Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • anyone got a brown car ?
  • nedrapier

I just dug this out of the car we had for 8 months in BC. I remembered it being browner.

baby poo? sunny delight and beetroot baby poo, maybe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id have this though.

or that

MikeG

We had one of these as the family car when I was about 13, I eventually learnt to drive in it.

I had a Vauxhall Nova the same colour as sundayjumpers carlton up there as my first car as well.

possibly explains why I don’t mind brown bar tape…..

DezB
    Free Member

@mattoutandabout – really? you were ashamed of the Princess?? I think we had a tan Maxi at about that time. Company car… We thought it was fab!

donald
    Free Member

I had one of these in 1970

Admittedly it was made by Dinky.

iainc

Cougar – Moderator
    agreed, but they said that about white cars, what, 5 or 6 years ago, and they still seem to be most popular colour for new ones…
    Surely the most popular colour is silver? I’ve been looking at new cars lately and the colour choice is invariably one each of white, black, blue, red, and 37 different variations of metallic grey. It’s like we’ve turned into a nation of John Majors.

totally agree on the :

white, black, blue, red, and 37 different variations of metallic grey

based on our wanderings of showrooms and forecourts in recent weeks. That’s what is probably giving the thought of something a bit different 🙂 Having been driving a ‘space grey’ estate for 4 yrs, and a ‘indigo blue’ one for the same before that, I thought different would be good, and I don’t really like black or white.

Brown though…… we’ll see !

bikebouy
    Free Member

Both these look Ace, IMO.

When my XC60’s up for renewal, I might get get the new gen X1.. dans brun.

iainc

could be very like this :

matt_outandabout

*adds bikebouy to the list*

SaxonRider

Grew up with one of these babies:

only more beige-y.

Consequently, I fully approve of brown cars.

wwaswas

could be very like this :

that’s just a beach with very uniformly coloured stones on it?

spectabilis
    Free Member

My T25 will be getting brown lace stripes soon, if that counts.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Actually, I’d drive this until the tyres exploded.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

I’ve got a brown car…………..it actually says beige on the V5 😕

CountZero

The Capri and the Range Rover aren’t really brown, they’re a shade of gold or bronze, to be a proper brown the colour really has to be a flat colour, not metallic.
    The Princess in Matt’s photo above is, I understand, commonly known as ‘baby-shit brown’.
    I used to drive my dad’s Volvo 244 GL, which was a fetching shade of dark brown; I tended to ‘drive it like I stole it’, fairly safe in the knowledge that nobody would notice a dark brown featureless box on wheels. 😉

tomhoward

The first car I remember the mother having was a brown metro.

Don’t get that.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Love the Grinall….

markcurtains
    Free Member

hate the received wisdom that you must buy a certain colour in order for resale value. It’s basically a handful of car journos telling everyone what to think, the same as how if you’re selling your house, it MUST be magnolia as the stupidd buyers won’t be able to imagine anything if it’s not magnolia. Brown cars look fine and you’ll stand out from the sea of silver and white cars.

Having said that, bikebouy – X1s are awful, get another XC60 😉

revs1972
    Free Member

Im team brown all the way (metallic toffee brown don’t you know) 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

We had one of these in this colour. You couldn’t see the brown from the inside.

Unless it had the matching brown interior, which it did.

garage-dweller

If it helps OP any metallic brown car is referred to in our house as “dog poo by moonlight”.

I am not exactly at the cutting edge of fashion though 😀

Tonprove the point … I’ve owned one brown/beige car – a Triumph Acclaim with a brown interior. This will give you a clue just how 8) I have been.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well the scimitar makes the brown look good

Vw less so

iainc

well, I must thank STW again, resourceful in not only bike fettling guidance, health issues and general life, but in showing my loved ones the cruel reality of life with a jobby coloured car 🙂

They have relented and it will not be brown !

kcal

I learnt to drive in an Allegro estate. It was brown / beige..

just like this.

Then dad got a red one – height of radical chic..

mudshark
    Free Member

Yeah brown

matt_outandabout

Further to my Austin Princess exterior shots, I would like to share these with you. I do remember he rear seat being huuuuuuuge, especially as the previous cars had been a Renault 4 and Fiat Amiga, with three of us in the back.

Check out the carpet.

gonzy
    Free Member

i work in higher education philanthropy…one of our donors who owned a company that is a bit of a household name and he has significant wealth…he drives a chocolate brown rolls royce phantom…its absolutely gopping

hopkinsgm

No longer mine unfortunately…

Daffy

My old one:

Tracey

Front half of our camper is brown

Daffy

Nice reg plate.

DezB
    Free Member

They have relented and it will not be brown !

Aah! Shame. I bet it was the Beetle on the first page that did it. Actually looks like a slimy poo that one.

iainc

^^^ I think it took most of the first page to get them to see the light 🙂

In the epitome of of current car blandness I have just ordered one in grey 🙂

kayak23

I had a brown Z900. Does that count?

unovolo
    Free Member

Wouldn’t catch me dead in this;-)
    [Img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FWIhn3lW4ew/TVANTh7xmqI/AAAAAAAAAtQ/i-OyGpdu_zE/s1600/brown+911+turbo.jpg[/img]

M6TTF
    Free Member

Brown cars rock

alanw2007

Only possibly acceptable if you are The Fall Guy

Otherwise, no. Never.

IainAhh
    Free Member

Just past a new fancy jag in Tesco car.
    My 8 year old daughter remarked.
    “would you like a metallic poop coloured car?”
    I had to laugh thinking of this thread.

n.b. There was no mention of it being a nice car or anything.

spooky_b329

When we were my wife was looking at Civics, we saw a deep metallic golden brown one, I thought it looked lovely, deep and glossy.

I asked the dealer about it just to wind her up, as we were struggling, unsurprisingly, to find the higher spec she wanted in the budget ‘Milano red’, essentially a downgraded paint finish.

Surprisingly, he tried to put me off by saying how hard they were to sell, and how much he had to stake off the screen price on the last one, I’m standing there nodding and thinking there must be a good deal coming, meanwhile my wife was walking back to the our car!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sort of Brown, more “textured like Sun”

New Audi Q2..

Which (along with the new X1 I posted) looks nice IMO.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a brown car ?’ is closed to new replies.