Anybody use them electronic ciggies?

Home Forum Chat Forum Anybody use them electronic ciggies?

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 250 total)
  • Anybody use them electronic ciggies?
  • Thanks andhyh2, I shall look into them, I intend on trying out the other companies mentioned on the thread, and does Cinnamint have a cinnamon flavour (italics couldn’t express my love of cinnamon sweets, use imagination), or am I hoping for too much? As soon as I remember where in this dive i left my needle-nose pliers, and if they’re fine enough (i’m dubious, from memory, whether my cheap ones are)I shall give it a go. just tried a 2nd best of forcing a screwdriver through the top, but seems not to work.

In a brand new problem, the battery-that-didn’t-work-before-but-now-does has started doing the flashy-cut-out after about half a second of pressing the button, so is next to useless, and the battery that used to work now doesn’t. After the video, I presume i’m just forcing the doo-dad too far into the thingummy-wossname when i put it on charge, and mayhap the misfiring battery just needs a charge. Either who, I’ve been huffing on the cartomiser sans driptip all day, wondering how much juice i can inmadvertently drink before i die.

Thanks again, updates when i get them

(and yep – a funload* better than smoking)

*family friendly version

andyh2

The cinnamint does have a cinnamon flavour, personally I’d have preferred stronger cinnamon taste and less sweetness to it, but I still like it.

That’s what my batteries seemed to be doing, but in my case it was the clearomiser not the battery causing the problem. I tried the vid method, but my pliers aren’t fine enough. Overcame the problem by pushing the tube down from the top after unscrewing the head (this bit here; http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vision-ego-rainbow-v3-spare-heads-%28long-wick%29~390 )

To be honest I’m a bit disappointed in the faff factor. I’ve found that the silver bands that are top and bottom of the clearomiser come off when cleaned in boiling water, so I’m gluing those on after cleaning and drying. Likewise the threaded part of the tip. I’ll just give new ones a wipe rather than the boiling water treatment. Also the flavours seem better if I keep the clearomiser fairly full. Sometimes the taste goes off as it empties.

I guess it’s a bit like bike maintenance in that once you know what and when to do it it’s fine, but getting to that stage can be frustrating at times.

Still much better than smoking though 🙂

jiajerry

I am not use it, but i consider buying one for my father.

B.A.Nana

one of my clearomisers was a bit dodgey, the clear tube being slightly loose in the silver band. if you want to continue with this, I would recommend a Vivi Nova upgrade. These are much better construction than the cheapy clearomisers and easier to refill, or a Mini Nova if you don’t want such a big lump. Been using mine now for a month and using it all the time(like you was getting a bit fed up with the cheap clearo) .

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

I have a Viva Nova, not a bad bit of kit, but higher ohms have me rather undecided. Now rocking carto’s as I dont need so much vapor now, tank systems help, I was confused about these but now embrace them.
    Lets keep going guys 🙂

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Has everyone still given up?
    I have fancied a cig a few times this week so I thought I better buy some new kit & juice, collected it tonight & I have to say that I’m moving away from the small stuff & going all out, thought about the provari but I ended up buying an itaste mvp, big old box but it’s a great piece of kit!

Hang in there folks 🙂

mattzzzzzz

9 days here with no fags – ive just become a vapealot buf seriously i feel much better for it

cheers for all the advice,just about to take the mrs over to vape escape for a starter kit.she smokes about 10 – 15 a day for the past 20 years so hopefully this will help her quit,she’s tried a few times but always ends up back on the tabs.will post an update,thanks again

B.A.Nana

Think I’m on my 5th month now, it’s the first time I’ve ever stopped smoking for more than a week. I have tabacco and papers in the drawer, but can honestly say I’ve never even considered it.
    Most recently, bought a load of cheap decadent vapours liquid in a closing down sale and just bought an eVod to sample (basically a Vivi Nova, but the wick is at the bottom of the tank)

nealglover

4 years for me as of the 15th Feb 🙂

Still using the e-cigs mainly because I like them, but using 0% nic juice most of the time.

Was smoking 40 Bensons a day, and smoked for 20 years, And I’ve not had a single cigarette since the day my first e-cig arrived in the post.

Keep it up !!!

8 months here………….
    just need to remember to keep hydrated

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I thought I’d resurrect this, so I can check out your flavour recommendations.

I bit the bullet the other day and bought a Titan e cig. There’s a shop opened near us just selling all manner of e-cigs, accessories and liquids. One by one the smokers in my local boozer have called in there. And the huddle outside, having a fag, has steadily diminished. They’re all sat at the bar ‘having a smoke’ instead.

So I’ve joined them. Bloody hell! What a revelation! Why the hell didn’t I get one of these before? Its cost me the same as a weeks B&H. I’ve done the weekend without a fag, and without the urge for one at all.

I’ve got cherry in at the moment. Think I’m going to try the lemon and lime next 😀

2 weeks in and no desire for a fag. I wish these things were invented 15 years ago!

mattzzzzzz

5 weeks here and not one smoke has passed my lips , i too wishthis would have been available years ago.

sircharles

utterly disgusting habit,
    the electric seems the way forward i must say.

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Well I’m still not smoking & looking at that banner under one of my posts on page three I appeared to of saved a few quid 🙂

I’m currently rocking Apple & grape mist from ukecig-store, not to sweet. I have noticed that my taste has changed but I’m sick of buying liquid that I don’t like, it’s my biggest problem with this vaping malarkey, that & all the new vaping toys I have bought, I think I have spent several hundred pounds but now I’m settled & if I were to recommend a set up for someone getting into vaping then it would be a variable voltage battery such as the ego-c twist with a mini vivi nova, big enough to last for a sensible amount of time without being to big & the vivi nova’s seem to be well built & I haven’t had one break or leak on me yet.

Cheers.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

2unfit2ride – I think its a bloke thing. Its just something else to buy ‘stuff’ for. And there’s nowt up with that. Old style fags seem very boring in comparison now. All the lads in the pub have been coming in with various additions and alterations to their e cigs, in all manner of wild colours and finishes 😀

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

binners, whats the name of the shop out of interest?

Cheers.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The shop is just called the E Cig Store. Its a nicely done out shop in the middle of Rammy. The bloke who runs it couldn’t have been more helpful. They’ve all sorts in there! his website is

http://www.theecigstore.co.uk

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Thanks, I already use the Totally wicked website, it would be nice to have a retail shop near me though for those panic buy moments :mrgreen:

Cheers.

B.A.Nana

I’ve also struggled a bit with flavours. I started off with all the novelty flavours, tangerine, watermelon, mint, cinammon, chocolate, etc etc. Some of them keep their flavour, some I’ve found become flavourless after the first few vapes. Most of what I’ve tried have been ok, only a few I’ve hated ie energycow is sickly sweet. I’ve actually now realised that I’m not that arsed about all these different flavours, at the moment I’m just on Decadent Vapour Aromatic Tabacco.

Thankfully, I haven’t got into buying all the gear in some desperate search for the holy grail, just have a few batterys and a Vivi Nova, Mini Nova and Evod (basically an upside-down Vivi).

Personally, 6 months in I haven’t seen a massive financial benefit, but I wasn’t a big smoker, bought cheap tabacco and probably vape more than I smoked.

nealglover

They have been around for years, but just not all that widespread like they are now.
    (And not as good in the early day either really)

But I got my first one in 2008 and gave up fully not long after.

My banner is looking pretty good too 🙂

B.A.Nana

neal, have you kept a record of how much you’ve spent on e-cig/eliquid stuff?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

To be honest, saving a bit of cash would be a nice bonus. But mainly its the not dying thing that’s the main priority 😀

B A Nana – I’ve tried a couple of different flavours, but I can see myself sticking with the tobacco

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

started on these last tuesday, had 2 rollies then picked up my ecig(jacvapour) from the post office, used it all day in work, and then had one rollie when I got home.

Next day I started off, broken down and asked someone from a real ciggie. that was the last full real one I’ve had.

Had 2 draws on saturday night around 5am. and considering it’s was a mammoth session that carried on to pub shutting on saturday, i think I did not bad.

Not had a real smoke since and since tuesday, i’ve went from 24mg to 12mg.

Got 6 and 0mg coming tomorrow i think, so will be quickly going down through them.

Honestly never thought it would be so successful.

My wheezing stopped over night(my main motivation in stopping, only recently started feeling proper bad effects of smoking in the last 6 months or so).

Pretty much it’s easy not to smoke with these, so I’m going down to 0mg and actually completely giving up. but I reckon I’ll always keep it handy just incase, especially for when drinking.

No bad for someone that smoked for 17 years, without really giving up at all(I thought about it before, but I never lasted 6 hours.)

In short, they are and absolute revelation imo. 7 days, more or less(well, I’m claiming 7! :mrgreen: )

nealglover

neal, have you kept a record of how much you’ve spent on e-cig/eliquid stuff?

Not much really.

Once I settled on my set up that is. A couple of hundred finding out what works and what doesn’t.

Then I’ve been using Ego Batteries and Low Resistance 510 Cartomisers ever since.

Batteries are cheap and last about a year. Cartomisers are a quid each and last a couple of weeks.

So £35 ish on batteries a year. £25 ish on Carts.

I mix my own juice from decadent vapours so its cheap !
    Depending on the strength I mix its either ..

300ml = £61.80 @ 18mg
    300ml = £46.80 @ 8mg

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Neal, your banner suggests you smoked about 40 per day at about £8 per packet, that’s quite a habit you had going on 😯 , same as me 🙁

NB, edited at the time Neal was typing his next reply.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

btw, fwiw. The tabacco flavour was rotten, like really bad cheap foriegn fags. liking menthol and mint.

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

seosamh77, do you not feel the throat hit diminishing with the lack of nicotine?
    I started at 24 & went down to 18mg very quickly but I just don’t get the smoking sensation with 8 or 0mg 🙁

Edit, I didn’t register the not coming until tomorrow bit of your post, sorry.

nealglover

Neal, your banner suggests you smoked about 60 per day at about £8 per packet, that’s quite a habit you had going on

It’s 40 a day. (Done at today’s price of 7.80/packet as I’ve no idea what they cost 4 years ago ?)

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

I’ve went from 24mg tobacco to 18 menthol to 12 mint. so not noticed a big difference really. But I’ve intentionally changed the flavours to basically fool myself. why I’m back on the menthol 6mg when they come and onto 0mg mint..

tbh i think I could have started on 18 or 12, so going down to 6 and 0, might prove a bit more difficult. dunno yet, I’ll report my findings over the next couple of days.

well impressed with this jacvapour kit though, seems fairly continuous and I’m still getting a good throat hit at 12mg, and while clearly not the same as a real ciggie, defo a good substitute.

ps fyi, i’m coming from amberleaf rollies.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

nealglover – Member
    Neal, your banner suggests you smoked about 60 per day at about £8 per packet, that’s quite a habit you had going on
    It’s 40 a day. (Done at today’s price of 7.80/packet as I’ve no idea what they cost 4 years ago ?)

5/6 quidish

mefty

This is quite a long thread and am tempted to try these – which are the best starter packs – being a bit lazy sorry.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/starter-kits/v1p-pcc-starter-kit-1024.html

That’s what I bought. silver battery with either back or white cartridges is what I have, green or blue tip! 😀

Would definitely recommend you do, I’m amazed by them.

nealglover

I’ve got none of it anyway, so the price isn’t that important 🙂

I can ride up hills without turning myself inside out now.
    That’s what I’m happy with.

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

mefty, I’ve not tried that jacvapour one, but I would say if you want something that looks like a cig then the innokin AIO would be a good place to start at only a few quid more, I would ad a spare battery though as running out at the wrong time is a PITA. Or you could read what I said a few posts up 😉
    Try it, what have you got to lose?

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

aye 2 batteries are defo needed, you get that in the starter kit, and you can refill the jacvapour cartidges manually(not something i’m going to get into though as I’m going to completely chuck it)

My wee rizla weed tin, now carries a few cartridges, a spare battery and a usb cable.

the modern world eh? :mrgreen:

ps i’m avoiding weed for a few months, then i’m buying a vapouriser!

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

seosamh, just so you know the AIO is a charging device so if you do run out of charge then you are carrying a charger with you, quite important if you don’t sit in an office all day. I still think the bigger Ego type batteries are better though 😉

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Evening vaping peeps, I hope all is good with you all. I just had to share where I’m at right now & a little warning to all those who think this vaping malarkey will be easy. Well the slippery slope has started, I have just bought my first Genesis style atty, god help me, it’s getting geeky now 😉

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Well it’s 7 months now & not a single fag, so a little update from me,
    given up on the atty’s & I have bought a ProVari, I’m happy with the tanks & Boge carto’s, not found anything better, how are you lot doing?

Cheers.

B.A.Nana

I’m on 9 months now, using clearomisers like CE4, Vivi Nova, Mini Nova
    +ve
    no desire to smoke still, which I’m very pleased about
    found Decadent Vapours liquid, which Neal recommended, to be excellent
    All 4 batteries still good (altho one might be now losing it’s charge maybe)
    haven’t been drawn into buying loads of expensive kit.

-ve
    get a bit fed up occasionally with the coils/atomisers on clearos, they seem a bit inconsistent and often burn the liquid, get gunked up and need some fettling. I’d like to try something else, but been spending money on the house and cars just lately so trying to limit spending.

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

Good to hear your doing well, any others, Woody?

mattzzzzzz

Update from me, still vaping but fell off the wagon a couple of times and had a few smokes ( about 10 fags in the last 3 months) but they taste like crap now and were all free crashes so no money spent
    Vaping positive for me

IainFP

Another one here 🙂

Thanks STW 2 months and only a couple of cigs.

Still trying to find THE ultimate juice and still on the strong stuff, but definitely feel tons better!

just started vaping about 3 weeks so far, I had a couple of fags 1st week but none since, don’t seem to want any either, i’m on low nicotine too. ice menthol is my fave juice so far, although may start mixing my own

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use them electronic ciggies?’ is closed to new replies.