• This topic has 111 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Anyone else's football team got promoted yet?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Ecstatic Pompey fan here! 😀

RustySpanner

Amazed Sheff U fan here.

Couldn’t have faced another play off tbh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

by the weekend hopefully, knew I should have bet against them winning the title. Congrats the Brighton though and Chris H doing a great job.

sadexpunk

lincoln nearly over the finish line. last 2 games theyve been behind in last couple of minutes and scored two very late goals to win both matches. yesterdays goals were 89th and 90+3 i think in a game where they played sh1t and never looked like scoring. without those 6 points itd be a bit squeaky bum time, tranmere must be gutted 😀

muggomagic

Brighton supporter here and pretty bloody chuffed.

theotherjonv

Well done Brighton. My third team really (after Reading, my home town club and Newcastle – my Grandad’s team and he used to be a fan and take me in the 70’s and early 80’s; my Dad’s from Worthing but he was never really a fan although my uncle was/is, so they come third after the Toon)

It’s a bit odd therefore that my 3 teams are now 3,2,1 in the Championship and all rivals!!

I can’t see Newcastle muffing it completely and if they do i think Huddersfield would be the ones to take advantage, but we’ve managed to (Norwich excepted) find a means of getting good results from not great performances including beating two of our rivals (Weds and Dirty Leeds) recently, and our last three games could conceivably be worth 9 points yet.

But i suspect it’ll be playoffs. I’ve been to every one we’ve made and left disappointed. I’m not going this year, whatever…….

DavidB
    Free Member

STFC follower here will be waving at CaptJon on the way down

yossarian
    Free Member

OUFC fan here. ^^^ lol at STFC 😀

Well done to Brighton, Pompey and The Blades. Must say that Wilder has done an excellent job and you look well equiped to compete in the champsionship.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Dropped out of playoffs 🙁 now need the dog botherers and/or wendies to do us a favour AND to win all our remaining games. Tall order I think . Oh well there’s always next season, but tbh if you’d told me las August that the lowest we could finish was seventh I’d have bitten your hands off

Fingers crossed Cellino will do one this summer as promised

zinaru
    Free Member

hibees!

sierrakilo
    Free Member

I think that my team were first to be promoted at the Amex stadium……

25th april 2015 with a two nil win

retrobri
    Free Member

Not yet.currently in play off place (Reading), we’ll see how that goes!

well done to the other clubs promoted though…even Pompey!

loughor
    Free Member

Quite the opposite

loughor
    Free Member

Swansea boy coming to terms with inevitable relegation

johndoh
    Free Member

Dropped out of playoffs

But Fulham do look to have a trickier run-in.

Although on present form, we wouldn’t make it through the play-offs anyway. Thoroughly spoiled my day out with my family did yesterday’s combination of results.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Not just present form 😉 playoffs have never been good for us

Caher

Watching Reading’s progress too – fingers crossed.

fatoldgit

Fingers crossed Cellino will do one this summer as promised

+1 for this

BUT

3 wins and it is the play offs for us as Fulham and Wednesday play each other so cant both get max points.

In other news , Pigs are flying , so am not holding much hope 🙄

M.O.T

PMK2060

Rotherham fan here so opposite end of the table.

johndoh
    Free Member

playoffs have never been good for us

Yeah – let’s forget what happened 30 years ago – play-offs and FA Cup semi…

😥

MOT

whytelightning

Yes my team was promoted from League 2 a week before yours! Haven’t visited Fratton Park yet but depending on the date of the fixture I might next season.

muggomagic

As a brighton supporter, Pompey away has always been an “experience”. I love going to fratton park, just a shame its full of Pompey 🙂

the-muffin-man

Derby should have been contenders again – but we bottled it – again!

beaker

As per Sadexpunk above. Genuinely happy Imp here, not there yet but nearly.

mrmoofo

Brighton fan … and very chuffed

ticsmon

Did you all them Brighton fans celebrating beating 2013 F.A cup champions Wigan.

stupot
    Free Member

Fellow Pompey fan, happy days! Its felt like a bit of a slog. ….PUP

curto80
    Free Member

All these Skates celebrating being back in league 1. Lolz.

frankconway

Newcastle but they’re making hard work of it……..

mccraque

Brighton Fan…. Hungover. Still.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Should have been play-off contenders but now relegation is more likely, hopefully good old Harry Redknapp is gonna save us.

curto80
    Free Member

A warm welcome to the Seagulls to the big time.

Looking forward to a proper south coast derby in your top class stadium. Been a long time since that amazing day at the Theatre of Trees.

mccraque

I am surprised that the away fans could even see the pitch at the theatre of trees! It was miles away!

curto80
    Free Member

That’s true. Jose Fonte had to run about 50 yards from the goal line to jump into the crowd to celebrate that last minute winner. And I smashed up my knee cap on the weird seats.

muggomagic

Best facilities in English football then.
    How many other clubs had a hammer net, sand pit and steeplechase hurdles?

squealer
    Free Member

Yep, hereford fc fan here.

curto80
    Free Member

And people who’d just turned up for their Saturday afternoon gym session with a view of the pitch from the treadmill.

muggomagic

Watching the people work out was often more interesting than the football back then though.

curto80
    Free Member

Ha ha. The only time I went was when we ruined your champions party but you boys seemed pretty happy with Poyet that season at least.

muggomagic

That was when it was good. Saying that we did have some good times there under Mickey Adams, Peter Taylor and Mark McGee.
    Looking forward to the fixtures coming out and seeing when we play Palace, Saints and Bournemouth

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's football team got promoted yet?’ is closed to new replies.