• This topic has 249 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kinixecig-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 250 total)
  • Anybody use them electronic ciggies?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

neal, have you kept a record of how much you’ve spent on e-cig/eliquid stuff?

Not much really.

Once I settled on my set up that is. A couple of hundred finding out what works and what doesn’t.

Then I’ve been using Ego Batteries and Low Resistance 510 Cartomisers ever since.

Batteries are cheap and last about a year. Cartomisers are a quid each and last a couple of weeks.

So £35 ish on batteries a year. £25 ish on Carts.

I mix my own juice from decadent vapours so its cheap !
    Depending on the strength I mix its either ..

300ml = £61.80 @ 18mg
    300ml = £46.80 @ 8mg

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Neal, your banner suggests you smoked about 40 per day at about £8 per packet, that’s quite a habit you had going on 😯 , same as me 🙁

NB, edited at the time Neal was typing his next reply.

seosamh77
    Free Member

btw, fwiw. The tabacco flavour was rotten, like really bad cheap foriegn fags. liking menthol and mint.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

seosamh77, do you not feel the throat hit diminishing with the lack of nicotine?
    I started at 24 & went down to 18mg very quickly but I just don’t get the smoking sensation with 8 or 0mg 🙁

Edit, I didn’t register the not coming until tomorrow bit of your post, sorry.

nealglover
    Free Member

Neal, your banner suggests you smoked about 60 per day at about £8 per packet, that’s quite a habit you had going on

It’s 40 a day. (Done at today’s price of 7.80/packet as I’ve no idea what they cost 4 years ago ?)

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve went from 24mg tobacco to 18 menthol to 12 mint. so not noticed a big difference really. But I’ve intentionally changed the flavours to basically fool myself. why I’m back on the menthol 6mg when they come and onto 0mg mint..

tbh i think I could have started on 18 or 12, so going down to 6 and 0, might prove a bit more difficult. dunno yet, I’ll report my findings over the next couple of days.

well impressed with this jacvapour kit though, seems fairly continuous and I’m still getting a good throat hit at 12mg, and while clearly not the same as a real ciggie, defo a good substitute.

ps fyi, i’m coming from amberleaf rollies.

seosamh77
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    Neal, your banner suggests you smoked about 60 per day at about £8 per packet, that’s quite a habit you had going on
    It’s 40 a day. (Done at today’s price of 7.80/packet as I’ve no idea what they cost 4 years ago ?)

5/6 quidish

mefty
    Free Member

This is quite a long thread and am tempted to try these – which are the best starter packs – being a bit lazy sorry.

seosamh77
    Free Member

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/starter-kits/v1p-pcc-starter-kit-1024.html

That’s what I bought. silver battery with either back or white cartridges is what I have, green or blue tip! 😀

Would definitely recommend you do, I’m amazed by them.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve got none of it anyway, so the price isn’t that important 🙂

I can ride up hills without turning myself inside out now.
    That’s what I’m happy with.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

mefty, I’ve not tried that jacvapour one, but I would say if you want something that looks like a cig then the innokin AIO would be a good place to start at only a few quid more, I would ad a spare battery though as running out at the wrong time is a PITA. Or you could read what I said a few posts up 😉
    Try it, what have you got to lose?

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye 2 batteries are defo needed, you get that in the starter kit, and you can refill the jacvapour cartidges manually(not something i’m going to get into though as I’m going to completely chuck it)

My wee rizla weed tin, now carries a few cartridges, a spare battery and a usb cable.

the modern world eh? :mrgreen:

ps i’m avoiding weed for a few months, then i’m buying a vapouriser!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

seosamh, just so you know the AIO is a charging device so if you do run out of charge then you are carrying a charger with you, quite important if you don’t sit in an office all day. I still think the bigger Ego type batteries are better though 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Evening vaping peeps, I hope all is good with you all. I just had to share where I’m at right now & a little warning to all those who think this vaping malarkey will be easy. Well the slippery slope has started, I have just bought my first Genesis style atty, god help me, it’s getting geeky now 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well it’s 7 months now & not a single fag, so a little update from me,
    given up on the atty’s & I have bought a ProVari, I’m happy with the tanks & Boge carto’s, not found anything better, how are you lot doing?

Cheers.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m on 9 months now, using clearomisers like CE4, Vivi Nova, Mini Nova
    +ve
    no desire to smoke still, which I’m very pleased about
    found Decadent Vapours liquid, which Neal recommended, to be excellent
    All 4 batteries still good (altho one might be now losing it’s charge maybe)
    haven’t been drawn into buying loads of expensive kit.

-ve
    get a bit fed up occasionally with the coils/atomisers on clearos, they seem a bit inconsistent and often burn the liquid, get gunked up and need some fettling. I’d like to try something else, but been spending money on the house and cars just lately so trying to limit spending.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Good to hear your doing well, any others, Woody?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Update from me, still vaping but fell off the wagon a couple of times and had a few smokes ( about 10 fags in the last 3 months) but they taste like crap now and were all free crashes so no money spent
    Vaping positive for me

IainFP
    Free Member

Another one here 🙂

Thanks STW 2 months and only a couple of cigs.

Still trying to find THE ultimate juice and still on the strong stuff, but definitely feel tons better!

knightrider
    Free Member

just started vaping about 3 weeks so far, I had a couple of fags 1st week but none since, don’t seem to want any either, i’m on low nicotine too. ice menthol is my fave juice so far, although may start mixing my own

Woody
    Free Member

Good to hear your doing well, any others, Woody?

Excellent that most people are getting on well.

I’ve not done so well due to a mix of equipment failure, losing kit out of pockets and slipping back into old habits too easily (damn you Austrians allowing people to smoke in bars!).

Not all bad though, as fag consjsumption has dropped dramatically. Still looking for a juice that I can stick with as I’ve found that after a while I get bored with either the taste or the throat hit goes off. Favourites have been whiskey cream and been on peppermint for a few weeks now after initially hating it and am going to try some of the Shisha juices as I seem to prefer a ‘cool’ vape.

Also going to bite the bullet and buy some better kit as an incentive to drop the fags completely. Very tempted by THIS as it seems to be good value and has a decent tank which is where I’ve had all the problems with leakage and too much variation in performance.

Edit: Martin – do you reckon the Provari is worth the money in terms of performance?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So I have the Red Kiwi eGo-T which I bought in Germany. I also have some menthol liquid. It’s very hit & miss though. Sometimes it works fine and the throat hit is perfect (which suggests that the liquid is ok). But sometimes it’s like puffing fresh air. I can’t figure out why either. 😕 Is this something to do with the tank or the unit? Anything that can be done to improve it?

Woody
    Free Member

My missus and I have the same kit This one and there is a big difference in how they perform. I’ve also found that you get what you pay for and more expensive carto/clearomisers generally work more consistantly and for longer.

acidchunks

Been using liberty flights for liquid but the fruit flavours have gone downhill recently.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

DD, not wishing to insult your intelligence, but are you sure you aren’t just accidentally turning it off and on. Usually about 3 consecutive clicks in fairly quick succession will turn it on/off. I often do it by accident with mine. I t looks like a nice bit of kit, I’m getting a bit fed up with the coiled wicks, what’s the atomiser like on that? the blurb says it’s electrothermic 😕

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

To Woody/all,
    To Be honest the Provari isn’t worth the money, but it is cool 🙂
    I have the best bang for buck out of the ego twist, it’s spot on & one lasted 5 months the other is still going great guns. I also have one of those INNOKIN iTaste contraptions & although the battery works for ever it is massive in the hand & you won’t want to be seen dead with it 😉 The Vivi Nova tanks are OK, although I did get some leaking from the metal bodied one with the clear window, plastic one has been fine but I do find now that those type of tanks with a wick rather than wadding mutes the taste somewhat.
    So on a budget I would recommend the twist with a LR Boge carto, add a tank for ease, but be aware that they slide about & can dump the juice all over you if you pull it off whilst picking it up ( I find a tight fitting ming type tip stops this along with a plinth) Now we are on the subject of carto’s a little warning, Boge did do a massive ‘bad’ batch & I know the last ones I bought were amongst them, they don’t last more than a few days & are very hit & miss, but thats the thing with this vaping, nothing is perfect & because it’s all coming out of China the QC is pants!

For whats it’s worth I have spent a small fortune learning but it is still nowhere near what I would of spent on real fags, I have also bought other devices including…

Evic
    Vamo
    Normal ego’s
    varible innokin batt
    The gripper
    Cheap UDT-L 510 Mod (but it works well if you can live with 3.7V)
    Itaste AIO
    iTaste MVP

I’m sure there are more, I seem addicted !

PS if you (Woody) send me your address you can have the UDT & I’ll give you a carto, what the heck, I’ll even send you a charged battery so you can give it a try.

Cheers.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Great to read everyones success stories. Seven months for me, been mixing my own juice a little while now and down to 10% nic. hopefully will be able to reduce it further over the next few months. The positive effect on my general health and particularly when riding are really starting to show and my kids love the fact dad doesn’t stink of fags all the time and start coughing his lungs up when we’re out running about in the garden these days. The change vaporizing has bought to my life is truly miraculous.
    There is a cloud on the horizon though, the recent mhra announcement and even more worrying last weeks eu consultation vote and recommendations (see article here) are a real concern. Vaporizing really works as an alternative to the stupid filthy smoking habit that try as I might I for one just could not seem to break. It seems crazy that “the man” looks determined to ban or restrict it out of existence. 👿

Woody
    Free Member

2unfit – email sent. Cheers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

2unfit, if yer gettin’ rid of anything else like… 😉

billyboulders
    Free Member

True, it is bad business for the tax man. Even worse for the big pharmaceutical companies and their ineffective nicotine replacement therapy products not to mention the tobacco giants. Both of which have the government and therefore the tax man firmly in their back pockets. It might take a couple of years for their influence to fully have an effect but the future of vaporizing as an alternative to smoking doesn’t look good to me.

EDIT: Looks like johnyu was a spammer and his posts, to which this was a reply, have been deleted? My point still stands though.

binners

As an e cig user ( though I have had a lapse recently) I’m also worried that the combination of the big tobacco losing revenue – who’s lobbying power seems second only to the banks – and the governments loss of tax revenues seem to point in one direction only.

When faced with the health of the nation, or sitting back and counting the tax dollars, then moving on to highly paid directorships at BAT, the politicians are only going to jump one way, I’m afraid. I’m pretty sure they’re already cooking up a way to get the whole thing closed down!

bearnecessities

My contribution.

Thanks. Not only has this provided a great one source of info, to inform other digging about, it’s shown me what I didn’t want to end up doing, which is swapping one smoking habit for another (albeit vastly different), and actually I realised I didn’t want to enjoy the experience. This needed to be a tool for me to stop smoking.

I had a 20 year habit, a stupid stupid 20 year habit which I cannot believe now even writing it.

Monday, I bought my ‘vaper’, a recommended Tornado thing.

– 1.0mg(ml?) or of Red Label liquid (new line made in UK).

– Tuesday I swapped for 0.6

– Today I bought some Aqueous Glycerine and made my own 0.2%, truth be known it’s not even that, just a drop in the AG.

I have gone though the physical withdrawal effects, I still am, bloody unbelievable, but mentally, not a sausage. Don’t know why, the whole ‘hand to mouth thing’? Who knows, but by next week I will be swapping the 0.2% mix for 0.0%, trying that for a few days, then putting the whole kaboodle in the drawer and just whipping out if I feel weak, but hell, I’ll know it’s not addiction to any drug as I’ll have gone through that, just a silly ‘hand to mouth’ habit, so chances are I won’t even bother getting out of drawer.

In a week.

Unbelievable. Just so glad I got chance to do this before it invariably gets classified as medicinal.

20 years *shakes head at own stupidity*

Anyhow, thanks 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So how is everybody getting on? I finally gave up fighting using other NRT products and got myself a half-decent one. I’m using liquids from Decadent Vapours as recommended by nealglover.

Also, I keep reading worrying stuff about whether these things and the sale of liquids will be made either illegal or certainly, medicinalised (sp) and thus more expensive I guess.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well I for one am really enjoying & embracing it, I haven’t even thought about a real fag outside of week one, it has been a complete revelation for me. Although I am wary that I have just replaced one habit for another, I still wouldn’t go back to normal fags unless I could be 100% convinced that E-cigs are worse for you, as I’m sure the lobbyists will try & do soon 😉

Cheers.

Woody
    Free Member

For me it’s been a gradual shift to more vaping than ‘smoking’ and I’m at the point now where I’ll only occasionally light a fag, smoke it and then realise that I prefer the ‘taste’ of a vape.

The key for me is the consistency of the vape and the juice. 2unfit was kind enough to send me a couple of bits (Martin, you are a gentleman and a scholar 😉 ) and that sorted out a few more things.

My thoughts so far :-
    1. I seem to get fewer problems ie. no leaks, with carts and they are just so much less hassle.
    2. It’s important to have at least two juices ‘at the ready’ as taste and strength requirements seems to alter within quite short periods throughout the day.
    3. High or low resistance carts make a big difference (see point 2)
    4. Decadent Vapours juice does seem smoother than others, although I do like Grizwalds Whiskey Cream.
    5. The Riva 1100 last extremely well and more than cope with my days vaping and are much lighter in the pocket, unlike the other rechargeable battery type.
    6. The UDT L-510 is great value, especially with the copper mod of the mod and gives me all I need by way of ‘smoke’ and once set-up properly with my preference of juice and cart is really all that I need and I can’t see myself buying anything further now other than juice and carts.

Saved a small fortune so far, feel better and it’s all good really 😀

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

to throw my tuppenceworth about, i followed this thread avidly (i’ve got it bookmarked)and bought a kit through the recommendations. Managed a sporadic version of stopping/cutting down for a while but between bits breaking, flavour purchases tasting foul (some i’d like for a couple of days and then despise), and the sore throat/hacking cough i’d get, and it still feeling like i was holding off smoking rather than giving up, i got exasperated and went back to fags for a few months.

My sister and her husband recently gave up using magic pills from the doctor (champix), so i gave it a half-hearted go along with re-reading the allen carr book. After 11 days of the pills I’m now 4 weeks smoke free (longest in the 16 years i’ve been chaining)with no real effort on my part – i just can’t be arsed to smoke – even when angry/drunk/nervous/bored it’s only a quick twinge before i dismiss it. In short, i recommend the pills.

I’m not sure regaining a sense of smell during a heatwave was a good idea though – who new so many people sweat cat-piss?

tinribz
    Free Member

Thanks to this thread I’ve just done a couple of weeks tobacco free using an eGo-C Twist. Have gone from 14mg bottles down to 6mg. Ordered some 0mg stuff now to dilute the 6mg. Have to admit to getting through the bottles quicker though!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Any more for anymore? Im still going after 9 months 🙂
    gherkin, I tried pills, they made me feel stoned & non compos mentis so I didn’t carry it through, nice feeling though if your job will allow it 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

Do it in style.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What’s the main ingredient in these here carts? Glycerin? And you can mix your own eh? Hmmm, interested.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use them electronic ciggies?’ is closed to new replies.