Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone believe in UFO's?

Viewing 8 posts - 321 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • Anyone believe in UFO's?
  • GrahamS

Then the tide comes in and really confuses you. :D

That analogy fails/succeeds because it illustrates exactly what yunki is talking about. The grain of sand can see billions of other grains of sands, but it can’t see far enough to see the grass, road, sky, sea, etc.

Most of us will have have heard that there are roughly a similar number of stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world.

Here’s some working to add some figures to that:

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~gmackie/billions.html

richmtb

Then the tide comes in and really confuses you.

Yeah it did occur to me that someone might ask “what about the sea”. A desert would probably work better.

But I though what the hell. It was a genuine thought I had that was worth sharing. Is amazing how waking up hungover on a beach brings out the philosopher in you!

yunki
    Free Member

but it can’t see far enough to see the grass, road, sky, sea, etc.

Or Susan Boyle out for a stroll and taking some sea air on the advice of her physician.. Or the impending confusion as she bends to sit on the sand, her ill fitting bikini moving to the side just enough to allow a couple of tablespoons (one galaxy..?) to get lodged within the humid crevices beneath..

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes I think there are Unidentified flying objects in the sky that may be flying. That’s that question answered then. Change question. or have I turned up late for something not that interesting anyway?

user-removed
    Free Member

GrahamS for world Universe leader. Other than that, no. :D

FWIW though, I spent my entire teenage years soaking up everything on the subject; from dime-store novels, stolen from guest houses, to scientific treaties which I still can’t pretend to understand.

Kevevs
    Free Member

wow yunki, that’s pretty creative and interesting! That could be a nice tedious watercolour if you had the talent to paint it. must check Beryl Cool hasnt usurped your potential style of recording ordinary people having a laugh ;)

user-removed
    Free Member

But maaaaa-aaaan, the whole universe could be under your fingernail. Innit.

Kevevs
    Free Member

but the fact it may not be, and we are here doing our thing alone, may as well make the best of what we are good at eh! make it better! make stuff, inform art!

Viewing 8 posts - 321 through 328 (of 328 total)

The topic ‘Anyone believe in UFO's?’ is closed to new replies.