.