Home Forums Bike Forum Any Scott Scale owners ? After a new budget-mid range XC racey type bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Scott Scale owners ? After a new budget-mid range XC racey type bike.
  • geologist
    Free Member

Hi all

Im looking at getting a new bike with the intention of having a go at some xc racing. I’ve got a Whyte T129 which I love, but want a racier hardtail.

Id really like to buy from my local shop, and they have offered me money off this years Scale 735.
    Has anyone got anything to say about the 735 or the 750?

Cheers 🙂

GJP
    Free Member

I have a Scott 730 but have not rode if yet, so not much help. But I have had a Scott Scale 35 26in for 3 years and loved it, far better than my Whyte 19, which I found had a bit of a soft rear end. The scale put a real smile on my face having ridden an M5 Epic for 5 years prior to that.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Loved my Whyte 19C

But love my Scale more. Proper full-on rapid carbon HT

You’ll not regret buying. May be worth looking around for deals on 2013/14 bikes too.

geologist
    Free Member

bump 🙂

duckers
    Free Member

735 is carbon, 740 is alloy, so try them both as they’ll probably feel a bit different. Why not a 29er?
    Have you looked through westbrook cycles to see what they have in stock?

I believe the 735, 730, 720 all share the same carbon frame so there will be some compromise on forks, wheels, etc on the lower end ones. Carbon scotts dont have a great deal of rear tyre clearance at the chainstays so think about this if you ride muddy conditions or prefer > 2.2 tyres.

I like scott bikes and have owned several, current one being a 910, but I’m thinking of trying something else next, maybe a high end canyon or cube carbon hardtail as they’re much better value.

DT78
    Free Member

Currently a 2014 920, great bike, it certainly won’t be the bike that is holding you back. Agree with comment about rear clearance, I ran a 2.25 Ralph I the rear for a while and ended up with a bit of tyre rub on the chainstays. The fox ctd fork is ‘ok’ rather than amazing. I use the lockout a lot more than I expected, tbh I’d prefer locked out/open rather than 3 modes.

I ride mine for Xc races, endurance events and all day rides at trail centres like afan (if I’m going with fast guys)

All in a great bike.

One thing I learnt the other day – frame warranty is 3 years,which goes up to 5 if you get it serviced at a dealer (though I don’t know what qualifies as “servicing”). I do all my own spannering and didn’t realise this was a clause. My bike has been in for a couple of things, so hopefully that counts….

peabrain
    Free Member

Love my Scale Contessa 720 though the seatpost clamp is garbage!

dyls

I had the old scale 20 (26er), great bike and Id have another.

Sold that and bought a giant advanced xtc 29, my most used bike at the moment. Also a great bike.

Earl
    Free Member

I love my 26 alu scale.

how does the 29/27.5 sizes ride in comparison to the 26? Just as fast and furious?

geologist
    Free Member

bump 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Scott Scale owners ? After a new budget-mid range XC racey type bike.’ is closed to new replies.