Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone bought one of those ZTTO dropper levers off eBay?

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Anyone bought one of those ZTTO dropper levers off eBay?
  • tdog
    Free Member

I want what they’re smoking !

😂

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Mine arrived today .amazing for £15

junglistjut
    Free Member

I got a bag of plastic pearls and a refund

winston
    Free Member

Mine arrived in 2 weeks. Then yesterday I got a sequinned hair clip in the shape of a present…with a letter of apology about the delay. Brilliant. Deffo going to order another one just for the mystery gift

..oh and the lever works just fine.

Poopscoop

^^ Got the eBay seller you bought it from mate?

I might order one as a spare!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

The common theme seems to be .
    They actually do deliver within the rough 4 week time frame .but you get a Christmas cracker style gift first with a letter of apology then a week later it turns up.
    Odd but it does eventually turn up and it’s brilliant
    It also has a short stroke over a wolftooth.
    It’s not a wolftooth and durability is get to be seen but honestly £15 delivered is an absolute bargain
    Link coming up

Big-Bud
    Free Member
    bear-uk
    Free Member

Mine is working great and after further reading of this thread I don’t need the clip on the adjuster 🙄

mashr

They actually do deliver within the rough 4 week time frame

Around 2 weeks for me iirc

junglistjut
    Free Member

I thought the gift was a scam and left bad feedback. They refunded me and it turned up a week later.

Woodentop
    Free Member

Mine landed in about 12 days, fitted it the other day, can’t fault it for the price, even at twice the price it be good.

JohnnyPanic

Bought 29th June.
    Should be here any day now then.
    Tracking info suggests is been in the country since 4th July.

Poopscoop

Yeah, I think mine sat in limbo in the UK for a while.

Still, be thankful you’ve ordered it now rather than after Halloween. I reckon customs might be in full melt down then.😉

GavinB

Will keep these in mind for when any of our Brand-X ones need replaced – baulked at the price of the Wolftooth ones, despite plenty of recommendations.

LAT

A bit of a resurrection. While waiting for my ZTTO lever I’ve been looking at the cassettes on Ali Express.

Does anyone have any experience of them? I’m interested in the 11-50 9 speed.

There also seems to be a few cassettes with the same description, but different prices. Has anyone gone for the cheapest option and been content with the product?

ta

bonzodog
    Free Member

Do these levers off eBay come with the cable?

theboatman
    Free Member

@LAT I’ve got a 10 speed 11-46 going on my bike 3 months use and no grumbles. Can’t say I have noticed any difference to any other cassette I have used? I’ve not weighed it, but can’t say I noticed any difference when riding the bike after swapping from a sunrace 11-42. Obviously I should have noticed it has an easier gear, but I also swapped from a 30 to a 32 front chainring, so this kind of balanced out.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Cable inner supplied with the lever.

LAT

@theboayman

thanks for the info. With your username I’m guessing that you’d have noticed if it felt like an anchor

munkiemagik
    Free Member

Off the back of this discussion I have just ordered and received one of the ZTTO remotes for a (hopefully) soon to arrive OneUp V2 dropper with 2.1 actuator.

Ive just tried getting the positioning of the remote on the handlebars to my liking, the thing I’ve noticed is that I dont like how angled back the lever blade seems to sit (the lever reach I guess, which I see is adjustable on the PNW loam lever.)

Did anyone else have any issues with the positioning and ‘ergonomics’ and how did you resolve it?

What I mean is when the lever is in its normal resting position its quite far back behind the bars towards me. (this is while keeping the rotational plane of the lever around the ball bearing horizontal so that it is a simple flat push forward to make the lever rotate around the bearing)

So if I then adjust the levers position further around under the handlebars to be in the preferred thumb reach position, it now becomes more of a scoop upwards from under with the thumb kind of motion to activate the dropper because the rotational plane around the bearing is now inclined.

I would prefer a more straight horizontal push towards the front wheel kind of action as that causes less disruption to my grip on the handlebars while im holding on for dear life. And my thumb can naturally drop onto the lever rather than really trying to reach for it.

For those using this lever with Oneup v2.1 actuators, how many mm of lever travel (or how many mm of cable pull) do you need to fully actuate the dropper. If the lever has more travel than is actually required I could put a physical stopper on the lever body (to adjust the reach) so it doesnt come all the way back.

anyone else in similiar position?

mashr

I think you might be overthinking it tbh. If you’re holding on for dear life I can’t see you also trying to operate the dropper regardless of lever position. Also, if you have it closer to horizontal I would imagine you’ll have to push it too far forward to work well. I have no issues with my fairly Trump-esque hands and the ZTTO

joebristol

I’ve got a couple of mm travel on my ZTTO lever with a 210mm Oneup v2.1 post. The throw is just a function of how tight you have the cable which is easily adjustable. I’ve just bought a 2nd one of these levers for my new hardtail. I looked at the fancier £50 sort of price range (PNW / Oneup etc) and couldn’t see the point in spending more. Oneup could have been ‘matchmakered’ to my codes I guess.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Mumkiemagic, it sounds to me like you’ve fitted the clamp the wrong way round. The hinge should be closest to you and the securing screw furthest away.

stevextc
    Free Member

Ordered one ages ago … liked it so much I bought another.

JohnnyPanic

JohnnyPanic
    Bought 29th June.
    Should be here any day now then.
    Tracking info suggests is been in the country since 4th July.

Mine never arrived, despite tracking showing it making it to the UK. Got a refund.

joebristol

I bought mine from what was listed as a U.K. seller this time in London. Took longer than I expected but got here quicker than the first one I ordered from overseas.

b33k34

Oneup could have been ‘matchmakered’ to my codes I guess.

I’m not sure that the ZTTO won’t fix to a matchmaker.

Anyway, they seem to have got quite a bit more expensive – the one I bought earlier in the year was only about £12 from memory but was looking for my nephew and they’re now £22+

For that price I reckon the Bontrager Line Elite is much neater (and definitely fixes to SRAM matchmaker)

joebristol

Paid £19 delivered for mine from eBay from a U.K. seller.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I had a senior moment with mine yesterday. For some reason instead of pushing the thumb lever I pulled the brake lever and suddenly went over the bars and flat out in the muddy slop 🙄

wzzzz
    Free Member

I have two from AliExpress,you can choose the colour of the pivot on there £15 and delivery within a month

ssboggy

Mumkiemagic, it sounds to me like you’ve fitted the clamp the wrong way round. The hinge should be closest to you and the securing screw furthest away.

As davewalsh says, try turning the clamp around, I did the same thing with mine to start with.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@davewalsh & @ssboggy

How stupid do you think I am? Well multiply that by 3 and you are almost half way there, lol

Yep I just noticed that I managed to put the clamp on backwards. And putting it the right way makes all the difference hahahahah.

Thanks STW

b33k34

I had a senior moment with mine yesterday. For some reason instead of pushing the thumb lever I pulled the brake lever and suddenly went over the bars and flat out in the muddy slop 🙄

Hmm. I’ve ridden nothing but 1x or hub gears off road for longer than I’ve been riding dropper posts but every so often I hit the dropper post button to drop to the small ring when I get to a steep hill.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought one of those ZTTO dropper levers off eBay?’ is closed to new replies.