Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone bodged anything useful to attach to Spec saddle SWAT mount?

• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by SirHC.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone bodged anything useful to attach to Spec saddle SWAT mount?
  • Poopscoop

Getting a saddle soon with the swat mount. Anyone made/bodged a useful attachment or whatever to fit to it?

BoardinBob

Why bodge?

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/accessories/review-specialized-bandit/

Been running that for a couple of years. Really good

DickBarton

A bike that can be ridden…

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The bandit is very interesting as an option, does anyone do anything similar for non specialized saddles?

TiRed

All Fizik saddles have a clip that allows a direct mount saddlebag or Cateye light bracket. Works perfectly. There are also 3D printed accessory mounts for other toys.

tthew

The bandit is very interesting as an option, does anyone do anything similar for non specialized saddles?

Yes. A saddlebag. Comes in a range of sizes and prices from a surprising range of sources.

scaredypants

that bandit thing,

like a saddlebag but smaller and gets kack all over your stuff; is that about right ?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yes. A saddlebag. Comes in a range of sizes and prices from a surprising range of sources.

This, I don’t get the current obsession with strapping things to saddles that leaves them open to the elements, just fit a saddle bag and they’re safe from the elements.

Yeah I know it “might” foul your dropper, if it does, experiment and get one that doesn’t.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I realise that Saddle bags are available.

Saddle bags:

Keep stuff clean and dry

Don’t keep anything secure unless you are ramming them full of stuff

Bandit:

Keeps stuff secure and not bouncy

doesn’t keep anything clean, unless you put a plastic bag over it

Need the secure load aspect of the bandit with the flexibility of fitting any rail.

Must be do able without a DIY effort.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The bandit thing works well. It’s unobtrusive and carries the bare minimum: tube, tool, tyre lever in my case. Plus a gas cartridge if you like that sort of thing. I prefer a pump. Tube gets dirty but that doesn’t bother me. I’ve got the chain tool that fits inside my steerer too. Never used it but it’s there if I need it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

But doesn’t having a dirty tube (ooo’errr) mean you’ve got to clean it before you put it in the tyre, otherwise you’re at risk of little bits of grit causing punctures as they rub against the tyre?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

You probably do have to wipe the muck off of the tiny bit that is exposed.

Bearing in mind its rolled up you will get about 10% of it dirty.

SirHC

Stick the tube in a thickish plastic bag.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bodged anything useful to attach to Spec saddle SWAT mount?’ is closed to new replies.