Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • anyone got a brown car ?
  • iainc

following recent threads, will be ordering a new car in next few days and surprised that mrs iainc and juniors reckon that jobby ‘java brown’ is the ‘cool colour’ to have now.

I have always associated brown with beige and grandparents 🙂

Looking around it does, indeed, seem to be a growing trend…..not sure I am ready to embrace that yet !

so who has a brown car, and let’s see it in its turd resembling grandness … 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Does it have a vinyl roof?

iainc

^^^ 🙂 err, no…

johndoh
    Free Member

Sundayjumper

Are you leasing ? If so, knock yourself out.

If it’s your own money bear in mind you’ll get f$%k*d at sale / trade-in time as it’ll be horribly unfashionable by then.

iainc

^^yeah, it’s on a PCP so will be handing it back after 4 yrs.

That Capri is quite retro cool 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

The only brown car I’d drive is this –

NZCol

I looked at one in a Volvo garage at the weekend.
    Just looked like a massive metallic jobbie.

phiiiiil

A friend of mine has one; we all call it the poo car. Ours is a sophisticated form of humour.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Kojak?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I had a shite brown Daf33 variomatic back in the late 80s- I bought it for the novelty value as it was so uncool (and only £100)
    Nowadays … Nah but having said that I though white was so cool mid eighties and then very uncool up until recently and I would consider one

Brown? Nope

trail_rat
    Free Member

i saw a metalic brown berlingo and thought …. nice colour.

I saw the self same car resplendant in road grime and it looked like a giant turd.

I wouldn’t buy one because i never clean my cars 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

I had an old Peugeot 306 that was described as metallic brown but just looked light gold to me.

verses

My first car was a poo brown Opal Ascona, with complimentary camel-diarrhoea brown interior. Lovely…

EDIT: Much like this;

smokey_jo

Had one of these as my first car

wwaswas

Brown makes even a Daytona look dull. Don’t do it.

RustySpanner

No!

iainc

yes, keep ’em coming so I can send her this thread 🙂

wwaswas

Java Brown:

ste_t
    Free Member

Sales of brown cars are in massive decline – it was ‘retro,’ it came back, it’s dead.

Guaranteed to make any car look like shit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You’re getting a new car Iain, you never said 🙂

Roll on 2020 when the whole ‘what car’ thing starts again.

Anyway is brown not the new white?

This is the only brown vehicle I’d consider

br
    Free Member

Friends always referred to my car as beige:

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/25047/MV6_1.jpg

Rockape63
    Free Member

A ‘friend’ has one of these in this colour!

sandwicheater

I like crappy colours such as the OP’s, means cheaper cars for me down the line. Currently rocking a gold car. Makes me sick just to look at it but saved a fair chunk when we got it.

iainc

you see, I think that Range Rover colour is actually really nice…maybe I am a lost cause 🙂

My current car is grey, previous was dark blue….

ElShalimo

Does baby pooh brown count?
    Not mine but I saw it recently in Hebden Bridge.

alanf
    Free Member

Parents had one of these only the 2 door version.
    It was a tank and I first started driving in it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

you see, I think that Range Rover colour is actually really nice…maybe I am a lost cause

Its very fashionable, but like anything very fashionable, it will go out of fashion and then people will laugh at it!

iainc

agreed, but they said that about white cars, what, 5 or 6 years ago, and they still seem to be most popular colour for new ones…

Cougar

My grandad had a “Russett Brown” Austin Allegro. Which says all I need to know about brown cars.

He reckoned it would hide the dust and dirt. In hindsight, I think they just put too many letters in ‘russett’.

Cougar

agreed, but they said that about white cars, what, 5 or 6 years ago, and they still seem to be most popular colour for new ones…

Surely the most popular colour is silver? I’ve been looking at new cars lately and the colour choice is invariably one each of white, black, blue, red, and 37 different variations of metallic grey. It’s like we’ve turned into a nation of John Majors.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

johndoh

Oi! I had that car as a teen in the early 1980’s and it’s bronze, not brown. It’s a fine example of the classic Ford Capri mark II. I had a much nicer, wider set of wheels on mine (but no furry dice).

However, brown cars do always make me think of the Austin All-Aggro which my dad showed an interest in when i was living back at home.

We persuaded him against it and got a nice mk III 2L Cortina instead.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perhaps iainc could change his username to geneh?

DezB
    Free Member

The brown car of choice

chakaping
    Free Member

Had one of these as my first car

Snap!

1.3 litres of twin-choke carb understeer mayhem.

Sundayjumper

Ooh, I forgot that I once had a brown car. A MkII Vauxhall Carlton saloon. I had it when I first met me wife. And yet she still went out with me.

It was like this:

And I lusted to lust after a Senator. True luxury !

matt_outandabout

@DezB – that was my childhood that was. Stolen from me, hiding out of sight of friends, in the back of an Austin Princess HLS in this striking and memorable colourway. 😐

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I have always associated brown with beige and grandparents…let’s see it in its turd resembling grandness…

TedC

@DezB – that was my childhood that was. Stolen from me, hiding out of sight of friends, in the back of an Austin Princess HLS in this striking and memorable colourway

The delightful “Harvest Gold”, aka crapatini brown, my first car was a mini clubman estate in that fetching shade…sadly no vinyl roof for me.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I previously had a brown 1990 Ford Fiesta named “Jobby”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a brown car ?’ is closed to new replies.