Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Watched a little of the footie yesterday. Must be a nightmare being a gooner and watching a team trying to walk/pass the ball into the net. ffs you are not Barca.

I sat down to watch it yesterday fearing the worst and sure enough we spent the first five mins passing it around our back four whilst palace stood and watched….it was everything I feared and expected. There is no risk involved in what we do, we are scared to go at teams and risk losing possesion, instead trying to pick passes through crowded penalty areas in a thoroughly predictable style. We knew palace would sit back and thats not easy to play against, but spending two thirds of the game passing the ball around aimlessly reduces the amount of attacking time by at least an hour, thus relying on only half an hour of actual positive football.

Its not rocket science, if you lose possesion, the oppo then come out and you can exploit the openings. Like others, I was hoping Palace scored the winner at the end. 🙁

dragon
    Free Member

Keeping my fingers crossed for it going down to the last day of the season.

As it happens Erikson, Alderweireld & Vertonghen won the title with Ajax on the last day of the season, having never led the league at any point.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The inconsistency in the refereeing yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. Totally agree with the big daft Geordie that the ref gave the last penalty to ‘even things up’ from previous decisions. He’d been doing it all match. Giving another daft decision to compensate for the original shocker which he’d incorrectly given the other way

Try not to be too critical of the guys with the impossible job, but hard to disagree Binners. There was another ref on the radio today making the simple point. If you make a mistake, which you will, put it behind you. Don’t try to compensate. But with the benefit is cameras, replays etc did seem to get both Vardy decisions wrong. Interesting to hear Mabbutt agreeing this afternoon too. For an ex-Spurs capital he was remarkably even in his comments re Leicester and sympatheitc towards them.

Would be fun to see Stoke win tonight though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ffs you are not Barca.

Speaking of whom…they’ve only gone and thrown a 9 point lead away. 😯

scandal42
    Free Member

No offence but, like Blackburn, you will be murdered in Europe

We will see, I very much doubt it though.

If we do then we will be carrying on the very fine traditions set by our most glorious BIG clubs over the last few years, so as usual, no pressure.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mr Ranieri is no mug in Europe and it depends who they get in the group, I believe the groups are seeded so as Champions ( 😉 ) they should have a good chance of qualifying from the group

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

We will see, I very much doubt it though.

*bookmarks*

Playing extra games, possibly have a few of your star players headhunted…..we’ll see 😈

PrinceJohn

Ironic about the refereeing performance yesterday, didn’t they change the ref because the original one had some distant connection to Leicester?

jambalaya
    Free Member

😀

PJ yes you are right, in all the fuss I’d forgotten totally

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Given plays in goal for Stoke this evening – he’s 40 in a couple of days. 😀

scandal42
    Free Member

No, the ref of tonights game was changed not the Leicester game.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Stoke were always going to play their number 2 keeper. That was a given.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We will see, I very much doubt it though

Even team with world class players like City took time to adapt

One season only teams records is not stellar and, respectfully, few of your players are truly at the top of their game/the best in their positions.

Not meaning to be shitty about the achievement its awesome but we are all stunned for a reason
    I think its most likely that next season will show us why but only time will tell.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Well, my prediction is half way there.

Looks like Stoke are on the beach…

theotherjonv

notch up the pressure a bit…….

Ro5ey
    Free Member

We’re coming for you… We’re coming for you…. Leicester City we’re coming for you.

I’ve kept quiet, l didn’t wanna tempt fate… But after that.

COYS

We got Alli, Dele Alli… He only cost 5 mill, he’s better than Ozil… We got Alli

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Funny how Chelsea may end up deciding it, given they play them both. It’s gonna go to the last day I think!

Junkyard
    Free Member

We got Alli, Dele Alli… He only cost 5 mill, he’s better than Ozil… We got Alli…he rounds the keeper and hits the post….we got Alli

FTFY – how did he miss ?

Great second half for sure and spurs seem to have more momentum than Leicester and that was devastating displaying of flowing football for them.

Squeaky bum time and another leicester defeat next trip out will be interesting

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

….and this is why I never gamble.

I imagine Arsenal fans are sweating more than Leicester ones at the mo 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nah arsenal fans are used to dropping out of contention and just scrapping a CL place 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I was referring more to the fact Spurs could win the title 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@scandal seems you where much more on the mark rather than me 🙂

Vardy will be sweating I’m sure it will be large portions of humble pie and I bet we see a few Roy Keane “highlights”

scandal42
    Free Member

Squeaky bum time and another leicester defeat next trip out will be interesting

Another? we didn’t actually lose.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Quite chippy these Leicester fans. It’s like they have negative role models or something 😉

Chat shit get banned

Junkyard
    Free Member

Another? we didn’t actually lose.

Yes fair point – hopefully you know what I meant even though what I said was factually incorrect
    Apologies

dragon
    Free Member

we didn’t actually lose.

No but draws aren’t really good enough for any team at this time of the season. Look what a couple of draws have done for Arsenals chances of the title.

There are 12 points still up for grabs for Leicester and Spurs and 15 points for the lot behind. With Spurs having the advantage of playing after Leicester ever week until the final day of the season.

weeksy

Spurs having the advantage of playing after Leicester ever week until the final day of the season.

Only if Leicester don’t win their early game…If they do then arguably it’s added pressure.

mikey3
    Free Member

Not sure playing after is any advantage,arent spurs playing Monday again next week? seems strange,guess it must be because of cup game backlog or something? Anyway the mighty swans are going to do spurs a favour sunday(typed with no conviction whatsoever:)

sheck

Loved the “is there a fire drill” chants from the away end last night.

binners

It has the potential to be a very interesting last day of the season. Spurs will have Newcastle who will probably be needing a result to stay up, whereas Leicester will have Chelski, who probably just want this season over and done with, and I’ve heard it rumoured don’t like Spurs much

Hmmmmmmm

BoardinBob

Never mind Leicester and Spurs, Barca’s unravelling is staggering!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/18/barcelona-team-could-not-lose-became-team-cannot-win-real-atletico-madrid

When Piqué scored the opening goal in the 56th minute of the clásico, it moved Barcelona 13 points ahead of Real Madrid, nine clear of Atlético. It was 9.45pm on Saturday April 2 and the title race was over. Or so everyone thought.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The implosion of Barcelona makes me happy.

Not even a Madridista or Atlético fan, but I just like to see them do badly.

I think it might be Busquets that started it, or the way despite having some of the best footballing talent in the world, they resort to gamesmanship so often.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Loved the “is there a fire drill” chants from the away end last night.

😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well for the second time in a week I woke up to a Newcastle result I had to check twice, just spoken to my folks who were there and it was a changed team. This one will go to the wire but my feeling is Sunderland and Norwich have one winnable game each. We need to beat palace and villa (there is the other scenario where we win 4 and send pardew down….)
    Bring on Liverpool

jambalaya
    Free Member

Palace and Pardew will survive. Newcastle where doomed when Pardew walked out fed up with the continual abuse.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They were and I hope the fall has woken a few up. I backed Pardew when he was there, the problems were not all his fault but it does appear the honeymoon is over at Palace

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bloody hell Arsenal, can’t any of your players shoot?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Out of interest, when did subs only start putting their shirts on when coming on to the pitch? And why? Can’t they afford the laundry bills? 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

I feel for Wenger, because they will finish below Spurs this year all the haters are out in force calling for him to go

binners

They deserve nothing from this match, Arsenal.

If any Sunderland players had theyre shooting boots on, they’d be 2 or 3 down in this second half

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.