Home Forums Bike Forum Accidentally bought a Yeti ARC

• This topic has 106 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jfab.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Accidentally bought a Yeti ARC
  • boxwithawindow
    Free Member

As it turns out my idle enthusiasm into getting another carbon 29er hardtail, turned into browsing which turned into a cursory finance application before a final deep exhalation and uttering those fateful words… Oh **** it.

And now I have an Arc frame on the way.

ditch_jockey

Enjoy – my SC Chameleon involved much the same process :-)

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

My main reasoning is that I’ve always wanted a Yeti and this is the only one I would want to own in the u.k.

drew

Where from? Just out of idle curiosity of course.

ta11pau1

Have to say as a ‘downcountry’/modern XC/trail hardtail frame, it is very nice.

The front page article can’t have helped with the accidental click. And next click…

tomhoward

Why is it the ‘accidental’ clicks are always the expensive ones?

The ARC is the only Yeti I’d fancy a go on too…

garage-dweller

I always prevaricate forever on these sorts of things. Some times I wish I could just slip into idle browsing into suddenly dropping a load of cash on something fancy and not agonise about it for months first or after.

Enjoy 🙂

NormalMan

Awesome looking bike 😎 enjoy!

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m more of a fan of full sus and I’d consider swapping my Phantom for one :)

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

The front page article definitely peaked my interest and after looking at the other options nothing really grabbed me like the yeti.

I ordered it from blazing bikes in the end, it’s on pre order but the finance deal was too good to pass up.

drew

I’m sorely tempted, it’s such a good looking frame. What colour did you go for?

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Had to be turquoise right?

Likely the only yeti I’ll ever have so it had to be.

Plus I watched some review vids on YouTube and the black is more like raw so you can see parts of the layup in the carbon. Some people might like that but to me it just made it look like a Chinese eBay special.

drew

Good choice.

TheGhost
    Free Member

This is worth a watch.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m resisting the urge to click the link.

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

The video was interesting but I can’t help wondering if he was sponsored by slack r! Haha

I’ll be leaving the geo alone for now but worth a watch. Cheers

johnw1984
    Free Member

He is supported by the people who make the headset, but it all started with him buying them with his own money to try them.

Even with sponsored content, he’s a lot more candid than most from what I’ve seen.

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I would agree with that but also say that he does seem to have a very specific ideal of what a hardtail should be.

Either way he he is raving about the bike I just bought so it’s a win/win for me.

Won’t be here until July though :(

wbo
    Free Member

‘This is worth a watch’

No it’s not. Apparently it’s better, more balanced and feels like it’s come alive . It’s allowed to breathe. Fantakka!

Good looking bike though :-) I’m sure stock geometry is just fine

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hope you bought two, one as a spare, and make sure you register the warranty  👍

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Lifetime warranty on it so happy days.

funkmasterp

That’s a lovey looking frame OP. Bookmark the thread and post your pictures in July!

NormalMan

What sort of build are you going with?

I have a C1 build and haven’t had to make any real tweaks which is unusual for me on a complete build.

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

It will initially be a combination of what I have and what I can get used at a reasonable price but initially i will need…

34/pike 130mm

50mm stem

Whatever half decent wheels I can get

Shimano brakes

I already have so I may as well use…

Nx drivetrain

Thomson elite post or may borrow a dropper from something else.

760 thomson carbon bars

Brooks C15

Dhf/vittoria mezcal tyres

That will get me going so I can get some summer on it then I may add 2.6/2.6 rubber and go over to shimano 12 speed when I can get them.

How are you getting on with yours? Worth the money?

NormalMan

Sounds a nice build.

I’m really happy it. It was a bit a change in terms of going carbon after years of steel HTs etc.

I am coming back from a rotator cuff injury so not really pushing the bike or myself. But for the riding I do the geo is spot on. I love the way it accelerates on the climbs with a few decent pedal inputs.

Hopefully my recovery and dry dusty trails will combine so I can enjoy a fast HT spring / summer of riding.

andyg1966

I’m close to buying but can’t get my head around the sizing. I’m 5ft11 and ride a 19.5 trek stache 9.8 with a 35mm stem. I can’t go longer.

Yeti website shows me on the cusp of M and L.

OP what sizing decisions did you make pls?

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and went medium.

I’m not after massive reach numbers and the large was 465 which was right on the cusp of reach I’d be comfortable with and would also mean I couldn’t run a 200 dropper if I chose too and likely would be stuck with stem length of 35 or lower.

At the end of the day you can put a longer stem on but you can only realistically go so short.

I regularly straddle to M/L size line and I go by what I want from the bike.

NormalMan

I’m just over 5’11 and on a large. 175mm dropper and loads of stand over. I wouldn’t want the bike smaller. Seated I’d happily have it slightly longer due to my long arms but think the 50mm works with the handling of the bike.

Clink

Anyone know anywhere likely to have stock in large?

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I couldn’t see anywhere with any stock so I just joined the queue as soon as I could.

I need a little while to get the components up together anyway so this way I’ll be ready to build.

bigginge

Anyone know anywhere likely to have stock in large?

@Clink
    , this might not quite scratch the same itch but C6 Bikes had a large black carbon Santa Cruz Chameleon in stock a few days ago and it’s still up on their webiste now. If you compare the geometry tables for the new ARC and the chameleon they are remarkably similar to each other so it may be a worthy alternative (I may be biased having had an aluminium one for the last couple of years).

https://www.c6bikes.co.uk/Santa-Cruz-Chameleon-C-Frameset–2021/cycle_detail/3-975

Edit: One slightly shonky geometry comparison; I suspect the ARC is at least one size smaller than the Chameleon.

NormalMan

From what I have seen the ARC frames seem to be due in July (although it looks like the raw is the only colour but pre sold out in a large)

Clink

@Clink, this might not quite scratch the same itch but C6 Bikes had a large black carbon Santa Cruz Chameleon in stock a few days ago and it’s still up on their webiste now. If you compare the geometry tables for the new ARC and the chameleon they are remarkably similar to each other so it may be a worthy alternative (I may be biased having had an aluminium one for the last couple of years).

https://www.c6bikes.co.uk/Santa-Cruz-Chameleon-C-Frameset–2021/cycle_detail/3-975

Edit: One slightly shonky geometry comparison; I suspect the ARC is at least one size smaller than the Chameleon.

Appreciate that; Chameleon SA looks a bit slack in comparison?

Vortexracing

This thread as seriously got me thinking of one of these as my only bike. Seems like a great allrounder

Clink

This thread as seriously got me thinking of one of these as my only bike. Seems like a great allrounder

Yep. If you could buy one.

TheGingerOne

It doesn’t help, but I have the previous generation ArcC and it is a lovely bike. I still have no desire to change it after 6 years. It’s just perfect for all the mountain biking I do.

This new one is also a couple of hundred cheaper than mine was, although mine does have a BSA bottom bracket.

chipps

I’ve just done my second big ride on mine. Took a while to build up (after waiting ages with it on order…), but very happy with how it turned out.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CMC66tnHoIh/?igshid=qyi7o4yylj9d

Typical ‘journo build’ I’m afraid, so it has (secondhand) XTR 1×12, Fox34 – and Deore brakes! I was after a fun, fast, ‘jump on and go’ bike and this certainly fits the bill

Still playing with the fit. Put some 760mm flattish bars and a 35mm stem on. Might raise the bars a touch. I’m 5ft9in and the medium is fine. I could have got away with a large, but I’ve been riding some looong bikes recently and they’re impossible to wheelie/move around without a lot of exaggerated body English, so the slightly smaller fit of the medium is just what I wanted.

grooveshysta
    Free Member

I have a frame hopefully arriving in a couple of weeks! I ordered in around October from Bike Tart. You may want to try them to see if they have any spare on what they have arriving.

leegee

I was at Biketart a couple of weeks back and they had one on display. No Idea on size M or L as a guess.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

This frame has got me thinking too! Been on a rigid bike for 12 years, this could be time for a change 😅

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.