• This topic has 111 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Anyone else's football team got promoted yet?
  • theotherjonv

In fairness, I never win my bets so that result is entirely down to the cash i just ‘wasted’ on my Fulham to win in 90 minutes bet earlier.

retrobri
    Free Member

Great win for Reading last night and a cracking atmosphere in the mad stad, Sore head today! Great prep for lakes this weekend 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Watched the Reading game last night. Was struck by the acres of blue plastic. Fans or empty seats? Couldn’t tell.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theotherjonv

hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha

No really. Got any others? Tinpot, try that one.

weeksy

Was a great atmosphere I have to say last night. My 8 year old loved it!

Was a few empty seats in 1 corner, but that’s it.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

One step closer. Unbelievable over 2 legs for both games!!

http://bbc.in/2pXcJFy

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Amazing set of games

THURSDAY 18TH MAY 2017
    Exeter
    Carlisle
    (Agg 6-5)
    FT
    Luton
    Blackpool
    (Agg 5-6)
    FT

weeksy

Just booked Final tickets for Wembley in a week or so !

theotherjonv

So torn. Really want to go but have been 3 times and we’ve lost 3 times. Bolton back in the 90’s (2-0 up in 10 minutes, miss a penalty shortly after, I said to my Dad then ‘that’s it, we’ll lose it now’, and we did, 4-3 aet)

Losing to Walsall at the Millenium stadium when Wembley was being fixed (3-2 extra time)

and then cardiff 2011 – 3-0 down at half time, then we scored twice and hit the post before we ran out of legs and they got a fourth

So I’m unlucky, and have to stay away.

weeksy

Oh damn, you’re not great then !

My boy has seen Reading win most games, only Palace i think wasn’t a win. Liverpool games he’s 100%.

Will be interesting to see where his loyalty lies over time, Reading or Liverpool.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Football today 😥 Rugby yesterday 😆

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Anyone else going tomorrow?

Any terriers’s fans for a bit of banter?

C’mon u Urrrrrrrzzzzzz

theotherjonv

Nope. Banned for reasons above. Will be glued to TV

Still not sure I want to go up, and get our arses handed to us every week next year. Equally, if we don’t who do we lose in the summer, and does that list include Stam himself. Damned if you do…etc.

Can we win the game, take the £200 million and stay down?

Predictions? According to the press we haven’t got a hope, just as we didn’t have a hope of making the playoffs, or beating Fulham, so I’m going for 28-0 to Reading (Kermogant 14, Williams 6, Al-habsi 3- two from his own penalty area and one where he dribbles past everyone before kneeling down to head it in like at school, 5 own goals). Maybe Huddersfield will get one at the end and Jaap will go mental about failing to stay switched on.

weeksy

Yup, I’ll be there. Setting off at 10.30 for the train into Paddington!

weeksy

Well as both games were 1-0 in season, I’m going for 3-0 to Reading and a man of the match penalty save from al habsi.

My boy will be making his first trip to Wembley, for me, it’s my first to the new one.

If Reading go up, I’ll be having a conflict at the Liverpool game ha ha.

theotherjonv

If you happen to see Steve Sidwell there, ask him how Brighton’s Championship party compared to the Reading 106 one.

tomhoward

Been up since 530, on coach 71 of 100-odd from Huddersfield to Wembley.

Bringing mstomhoward too. This is a good omen for reading fans, as in the 2 games she’s been to so far, she hasn’t seen us score, much less win… 3rd times a charm and all that.

2-0 town

weeksy

Nooooo, I think I have to dislike you now 😆

Let’s hope for a cracking game, but I’m guessing one of us will be heading home unhappy lol

mikey3
    Free Member

I’ve seen Huddersfield at Wembley,maybe it was the last time you were there? Don’t now who to root for today,may the best team win the big money game:)

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Leaving in an hour or so.

Hoping for a decent game and obviously a Reading win (or my two lads will be unbearable). Hopefully neither team lose because of some daft and/or controversial decision.

And as above, if we go up, next season could be, let’s say, ‘difficult’

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And as above, if we go up, next season could be, let’s say, ‘difficult’

Yep, also be prepared to be linked with every player in the league the nufc stories are about 3 per day so far.

weeksy

weeksy

Scapegoat

Not really a Town fan, but great to see them in the premiership!

tomhoward

My team. My team got promoted 😀

Mstomhoward is forgiven…

Bad luck weeksy and jonv.

weeksy

🙄

theotherjonv

you deserved it, we never really turned up. Looked dangerous on the counter later on, but never created much in the way of chances.

Hope we keep Jaap, but really we overachieved this season with a system >>> the quality of the players.

Although Danny Williams, who has been scapegoated time and again in past seasons was awesome again.

weeksy

Hard to argue with that.

mrmoofo

Great to Town go up …. used to watch them a lot in ’82 , standing in the shed. They were awful!
    And I am hoping it means that B&HA won’t be last …. 🙂

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Not long been back from what was a very poor game indeed. Both sides cowed by the magnitude of the game me thinks.

Neither side really deserved the win but Reading even less than ‘field so I think a fair result. Game needed an early goal

Both teams clearly a long way short of Prem quality but best of luck to Huddersfield for next season though I fear for them.

And another shout out for Danny Williams – best player on the pitch by a distance – shame he was in a midfield of one!

theotherjonv

He’s been linked with moves before – sometimes admittedly on his own FB/Instagram account, potentially leading to some of the scapegoating – but that performance may well have brought that move a step closer.

mefty
    Free Member

In response to the OP, yes.

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's football team got promoted yet?’ is closed to new replies.