Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • njee20
    Free Member

I’m hardly alone in that, it’s a moronic statement!

It’s nothing to do with any ‘allegience’ to BM, there’s a lot of evidence that says Dan is not IWH, and several other people have observed as much.

njee20
    Free Member

Edit: Lots of posts, random!

njee20
    Free Member

Edit: multiple post, stupid computer!

Drac

And now it would seem that the shock RRR received did not come from Sea Otter at all, so is he still an honest person then RRR?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

UPDATE on the shock:

I’ve just had half an hour on the phone with Balfa. … turns out that going on the air can’s serial number it is indeed most likely about 18 months old, not new.

Also it turns out that the coil shock with Ti spring would be better suited to my kind of riding and is approx the same weight as the air can.

As such I’m not really any better off, although I’m not worse off either.

It also turns out that the air can on a FOES 4X is tuned totally different to that on the FXR (despite being same size) so I’ve still got to stump up £100 to get it working properly… and also have a spare steel coil shock tuned for someone at 240lbs that despite being worth £400 will be virtually impossible to sell…

So.. no, I’ve still been fibbed too haven’t I, despite not being ripped off as such..

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

…however, like some other people (and despite the fibs) I still don’t believe IWH ever started out with the intention of scamming people….

sc-xc

Just read the BM thread. I am concerned that these people have access to the internet.

You shouldn’t spend £450 if you can’t afford to lose it? I’ve read some shite in my time…

Drac

…however, like some other people (and despite the fibs) I still don’t believe IWH ever started out with the intention of scamming people….

Sorry it would seem he deliberately lied to you about the shock though, you’ve received one that is no use to you and not what you paid for. Why not just give you the cash back.

MrAgreeable

it’s a moronic statement!

Yeah, I’m sure that will be obvious to anyone who’s had no contact with the guy until he started posting on this thread. 🙄

Have to agree with you about the STW vs BM thing though. It’s a bit like watching the Chess Club have a fight with the Dungeons and Dragons Society. 🙂

davidrussell
    Free Member

dungeons and dragons wins surely?

higgo
    Free Member

Have to agree with you about the STW vs BM thing though. It’s a bit like watching the Chess Club have a fight with the Dungeons and Dragons Society.

Genuine ‘Laugh out loud’ here!
    Spot on.

Drac
    xc-steve
    Free Member

Still least we’re better than Southern Downhill! 😯

MrAgreeable

Better at what? Riding bikes? Grammar? Pedantry? 🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

…linking to amusing photos……..

hora
    Free Member

No offence to BM, I cant the forum/use it. The layout is very old-school forum-stylee?!

grumm
    Free Member

Extraordinary defense of IWH just posted on BikeMagic:

We know Wit was working in the US so is almost certainly not illegible for earnings related unemployment benefit and has been hit harder and sooner than most. There are other BM members that are currently jobless and struggling to make ends meet – victims of economic realities. Wit’s plight is a symptom of that economic reality and some of those screaming for blood on the other channel could well end up in the same mire before long.

I’m following all this with interest and hope that Wit does manage to sort it out and also hopefully resumes posting here. I have only one certainty when it comes to Wit, he loves bikes.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – Member
    Have to agree with you about the STW vs BM thing though. It’s a bit like watching the Chess Club have a fight with the Dungeons and Dragons Society.

Now why does that statement remind me of this video? (naughty grown up content!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyxnEKTjhj0

jojoA1
    Free Member

‘scuse me guys, can we put this thread to rest? It’s in danger of eclipsing my ‘Mugshots’ thread for length and longevitiy, and I can’t have that!! 😉

MrAgreeable

I’m not really any better off, although I’m not worse off either.

How so? You’re going to have to spunk another £100 getting the thing set up. That’s assuming you want to run an air shock at all. It’s probably a weirdy Foes-specific one, so it’ll be difficult to sell. And IWH’s insurance company may be interested in it too.

hora
    Free Member

Wit’s plight

😕 ❓

njee20
    Free Member

Oh dear! What a situation.

hora
    Free Member

We know Wit was working in the US so is almost certainly not illegible for earnings related unemployment benefit and has been hit harder and sooner than most. There are other BM members that are currently jobless and struggling to make ends meet – victims of economic realities. Wit’s plight is a symptom of that economic reality and some of those screaming for blood on the other channel could well end up in the same mire before long.

So he used the money to sustain/keep food in him? Don’t thieves do that as well? You know, steal to stop themselves from going hungry etc. I.e. theres a basic need there. 😕

Basic premise for being honest/law abiding is not to steal from others. How can you defend that?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Riiiiight. Anyone can lose their job and have to scam people on the internet to make ends meet.

I tell you what, if I lose my job I shall be giving hand relief with sound effects round the back of Asda on Friday nights rather than selling imaginary bicycle parts. There’s more dignity in it.

🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

So which are we, the chess club or d&d?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Deffo D&D MrsF. You can be our elf sorceress. And we have plenty of trolls. 😉

alpin
    Free Member

@ BigDummy. not speaking from experience or anything here but, wear surgical gloves.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

How so? You’re going to have to spunk another £100 getting the thing set up. That’s assuming you want to run an air shock at all. It’s probably a weirdy Foes-specific one, so it’ll be difficult to sell. And IWH’s insurance company may be interested in it too.

Well I ain’t terribly happy either – I really wanted a nice Ti coil. re the service charge I was going to have to pay to service the coil shock anyways unfortunately..

grievoustim
    Free Member

if there was a fight it would be the kind that involved lots of pushing and shoving, anorak hoods being grabbed and a “no faces” rule

MrAgreeable

BD, I like the sound effects idea. Can you do me a “Boooo-ooo-oooing!” followed by a sad trombone?

hora
    Free Member

wear surgical gloves? Well he cant wear a mask otherwise punters will think hes worried about swine flu and he wont be able to ‘operate’ his services correctly? 😐

druidh
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – tromboning is extra.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

‘Chess Club’??
    ‘Dungeons and Dragons’???
    ‘Better layout/more useable’????
    ‘My dad is bigger than your dad and could beat your dad up easy’?????

Get a grip and grow up. IWH has been dishonest and needs to sort everything out – everything else is pathetic! STW v BM ?? How old are you, FFS. 🙄

higgo
    Free Member

Dan (who is defintely not IWH) said… Well I ain’t terribly happy either – I really wanted a nice Ti coil.

Then return the air shock (which may or may not be owned by an insurance company anyway), tell him to stick it and demand either a nice Ti coil or your money back.

Good luck.

mrsflash
    Free Member

elf sorceress

coooooool 😆

mrman
    Free Member

xc steve, dont start on SDH they are a lot tougher than the XCers here, plus some of them smoke so they must be a lot older too

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I think RRR needs an hardtail. Just think of all the hastle you would have saved!

Houns

So there’s this girl i like at the gym i go to……………………

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

😆

pimpmyride
    Free Member

SDH are a nice bunch, bought my 2nd set of Pikes off there and guess what?? they turned up 🙂
    But then they didn’t fit because I didn’t include spacers when measuring 🙁
    I’m not doing very well am I? but hey ho just bought my 3rd set from user noidea with a 210mm steerer so 3rd time lucky 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.