• This topic has 249 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kinixecig-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 250 total)
  • Anybody use them electronic ciggies?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Once you get settled (preferred equipment and flavour etc) it’s easy.

I have been using the same type of Battery for 2 years, and the type of same low resistance Cartomiser for about the same.
    My batteries last months and months (maybe bought 2 replacements in 2 years @ £14 each)

My cartomisers last around 2 weeks and cost about £1 each.

And I get my juice (same flavour for 3 years) for £70 (half a litre)

I mix the juice my self but that really is easy, and at £4.20 for 30ml it’s waaaaaaaaay cheaper than pre mixed.

That’s from Decadent Vapours. And honestly, I’ll say it again. Anyone using juice from the Far East, seriously, give Decadent Vapours a try. Their Juice is so much better than anything else I’ve used in the last few years.

(I’m not affiliated in any way, I’m just a very happy customer)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, how come you went with cartomisers & not clearomisers?
    To me clearomisers seem the way to go but I’m obviously very new to this.
    Cheers.

nealglover
    Free Member

They may well be better, I’ve never tried them to be honest.

When I started using the Low Resistance Cartomisers 2 years ago, they were the best available.
    They hold about 30 drops (2ml ish) and they taste great with my Huice and give a good throat hit (as the are Low Resistance) and they are cheap.

But they work for me, so I’ve never bothered changing really.

At the moment I spend roughly £3/week including Carts/Batteries/Juice. And that’s been the same for the last 2 years.
    So I’m not really worried about trying new kit anymore 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for the reply, it kind of sums up how I feel about bikes ATM 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m about £40 in arrears at the moment (not incl what I wasted on E-Lites), but with buying the kit upfront it’s going to be like that for every starter. A couple of months will make a big difference financially, unless you keep buying new kit.
    I considered a Variable Voltage battery, but decided to keep it simple for the time being. I only ended up with atomisers of different ohms by default, cos that’s what came with the Vivi Nova. I’m a little bit sceptical at the moment that VV or dif. ohms will make that much dif. to the experience. A bit like the latest MTB stuff, is it emperors new clothes?, is it just minor tweaks that won’t make that much difference?
    I can see good quality liquid making a difference tho, stuff that’s made to order and has to sit for a week before using, against the cheap stuff I’m buying at the moment. That’ll be the next step for me.

On the subject of cartridges, I actually found the best taste/flavour was when I was refilling the E-Lite cartridges, but that was a pain, because E-Lite aren’t really designed to easily refill and it was all a bit hit and miss (some E-Lite carts didn’t appear to work at all, some I destroyed trying to prise the cap off). Have you tried the cartridges that came with your starter kit yet, 2unfit?

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m a little bit sceptical at the moment that VV or dif. ohms will make that much dif. to the experience. A bit like the latest MTB stuff, is it emperors new clothes?, is it just minor tweaks that won’t make that much difference?

I mixed up a few standard resistance Cartomisers in with my pot of Low Resistance ones by accident, and they look exactly the same (once out of the box)

I can instantly tell the difference when I get one out and it’s standard resistance, loads less vapour, less flavour and less throat hit.

Maybe it’s more noticeable with high quality juice, or different flavours. But I can’t use the standard ones now I’m used to the Low Resistance ones. They are nowhere near as nice, and I can tell from the first drag.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have, nowhere near the hit, but I’m learning. The menthol just gives the best hit ever, I have tried quite a few now & nothing gives me the sensation of the menthol for throat feel, it really does feel like smoking to me, but I appreciate it just may be me.

w1zard
    Free Member

+1 for Decadent Vapours juice, it really is better than the competition. I’ve saved a fortune vaping for the past 2 years, but you do go a bit crazy when you start out and end up buying lots of ‘shiny bits’.

My vote for the cigarette-style is the Liberro kit – it comes with a charging case so it negates some of the drawbacks of smaller battery size. It’s got a good throat-hit and their juices are decent quality.

I’m currently really happy with the Gripper Mod and Kanger XXXL cartomisers. Nice and cheap, bog-standard batteries you can get off Ebay, and reliable. It’s also pretty stealth so you can hide it in your hand when using it. I’ve used about 10 different devices overall, and this is by far the best I have encountered.

It takes a while to get over the weirdness of the bigger devices form-factor, but the difference in performance will eventually win you over once you realise the benefits of vaping over smoking.

I’d agree on a fitness level it is like not smoking at all. I gave up completely for 6 months, and didn’t notice a difference in my riding when I went back to vaping. It does dry out your mouth though, so you have to compensate by drinking more water, or you risk becoming dehydrated.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Nealglover, is low resistance the low ohms atomiser? am I right in thinking it uses a bit more battery power?. Do you use a standard battery without VV?.

nealglover
    Free Member

Yes the Low Resistance refers to the ohms.

I use the larger size Riva/Ego batteries (1000 mah)

It will use slightly more power I would imagine, but I still get a day and a half out of the batteries easily, and I use it a lot 🙂

My way of looking at it, I only use one type of juice, and I know what resistance Cartomiser I like, so there is little point in having a variable voltage battery.

elzorillo
    Free Member

After reading up on it and filling the wifes clearomizers for her, I’m almost tempted to try it myself and I dont even smoke hehehhe

Best not though.

Wonder how long before the gov jump on the bandwaggon and start taxing it (although we’re already paying vat on them). They must be losing a fortune on cig tax revenue.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Apparently, there is some sort of UK consultation going on in May based around the marketing of ecig products.

It’s possible that they will be interested in the age restriction side of it and maybe clarifying/changing the law to clearly include e-cig products. Go onto the trading Standards website and there is no mention, everything is based around ‘tobacco products’ and tobacco is the leaf, isn’t it? this is pretty much it:
    Since 1st October 2007 it is illegal to sell tobacco products to anyone under 18 years of age – this includes cigarettes, cigars, roll-your-own and pipe tobacco as well as cigarette rolling papers.

It’ll certainly currently be confusing for the retailer/shop assistant/trading standards officer/Police as to whether e-cigs are classed as ‘tobacco products’. More than likely they are currently under the category ‘common sense’. The law around tobacco product sales may have to be changed/reworded to include smoking like nicotine products or something of that nature. I bet the CPS wouldn’t currently attempt to prosecute an ecig sale to a minor.
    walk into my local off licence and you will see a big E-Lites counter display with all the kit, leaflets round the shop, poster in the window, probably a sales assistant stood behind the counter who isn’t sure who can legally buy them. Yet, cigs are hidden from view behind a roller shutter. In these cases there may be a case to answer that e-cigs could encourage taking up smoking.

So, changing/rewording the law as per the above, will probably also subject e-cigs to the same marketing restrictions, no above or below the line advertising, warnings on packaging, no displaying in the store (post 2015), plain packaging laws (possibly in the future) etc etc

It’s all speculation at the moment tho

patriotpro
    Free Member

Hey you lot, I thought I’d let yo know I bought http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/microlite-ecig/tecc-microlite-cartomiser-kit-black-product.html

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. Looking forward to trying it myself after my xmas dinner.

With a bot of luck mumsie will like it too 😆

Cheers again *thumbs up*

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I thought the the whole point of the last two pages of this thread were basically saying that those type of e-fags were pretty crap?
    It’s cool your giving it a go though 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

I thought the the whole point of the last two pages of this thread were basically saying that those type of e-fags were pretty crap?
    It’s cool your giving it a go though

what he said

patriotpro
    Free Member

😆

Does it? It wouldn’t be my summary of the thread.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Cig-O-likes have their place and suit some people. The key is that people know what is out there to be able to make an informed decision, most people don’t realise what’s beyond the heavier marketing of E-Lites/SkyCigs etc. Going full none cig-o-like is a bit of a leap of faith for some and not necessarily what everyone is looking for.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’ll certainly currently be confusing for the retailer/shop assistant/trading standards officer/Police as to whether e-cigs are classed as ‘tobacco products’.

Not confusing really ?

There isn’t any tobacco in them, so they aren’t “tobacco products”

They are no more able to be classed as tobacco products than Nicorette Chewing or Nicotine Patches are.

I do hope you dident buy the total wicked juice, it tastes absolutely disgusting 😯

Nasty stuff nearly put me back on the stinky’s !

nealglover
    Free Member

Agreed, there is no way I would buy Juice from Totally Wicked (since they stopped selling Decadent Vapours stuff)

Their own stuff bloody awful.

Decadent Vapours FTW ! 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not confusing really ?

There isn’t any tobacco in them, so they aren’t “tobacco products”

They are no more able to be classed as tobacco products than Nicorette Chewing or Nicotine Patches are.
    Exactly, hence I believe there will be some sort of restriction and/or clarification in the future. It may or may not be harmful, but is likely to be considered as indirectly promoting smoking (without any current clear age restriction). Not sure how the gum/patches will be dealt within it, if at all, but ecigs will undoubtedly be, one way or another. Possibly liquid nicotine restrictions, possibly rewording of age restriction law.

Going to buy some DV liquid in the new year to try.

MrNutt
    Free Member

i used to enjoy a menthol tipped roll up (drum gold), I used to go through 12.5 every 2/3 days. I bought a couple of those 10reasons fagalikes and was impressed, the menthol one hit the spot although I did get a dry throat occasionally.

Its been about a month now and I haven’t smoked ether. I never intended to give up, I only wanted to see what it was like. Now my addiction that i’d been nurturing has deserted me and I keep finding more money in my wallet.

Not happy.

Woody
    Free Member

Really interesting and informative thread. Cheers

I’m tempted to go for this STARTER KIT as linked earlier via another forum.

No liquid with it so are there any good sample packs where I can try a wide variety? Looking at THIS but you have to pick a ‘narrow’ band of flavours.

2unfit – how did it go over Christmas and what flavour are favouring now?

ps – tried the Clearsmoke cig and had same problem as others ie. too variable a ‘hit’ and tasted awful. More money down the drain 😥

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Woody, thanks for asking, it’s going fine really. I have felt quiet unwell for the last few weeks, but so have most of my family so I’m not sure I can attribute it to that or not smoking, but I haven’t had a real cig yet so touch wood something is well with the world.
    I wouldn’t dare to say that this is me done with B&H’s finest as it has been nearly 30 years, but I do like vaping as an alternative. Some people just think it’s weird but if I stop & think then smoking is weirder as that most certainly will kill me if I carry on, so it’s the lesser of two evils for me.
    As for the flavours, I’m really stuck with this one, during the day then menthol is fine, great throat hit & to me is a great substitute, but when I have a drink (to often)I really struggle. I know I don’t really like the fruity ones, the really strong ciggy ones are a bit to much also. I quite like ‘cherry cigar’ from Ecig but I know there will be a flavour out there I will really like, I’m just yet to find it.
    So all in all, 3 weeks, about £150 spent (including driving to get some juice) & I don’t want a fag, there are times, but as I have done this for myself this time then I see no reason to start again & this has been the key for me, no pressure from others, I did this for me & I am the only person I shall let down if I start again, not to say that I haven’t failed in the past before now…
    There have also been some problems with the clearomisers failing (I have 6 now) & certain juices not giving me the hit I require, but I will get there, currently thinking of trying a big mod with carto’s, but then the money is not the issue this time, it’s finding something that works.

HTH

Cheers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Oh, meant to say that the variable batteries & using a stupid looking clearo like a supernova improves the experience but lessons the appeal.

Cheers.

Woody
    Free Member

Thanks Martin. Well done and that is helpful but like you I’m struggling with flavours and I haven’t even tried them yet!

I just can’t get my head round ‘fruit flavours’ giving the same hit as tobacco but I think I’ll sample the fruity and menthol ones on my link above as they seem the most popular

Trial and error I guess. Got to be worth a go as I’ve really started to notice the difference lately from combination of too many fags and lack of riding,

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well, the flavours are very hit or miss, but that is part of the fun right?
    I have tried a few of the more expensive ones & TBH the ecig ones are better than the other ones I have tried, even the fruit one gives a better hit than a DC derived one I have.
    I don’t know for sure if it’s the juice or the clearo giving me the problem, & that’s half the thing, there is no ‘best’ in this game, it’s to new & other factors make the difference, but e fags are better than real fags right?
    There is more research coming through, but I don’t think any of them will ever be deemed ‘safe’.

Woody
    Free Member

I reckon it will cost me about £50 to get started, which is only a weeks worth of Marloboro, so has to be worth a try.

It’s all very confusing with different ‘strengths’ as well as flavours to consider 😕

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve been using Vapourtine for the last few purchases, to sample different flavours. They’re doing lots of offers on liquid at the moment. I think XMAS35 code still works till end of month on their 5mls to give 35% off listed price. They are currently promoting JAN50 disc code for 50% off 20mls till 10th jan (but for that vol you need to know what flavours you like). The only flavour I’ve really hated so far is energycow (redbull) which is sickly sweet.

I spent £100 2 months ago (Hardware and liquid) and roughly braking even now with loads of liquid left for another few months. I smoked about 10 a day of cheapest rolling tobacco/filters/papers.

Woody
    Free Member

Taken the plunge and bought :- Riva 1100 Delux Kit and some samplers from Grizwald’s Gourmet Range Pick ‘n’ Mix with Menthol Tabac, Raspberry Truffle, Whiskey Cream, Gold Leaf, Arctic Cherry = £43.15 delivered

Will give me an idea what I like best and can then try some of the Decadent Vapours liquid once they re-open on 2nd January.

Hopefully should arrive Tuesday for Hogmanay 🙂

ivantate
    Free Member

These things are the latest fashion in italy at the moment although people seem to be using it to feed the addition all day in the office rather than reduce the amount of normal cigarettes needed.

grantway
    Free Member

shame there not 240v 😉

andyh2
    Free Member

A VERY BIG THANK YOU for the information in this thread.

Ordered a couple of deluxe kits from Vapescape just before Xmas. Arrived last Thu, Started using Thu eve and both wife and I have had no cigs at all. Both of us previously on 25-30 a day, me for 37 years :(.

I have been really (very happily) surprised at how I’m completely uninterested in cigs now. Baccy’s been sitting in cupboard untouched.

After just a couple of days I noticed that horrible gurgling catch when breathing in deeply has all but gone.

Might try some other flavours but so far alternating between the HS Delight (it really does taste the way a newly opened packet of B&H smells) and Menthol sensation have been doing me fine. Hopefully my re-stock of e-liquid will be here tomorrow, as whilst I quite like the Decadent Vapours Cinnamint I preferred the others.

Can’t see myself ever going back to cigs. Bloody marvelous THANK YOU.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

That’s great news andyh2, have you tried a sneaky fag yet?
    I tried one a few weeks ago & I put it out almost straight away, tasted awful compared to a nice smooth vape. Again I will never say I’m completely off the fags until I have been a none smoker for longer than I smoked (nearly 30 years for me) but here’s to many days/weeks/years trying.
    Keep it up guys!

patriotpro
    Free Member

I had a few blasts on the kit I bought for my Mum and I couldn’t believe how ‘authentic’ an experience they provide.

You get the hit at the back of the throat, the smoke (water vapour) and the nicotine buzz.

My Mum says she doesn’t see no reason to buy another cig again.

Thanks again for input everyone – Impressive.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Isn’t it great when STW does what it does best. I have been banned for a few days since my last ‘contribution’ & I was seriously considering not bothering with this forum again, but then I realised that this place is just the best resource on the net (that I have found) & threads like these help so many people It’s worth the occasional dross for the warm fuzzy feeling that threads like this give & bring.

Cheers to the OP & all the contributors on this thread, & best to all those trying to give up the weed.

andyh2
    Free Member

Not even tempted to try a ‘real’ fag since I started vaping 10 days ago. Vaping seems to have all the things I like about smoking and none of the things I don’t like 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Andyh2, feels great doesn’t it !

I’m almost up to four years off the cigarettes now and have been decreasing the nicotine strength in my juice gradually and sometimes use 0% in Menthol flavour now.

user-removed
    Free Member

I tried the E-Lite jobs a while ago. Purely because I normally buy lozenges and was getting sick of always having a horse pill under my tongue. Also, they give you (me) chronic wind 😀

The fake ciggies didn’t work for me – just spent hours sooking at the damn thing with no satisfaction. But I’m now six months off the tabs, so job’s a goodun. Used to go through a 12.5g pack of drum every day. Enjoyed reading the success stories!

Woody
    Free Member

Picked up my Riva1100 kit on Saturday from the PO, charged it up when I got home from work and haven’t had a cigarette since. I did light one up yesterday morning out of habit, took two puffs and stubbed it out as it just wasn’t ‘nice’!

Quite remarkable really as I haven’t gone 24 hours without a fag for 30 years+

Still sussing out flavours, which has been fun and a bit of a surprise, as the ones I thought would be favourites are definitely not. Raspberry truffle and whiskey cream from Grizwalds pik’n’mix are currently top of list. I have just ordered a few more samples and some Peach from Decadent Vapours.

Major bonus is that my GF, who was extremely sceptical, had a go and has now taken the spare battery and cartomisers (I’ve been using the clearomiser), ordered her own stuff and also hasn’t had a fag since 😀

Net cost so far to us ie. deducting what we would have spent on cigs, has been about £50 but we have enough liquid for at least 2 weeks and spares for at least the next month or two. So as long as it keeps going well, break even point will be in 4 days time!

Much more important than money however, is that even in this very short space of time my lungs feel like new and (apparently) I don’t wheeze or snore any more. Bloody brilliant!

Cheers to all who have given advice 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use them electronic ciggies?’ is closed to new replies.