Home Forums Bike Forum Any good Cyclocross deals around?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any good Cyclocross deals around?
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Curious about a cross bike for occasional racing, coaching kids cross training and maybe some longer distance gravel riding.

Anyone seen any screaming deals at the 1k price point? Cube cross race with some leftover for some lighter wheels seems a reasonable option. Anything else I should consider?

kerley
    Free Member

I would get a used bike. They don’t seem to hold their value that well.
    I was watching a very nice condition Cube Cross Race Pro (with two wheel sets/tyres) and it only got to £400

captaindodd
    Free Member

There’s often some lovely ones on Facebook Marketplace. There’s a couple of groups dedicated to them. Or eBay.

The good thing with second hand CX is because they’re quite niche you’re generally buying off someone knowledgable and they’ve usually been well looked after!

nixie

What size do you need £400 frameset here that you could easily build up for under 1k (if you need a 54 or 58). https://kidsracing.co.uk/collections/framesets-build-childs-bike-cyclocross-forks/products/hup-evo-cyclocross-disc-frameset-youth-size?variant=33240540151871

paddy0091
    Free Member

^ agree, go second hand. Often some bargains to be had on FB, etc, although usually more so when it isn’t CX season. Worth a look at your local CX race scene too though, quite often 1 or 2 bikes for sale that people bring along.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.