Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • ernie67

I’m a Barnsley fan . Went to Chesterfield on Saturday full of hope etc.etc. ….anyhow , we scored in the 3rd minute , could’ve had another… but after that it was the same old same old . Looking like a long winter at the moment 🙁

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Bring on the cups! let’s see!

The comedy value has been sensational over the last 4 years, long may it continue!

I’d be surprised if we can compete with anyone in the top half of the prem, but the bottom half should be do-able. Defense still looks shaky, even your strikers would rip it apart at the moment 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Newcastle fan, amazed the transfer activities involved spending real money.. If we keep sissoko then who knows, land a new back for and a number 9 then I reckon we can avoid a relegation fight.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t think Newcastle are in any danger. They won’t set the league on fire, but McClaren’s not a bad coach and he’ll keep them safe (IMO).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes but this is Newcastle we are talking about… The transfer window is still open

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

binners

Yep… Still time for the traditional Mike Ashley last minute car boot sale. Or bringing JFK back into the fold again. 😀

Continuing the Binners family suicidal free bet philosophy, my beloved has a bet on a draw tonight. It’s worth noting that she’s well up already, after predicting a 2 – 2 draw with Swansea Chelski on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

binners

Sounds like Sterling is the new Cashley Cole, where all fans, regardless of alleigence, spend the whole game abusing him. Bet he’s relishing his first trip back to Anfield

Klunk
    Free Member
    seosamh77
    Free Member

hahhaahaha :mrgreen: the hilarity continues!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂 at today’s game being referred to as “El Cashico”.

EDIT: erm, not the Arsenal – Palace game.

mikey3
    Free Member

Heard it called “el plastico” today 🙂

binners

Blimey! City look good! Could easily have been 5 or 6 nil that. Looks like all isnt well at Chelski. I wonder who’s fault it is this week?

Remember when The Special One used to be witty, and urbane and amusing? Seems like a long time ago, doesn’t it?

bloodynora
    Free Member

Ah celtic, the w$$k stain on British football, like a bit of dog shit on the bottom of your shoe… shudder..
    Anyway to more important matters
    Good win for Citeh, Chelski misfiring or is their defence a bit crap, Jose in meltdown after today!
    Could be worse you could be a Sunderland fan 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Looks like Man City are going to give us (Leicester) a good battle for the title 😆

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Chelsea – I’ve never been covinced by Cahill and if this is the season Terry’s form goes the way of Stevie G they’re in a spot of bother. It’d be asking a lot of John Stones assuming they do end up signing him but they’ve got the best manager, sure they’ll be there or thereabouts. Fabregas must be a bit of a concern, he’s been anonymous since halfway through last season and Costa’s fuse looks very short.

Utd – 3 shots on target in two games and joint top! Efficient! I reckon they’ll sign someone else before the end of the window, definite big hitter 🙂

binners

There’s no way that United can seriously be looking at playing Rooney as a lone striker up front for the season. I bloody hope! He’s not a striker! His instinct is to drift back into midfield all the time. Got to bring in at least one top drawer front man. Maybe Super Mario 😆

Looking a lot more solid at the back though, but nowhere near what city have looked like first two games

imnotverygood

Chelsea supporter here. Have to say I could see that coming, it’s obvious the transfer market hasn’t worked and the side needed a gee-up after rather staggering (efficiently) over the line last season. Some of the players still look knackered, Ivanovich & Fabregas in particular. I also reckon that Jose could well blow up entirely and walk, given his volatility. Stranger things have happened.

postierich
    Free Member

Everton follower here will probably manage 3 or 4 games ,we will be mid table mediocrity as long as we give the red shite a beating/a game i will be happy.
    Stones will go to Chelsea after this weekends results shame but we need the money!

Bitterblue but we ARE the Peoples club!! 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Bolton fan. Fookin sick of this season already.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Think it’s going to be a long season for Bristol City. 😐

Klunk
    Free Member

Chelsea supporter here. Have to say I could see that coming, it’s obvious the transfer market hasn’t worked and the side needed a gee-up after rather staggering (efficiently) over the line last season. Some of the players still look knackered, Ivanovich & Fabregas in particular. I also reckon that Jose could well blow up entirely and walk, given his volatility. Stranger things have happened.

Typical 3rd season Jose Team. They always seem to be “burn’t out” after 2 years of Mourinho Motivation! 🙂

jimster01

Good to see Tottenham are back to their old reliable self, two up at half-time then concede two, quite good for them. 😕

shadowrider
    Free Member

Birmingham City for my sins. I don’t think we are the relegation fodder that the so called experts are predicting. We are very organised defensively and decent on the counter, top ten finish for my blue boys. Totally agree with Binners about Villa

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Two barnstorming performances 😆 from Liverpool – seeing off the mighty Stoke and Bournemouth by huge 1-0 margins see them 2 from 2. They’ll be lucky to get 5th. Bournemouth deserved more from that game.

weeksy

deadlydarcy – Member

Two barnstorming performances from Liverpool – seeing off the mighty Stoke and Bournemouth by huge 1-0 margins see them 2 from 2. They’ll be lucky to get 5th. Bournemouth deserved more from that game

Plenty of teams have done well over the years with many average performances but winning.

Utd last year for example, arguably along with Chelsea who dominated the league but rarely impressed much.

Pigface
    Free Member

Darcy I work with a fanatical Bristol City supporter, his mob sit in a corner of the ground and have loads of huge flags and banners, he thinks they will be ok.

theotherjonv

I also reckon that Jose could well blow up entirely and walk, given his volatility

Not just me that thought that then. He seems to get a bee in his bonnet, throws his toys and is then too stubborn to back down; I thought something big/little like Doctorgate might catalyse it but as one of the journo’s said, losing 3-0 to City gives him the chance to kill that one off as everyone moves onto the Chelsea are finished bandwagon.

binners

Looks like John Stones made the right decision. Playing for a side that are in with a shout of a top 4 finish, as opposed to the one presently sat just above the relegation zone 😆

Looks like the wheels are properly coming off at Chelski. And just to make it even better, I had a fiver on Everton to win 😀

binners

That’ll do. We looked miles better without Rooney! The new Terry Henry looked good. Bar a contender for goal of the season the scousers never turned up. Long may Rodgers tactical genius, and great buys continue. 😀

We’re second. Chelsea are 16th. Brilliant!

muggomagic

Another win for Brighton and 4 points clear at the top of the championship. More importantly a wonderful tribute to the victims of the Shoreham Airshow crash.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well another Sunday morning an no Newcastle loss – another positive for the season (yes I know we play Monday)

I hope Jose didn’t take a long lease on his new pad.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Bit grim being a celtic fan the now, pumped out the CL to Malmo, and aberdeen storming the league! jebus! 😆 Ajax away next week is more than a little concerning!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chelsea supporter here … I also reckon that Jose could well blow up entirely and walk, given his volatility. Stranger things have happened.

@imnotverygood
    , fully signed up “hater” of Jose here and Spirs fan. Normally being one place behind Chelsea would be a good sign 😥 hopefully we’ll be above them after today’s game. I think it’s too much to hope for seeing JM walk, he’ll stick it out whilst grumbling profusely. A loss next week against Arsenal is possible but I predict a defensive 0-0 IMO Chelsea’s (and JMs success elsewhere) was built on a very well organised team with a strong defence. They are now vulnerable at the back to even mid table sides so teams don’t need to over commit against them and are less exposed to a Chelea break.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@muggo, thanks for sharing that and respect to Brighton for arranging

binners

I think it’s too much to hope for seeing JM walk, he’ll stick it out whilst grumbling profusely.

The lengthening list of Jose’s spurious excuses, as he becomes increasingly paranoid, and details the conspiracies against him, are becoming more and more hilarious.

Apparently yesterdays defeat was due to the computers not working at the training ground 😆

Chelseas problems are all over the pitch though. Deleaney at Crystal palace got the measure of Costa. Just get close to him and get really physical. Play like he does, (a thug) and he doesn’t like it one little bit. Deleaney completely nullified him. Then he starts getting increasingly frustrated, and chucking his toys out of the pram. His first sending off is surely just around the corner. The Jose can moan about him being targeted, and unfair refereeing

MSP

Jose’s method now seems to be to find a victim to put the blame on, to enforce his authority. He does it externally in interviews blaming referees etc, but he also does it internally isolating players, eg Matta and De Bruin. The trouble is it breeds fear and mistrust and when it starts to go wrong players start to get nervous and wonder if they are next. I think the spat with his medical team highlighted to everyone inside chelsea they could be next, plus they didn’t lie down and die for him as he thinks everyone should.

I think he used to be able to inspire players to follow his management, now he expects them to follow because he is manager, the inspiration is slipping away.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No bad, over all good result. We were 1-2 up against ajax till our LB got sent aff, finished 2-2, decent enough considering I was fearing a pumping. Ajax no great shakes, look as if they could be dangerous up front, but they’re poor at the back.

Fancy taking them at celtic park now to be honest.

Another shock result, molde beating fernabache! good start all round in this group for us though, just a shme we couldnt’ hold out for the win with 10 men for the last 20 minutes.

Fernabache at Celtic park up next in the group.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not a great week so far for uk teams

seosamh77
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    Not a great week so far for uk teams

Only if you’re from manchester! 😆 celtic/liverpool, 2 away draws is decent, spurs won and chelsea won.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.