Home Forums Bike Forum A few days mid october doing ‘something’ ‘somewhere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A few days mid october doing ‘something’ ‘somewhere.
  • cp

Sat day dreaming the other day I realised I had the opportunity to have about 4-5 days solo away from family/kids(!) doing ‘something’.  That something is highly likely to involve a bike (road, mtb) and either in the UK or Europe.

Current thinking is somewhere warm with the road bike as a straightforward get away.  e.g. Mallorca, Calp

Or…some MTB/road touring ‘somewhere’….   maybe the Lake District, maybe Scotland, maybe Croatia…

4-5 days.. UK or Europe… rare opporuntity…   what would you do?  What reccomendations do you have for places to stay with great biking close by?  Any interesting eurpean multi day mtb routes/trails?

MoreCashThanDash

In October I’d be heading somewhere with a better chance of warm and dry…..a lot of clubmates seem to have done 4-5 day Mallorca trips this year.

Beware October half term prices, depending when in October.

cp

Yeah it will be before half term over weekend and flights looking good value.

snotrag

I’d deffo consider one of those popular cycling hotels in Mallorca, you’ll be able to get loads of miles in in nice dry warm, roads, and the chances are you’ll find some buddies to ride with too if you want.

chakaping

4-5 days.. UK or Europe… rare opporuntity…   what would you do?

I think I’d drive to the Highlands with my MTB, and a good selection of waterproofs.

Might well get lucky with the weather though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.