• This topic has 111 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Anyone else's football team got promoted yet?
  • theotherjonv

Haha, never heard of the Theatre of Trees before but that sums it up perfectly.

rascal
    Free Member

Another Swansea Jack here.
    The trapdoor beckons…as does the same slide through the divisions last time we dropped out of the top flight, though I would love to be wrong 😕

muggomagic

I really hope Swansea stay up. I had it in my head that a weekend away to watch Brighton Swansea plus a trip to Afan and Wind Street

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Bolton fan. On the brink but I reckon we’ll bottle it.

clipper247
    Free Member

Another Imp, exiled down south. Been a fantastic season, now we just need to get across the line……

TheFlyingOx

Happy Sheffield United fan here. Don’t get much chance to see them, what with living in deepest darkest Fife but it’s nice to hear their exploits over the wireless. When we can get reception.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Newcastle fan here. They are making hard work of it though. Glad in a way for Chris and Brighton. Always thought he did a good job with the toon and was treated pretty poorly.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Fair play to the blades. Thought we might catch you a few weeks back but we choked as per usual.

You’re looking good for 100 points now.

theotherjonv

Hats off to Chris Duggan. I’m sure the Brighton fans on here are proper ones but I’m sure you’re also going to be frustrated by the difficulty in getting tickets next year when the plastics come out of the woodwork. Where were you when we were shit?

muggomagic

It happens. I know a few people that bought season tickets for our 1st season at the Amex that are Liverpool and spurs supporters. I think for them it was a chance to watch regular footbal don’t think they were that bothered about Brighton. Not many of them renewed it beyond the 2nd season there but I’m sure the uptake will be high again next season. Best thing for me though is when my 7 y/o daughter comes home from school and tells me all the boys in her class keep going on about Anthony Knockhaert. Makes me happy to think these kids will grow up supporting Brighton rather than Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

My English club Bolton are on course to cock it up. If we were already promoted I’d love to see fleetwood join us.
    My Scottish club Hibs won the championship 🙂

theotherjonv

Makes me happy to think these kids will grow up supporting Brighton rather than Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.

I think at birth you should have the town of your birth tattooed under your arm.

Then when you go into SportsDirect and ask for the new Manchester Utd 3rd Kit for use in Europe only on a Thursday though, unless there’s a full moon….. the assistant can look under your arm and hand you the team you’ve been assigned by birthright 😉

I guess upon receipt in triplicate of a full dossier about why you are to be allowed other clubs (eg: three prior generations of supporters; grandad used to manage them, etc.) then a second or even third club could be added to the list.

Because they’ve won the league 5 times in the last 8 years, have a rich Russian bankrolling them and have everyone that can kick a ball properly from here to Timbuktoo in their squad will not be considered suitable justification.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    ChuckMorris
    Free Member

44 is no age. Scary when you think he’s looked after himself all his life.

muggomagic

Bloody hell. I saw that he was in hospital after collapsing. Such a shame.

muggomagic

Here’s hoping we can clinch the championship tonight, but seeing as most of our players have been on the piss all week and Norwich have a point to prove after we smashed them 5-0 earlier in the season, I’m not holding out much hope.

beaker

Good effort Lincoln! We’re up!

sadexpunk

Yessssssss

john_drummer
    Free Member

Two games to go, three points and one place outside the playoffs 🙁

mathematically still possible but the fat lady is most definitely warming up

MOT

CaptJon
    Free Member

At this rate Pompey are going to win the league!

theotherjonv

seems like there’s been a moratorium among the Ch playoff contenders to keep it open till the last day!

eskay

Not promotion but looks like Bristol City are pretty much safe now.

steveoath
    Free Member

Greenock Morton – playoffs guaranteed. So two games to go, then the prospect of 6 games over 4 days or something equally stupid to gain promotion…. not happening though as we are utter muck just now.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Leeds seem to have forgotten which way is forward.

yossarian
    Free Member

I see Sw•ndon have been relegated.

What a tremendous shame.

😆 😆 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think we are still 1pt short in the north east based on the other results and we play later.
    In other news Sunderland and boro look nailed to the bottom of the table

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And done, back up where we need to be and time to strengthen the squad in a few areas, I’d expect some big changes.

rascal
    Free Member

Not a promotion, but a brill Swans away win yesterday coupled with Palace smashing Hull today means we get another season in the top flight which I’m pretty chuffed about. Jack Army!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Got a little closer today

theotherjonv

decent result at the Cottage yesterday, particularly after our last trip there.

Now to do the second bit on Tuesday night.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

As above, Reading getting closer

I think it’ll be us or Fulham for the prem

Will be something of a tough season if we go up

chestrockwell

As usual my boys, Leeds United stuffed it up. Even so it was a great season and refreshing to actually be in with a chance instead of the season being over before Christmas!

In better news, I am top of the STW fantasy league. Does that count? 😀

theotherjonv

goal to the good, 25 mins to play…… nails already bitten well down.

C’mon URZZZZZZ!!

Caher

Watching too, Fulham starting to come back into the game a bit more.

theotherjonv

not going to be an easy watch this.

and I don’t even really want to go up.

…. it’s Ali and Yann against Fulham at present

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Exactly this ^^^^^^.

Nearly went to the game, not sure if I’d prefer to be there or just keeping track through the BBC webby as I am

theotherjonv

Yann’s an absolute f**king beast tonight. There were a few, me included, unconvinced by him when he joined but by heck he’s won us round.

theotherjonv

at least i’ve got sky…….

theotherjonv

I’m not going to the final though. Been 3 times, never been lucky.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member 
    I’m not going to the final though. Been 3 times, never been lucky.

Yeah, stay away!

We’ll be favourites this time and the big Wembley pitch should suit us

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's football team got promoted yet?’ is closed to new replies.