Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • MSP

Euros are looking weak against Sterling.

dannyh
    Free Member

Of course there is more to it than this. Mainly, the big thing about Milner is that he runs a lot. Not only this, he runs in well-grooved patterns, like a faithful Ukrainian trolley bus set on its virtuously unswerving course. The numbers are well known: in England’s first match he ran 1.4km more than anyone else, and was heading towards doing the same before being substituted in the last two. Uefa’s analysis graphics depict him as a static blob, but really Milner’s blob should be blurred with motion lines, reflecting an approach that basically involves embarking on a series of unrelenting sprints from box to box, like a man very stubbornly doing lengths of a swimming pool while a water polo match goes on all around him.

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen written about football.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ that’s excellent – so basically the uefa analysis shows he runs round in small circles 🙂

Euros are looking weak against Sterling.

boom tish

Well we know England can win 1-0 against 10 men, at least that’s something

scandal42
    Free Member

More painful than attending a lecture led by Michael Owen

binners

I didn’t miss owt by not watching a meaningless England friendly then?

I was genuinely staggered to hear that it apparently it wasn’t that entertaining!

Going out first round. After people have died of boredom watching them

I hate international football where Eng-er-land are concerned! It’s woeful!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

i firmly believe we are just following the Greece model.. it will be the same as Grexit then Euro glory 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’ve had time to digest this now, and it really wasn’t great.

I really do not know how Hodgson kept his job after the shit show that was the World Cup. Last night’s deployment of our best strikers on the wings, and his inability to hold his hands up and admit it didn’t work, shows that he is just going to cripple any chance we have.

Add to that our comedy defence, and it’s going to be business as usual.

At least Rooney got to play, tho….

*sigh*

Junkyard
    Free Member

I so hope you beat Russia 5-0 as I love the swings of emotions from england fans

that said he does seem so keen to get his best players on the pitch he has forgotten to consider whether it works or not..it did not

Neither vardy nro kane can play out wide and sterling is better on the left by a long way – and he is pretty crap.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I so hope you beat Russia 5-0 as I love the swings of emotions from england fans

You will only get mild surprise out of me if we tonk Russia.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Just to add to the Wilshere chat a page back, I can’t quite believe this:

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Given Leeds owners, I can.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Erm…

Guy is a journo for Guardian/Observer, so might be a grain of truth to it compared to the usual Twitter bullshit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Inappropriate from Arsenal just before Euro 2016

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

To be fair, whoever leaked it to the journalist is being inappropriate. Clubs still need to operate during this time.

I imagine the offer was made between the big cheeses, without Vardy even knowing, and someone has leaked it. After all, it looks like an exploratory offer just to trigger the release clause*. Like they did so successfully with Suarez.

That aside, he is really not the player they need.

*Approx £20m

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*Approx £20m

So assume, with typical Arsenal class, they’ve offered £20,000,001 then?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I don’t think any modern football club displays ‘class’ anymore.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What is Vardy worth? He’s not young, he may have peaked? What would you offer if you were Le Prof?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Inappropriate

Because?
    What if someone else tries it ?

Its their job to get the best players for their team and lets be honest there are no other leicester player there for him to talk to so its decent business sense

They all ta them up some openly some via the press some using international meet ups and team mates

No team is any better or any worse though i assume the bigger and the better you are the more able you are to do this

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What is Vardy worth? He’s not young, he may have peaked? What would you offer if you were Le Prof?

Given Arsenal seem to only have 1 striker left, he’s probably worth a bit more over market value to them if they were really after him.

Thing is, he just signed a contract in Feb for 3 years, and they have a shit load of money behind LCFC, so chances are he is not going anywhere. Unless he wants to.

Not sure why he would want to go from #1 to #4, tho;)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Because he knows Leicester wont get “lucky” twice and neither might he so one last big pay day

I bet he is tempted but its pretty risky IMHO

Two words

Franny Jeffers 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I bet he is tempted but its pretty risky IMHO

Once Arsenal medical staff get their hands on him it will be. He’ll go from having a support sleeve on his wrist, to having to have the arm amputated.

I wonder if Arsenal will offer a player as a sweetener? Apparently they’re having a clear out. Walcott, Gibbs etc.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Not sure why he would want to go from #1 to #4, tho;)

Ahem second actually and….haven’t you been banging on about LCFC only being mid table next year?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I have indeed.

The wonder of a being an Aston Villa supporter is I can say all this stuff, and no one really retaliates, as they feel sorry for us 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

Oh I didn’t realise….my commiserations! I’m not sure you are now qualified to comment on this thread. Binners will be along soon to confirm.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The wonder of a being an Aston Villa supporter is I can say all this stuff, and no one really retaliates, as they feel sorry for us

😆

Every cloud has a silver lining eh

shadowrider
    Free Member

@bongohoohaa I definately don’t feel sorry for any Vile fan, had it coming for years and long may the pain continue KRO

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oh I didn’t realise….my commiserations! I’m not sure you are now qualified to comment on this thread. Binners will be along soon to confirm.

I’ll go and put the ceremonial Villa dildo on my head, and wait for the ruling.

@bongohoohaa I definately don’t feel sorry for any Vile fan, had it coming for years and long may the pain continue KRO

shadowrider
    Free Member

It’s been a good year for the blue half of the city

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Binners/Junkyard will be happy.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

How have I only just seen this?

bloodynora
    Free Member

The Welshies have just announced their revised squad…

Press release….. G Bale ( Real Madrid )…… Press release.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Jesus, Mary & Joseph…all wept. That **** band. 😡

martinhutch

Imagine paying three grand for a ticket and getting stuck next to those chumps.

MSP

I would be sorely tempted to murder them, then I would probably end up spending many many years in a French prison and that would likely end any hope I hold to murder Tim Westwood, but it is a bloody close call.

MSP

On the other hand, maybe the French will hail me as a hero for killing the band, carry me through the streets cheering, invade Britain, capture Westwood and bring him before me for a good old fashioned murdering.

hmmmm… I feel a plan forming.

martinhutch

Or you could stage a Great Escape of some kind.

It wouldn’t be so bad if they played the whole thing, rather than just one phrase over and over and over and over…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbsuAbTTsV8[/video]

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It seems Arsenal just like triggering clauses, then running away 😀

Leicester City have today (Thursday) agreed with the representatives of Jamie Vardy to extend the England international’s contract with the Premier League champions for a further four years.
    Both parties hope that this announcement will end recent speculation regarding Jamie’s future and confirm his long term commitment to Leicester City Football Club.

Jamie will continue to focus all of his efforts on trying to achieve success with the England team at the European Championships in France.

There will be no further comment from either the Club or the player on this matter until the conclusion of the tournament.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/leicester-city-statement-jamie-vardy-3150830.aspx

Always seemed an odd move, so good luck the cheeky little racist at Leicester. Wonder if this will encourage Kante and Mahrez to stay?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Wonder if they’ll make a move for Sturridge next?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I thought they were in for Morata?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.